RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 4:01 Quote
jackstack wrote:
Isnt the coil shock mean tto be the other way around

just trying to keep the weight lower in the frame i guess. marginal difference i give you...

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:44 Quote
tommyhough wrote:
jackstack wrote:

just trying to keep the weight lower in the frame i guess. marginal difference i give you...

Some claim it lowers the unsprung weight and improves shock sensitivity

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
tommyhough wrote:
jackstack wrote:

That is correct, but mostly for the MX bikes, because of the weight. For our DH bikes, the unsprung weight is not enough to cause this kind of a difference. And if we count the lighter machines from these days around 15-17kg, this is getting more and more pointless.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 6:02 Quote
zixs wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:
tommyhough wrote:

That is correct, but mostly for the MX bikes, because of the weight. For our DH bikes, the unsprung weight is not enough to cause this kind of a difference. And if we count the lighter machines from these days around 15-17kg, this is getting more and more pointless.

Yeah I was pretty sceptical about it when I first heard off it, some people are just control freaks haha

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
zixs wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:

Yeah I was pretty sceptical about it when I first heard off it, some people are just control freaks haha
Unless your one of those riders thats numb to what your bikes doing, its definitely noticeable.
With bikes getting lighter and lighter. The shock becomes more of a centralized weight spot. Which means its mass has more affect and feedback to the frame and rider. Having the heaviest part located on the frame instead of the suspension will definitely make the bike fell less jittery in the rough stuff. So why not mount the shock the right way? Not like its diificult.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
10/10 for Kona! It's perfect!

Upgrade upgrade my Intense UZZI

Finally my Intense is complete! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
Like the tyres, that fork orientation isnt my style nor is that shade of blue and orange though I dont think the photos do it justice. I think we can agree the grips seem/are out of place

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 10:36 Quote
If the stem and grips matched the frame colours it would would much better, but I really like it

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
Yeah thats a good rule of thumb

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
6/10 for the Intense. the blue(and stem) are great. the grips and decals are too much. Not a fan of the rear axle choice either. DH bikes should be bolt on.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
Nice Uzzi... 8/10 for me.

Fangoman... hasn't that carbon seat been a hazard for you? I had one of those Tioga knock-offs... they're comfortable, but the problem is when I crash and hit the rear part of the seat, that solid and sharp edge hurts! Your experience?

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:50 Quote
Intense M9 black. 888 RC3 EVO Ti v.2 fresh wheels.
two days after last post had a good wreck. destroyed front wheel. So fresh wheels, and a new Saint derailler. couple other bits on the way (saint shifter ,and new cassette)

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
Dayum son!!!! I havent seen one in ages. Looking pretty damn mint

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 16:17 Quote
Love these frames, definitely one of the most MX-looking dh bikes out there. so rad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020497
Mobile Version of Website