RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:59 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
I'd send you one if you revoke your polished comments... I've polished soo much aluminum on my project car I really dont want to do so ever again.

You send me one, i'll buy you a dremel polish kit.
Already have one

photo
photo
photo

NO MORE.

C'mon, all it takes is a light polish. Just to hide them surface scratches. You'll still have the matte look, but more refined.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
My OCD makes it a mirror finish or nothing type thing.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 16:02 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
My OCD makes it a mirror finish or nothing type thing.

Nobody likes scratches. Puppies and hot chicks vomit upon sight.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 16:15 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
I'd send you one if you revoke your polished comments... I've polished soo much aluminum on my project car I really dont want to do so ever again.
I can't imagine how long it would take to polish that stuff. It's hard enough just to get it rawed correctly, let alone polished correctly. I will never ever raw another bike. lol

Only becuase you used some spray on tan, paint remover... You get the industrial stuff, and that thing will come off no problem. No mess, no scrapping.

Please direct me to the professional kind that will make all the paint come off in one wipe of the towel.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 16:18 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
I can't imagine how long it would take to polish that stuff. It's hard enough just to get it rawed correctly, let alone polished correctly. I will never ever raw another bike. lol

Only becuase you used some spray on tan, paint remover... You get the industrial stuff, and that thing will come off no problem. No mess, no scrapping.

Please direct me to the professional kind that will make all the paint come off in one wipe of the towel.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=aircraft+paint+stripper

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 16:21 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=aircraft+paint+stripper

Yea no. I've tried stuff like that. It doesn't just happen like that. Way more time put in. The stuff I got isn't wimpy either. It's very good. Way better than any gel based product.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:16 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Yea no. I've tried stuff like that. It doesn't just happen like that. Way more time put in. The stuff I got isn't wimpy either. It's very good. Way better than any gel based product.
I take make frames to get rawed at the local auto shop and have it media blasted.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:29 Quote
Rokan14, I'll give your session a 9.5/10, beauty of a build! But please get a DM ring on their as others have said (lets collectively buy him one so we stop asking LOL).

Keeping up with the custom RV1 forks here's my '14 Jedi (with the same world cup team only internals).

2014 Canfield Jedi Custom Build OFFER

2014 Canfield Jedi Custom Build OFFER

Cheers guys

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:32 Quote
Squad! Very tastefully done, i'll give it a respectable 9/10.

Just to prove im not insane, how does the custom RV1 stack up to every other fork you've owned?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:34 Quote
Where did you guys find these custom RV1's. I know you got yours off of Bernard Kerr, but what about EarthEater.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:40 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
Squad! Very tastefully done, i'll give it a respectable 9/10.

Just to prove im not insane, how does the custom RV1 stack up to every other fork you've owned?

Cheer`s man, thanks for that! Haha yea RV1 squad. Hmm, made my Rux feel like it was blowing through travel constantly no matter what, made the Ti Coil 40 feel like it lacked sensitivity and was rough, made the 40 Float (havent tried 2016) feel like it had stiction off the top, and made any Boxxer I have ridden feel less rigid. To be fair I have definitely spent the most time on the RV1 compared to the rest so I am obviously biased.

All in all it`s stiffer, smoother, and has better mid stroke support than anything I`ve tried. Feels like an oily seal on a slip and slide (in a good way).

More people should give X-fusion a shot, plus its all sexy af.

Edit: I got mine from an ex-canfield team member who is very close with the guys at X Fusion so they hooked him up with the same sweet friction reducing mods and such.

-Bodhin

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:51 Quote
Glad to see you like it.

I have a hunch we may have different modifications. Mine had the latest internals they made for Bernard Kerr, before he switched suspension sponsors. I believe it has one off custom milled parts, which you don't see on any other RV1 fork. It also has a much harder spring than their stock offering.

Here's a review of the stock one, for anyone intrested. I believe they also have a part talking about my fork, or one similar.

http://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/gear-news/2014-x-fusion-rv1-dh-forks.html#mLlpO4RUuIjemouH.97

"Last year we rode Bernard Kerr’s muscled up RV1 and were might impressed with the way in which the damping held the rider through faster sections, whilst maintaining good grip, and the chassis offering just the right amount of flex and stiffness required of the bigger wheeled bikes."

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
Glad to see you like it.

I have a hunch we may have different modifications. Mine had the latest internals they made for Bernard Kerr, before he switched suspension sponsors. I believe it has one off custom milled parts, which you don't see on any other RV1 fork. It also has a much harder spring than their stock offering.

Here's a review of the stock one, for anyone intrested. I believe they also have a part talking about my fork, or one similar.

"Last year we rode Bernard Kerr’s muscled up RV1 and were might impressed with the way in which the damping held the rider through faster sections, whilst maintaining good grip, and the chassis offering just the right amount of flex and stiffness required of the bigger wheeled bikes."

From what I've seen the gripes with the RV1 is the mid stroke support. Seems like they fixed that with his fork.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 18:02 Quote
Look`s like we may be tearing our forks apart to see soon haha.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
To answer how i got my fork, i bought it off Bernard himself. After purchasing it, i jumped into his van, and he dropped me off on a road that lead to the train station. (He was in a rush) Made me walk over half an hour with fork in hand. Blood sweat and tears were put into getting my special on off fork. One thing to note, he has the weakest handshake ever. I may have accidently crushed his hand...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015613
Mobile Version of Website