Transition Bottlerocket?

PB Forum :: Other
Transition Bottlerocket?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 16:34 Quote
Im looking into getting one, tell me if it is worth it , and if there is anything better! thanks!

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 16:53 Quote
I ride with a guy who built up a bottle rocket this year, an agressive, lighter free-rider and he absolutely loves it! He built it with a rocco coil on the rear and a fox 36 on the front. its a plush ride that seems to handle drops, jumps and XC. vid of him here on the bike...good luck.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=8392

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
thanks guys , the stinkys r nice to , if u know anyone selling a stinky or a bottlerocket tell me!:P thanks

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:21 Quote
Stinky's and BR's are not the same at all.
The BR design is totally differnet and can be built up so much better.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:23 Quote
they both suck, get a giant reign X or glory fr.. The Reign X is actually cheaper as well.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
windsorbighitrider wrote:
they both suck, get a giant reign X or glory fr.. The Reign X is actually cheaper as well.

i would agree, the reign is sick and light.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
photo

Thats my bottle rocket.
Everyone kept pushing me away from getting one saying how much it sucked and how much it chips but it rides insain nice u wont be disapointed

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:47 Quote
it probably doesnt suck to you because a bottle rocket is the only good bike you have ridden. Considering you think of a bottle rocket as "good" regardless the bottlerocket suspension isn't very good, especially compared to the maestro suspension of the reign. I mean when have you ever seen a Transition racing on the world circuit? You Don't you see Giants, Iron horse (dw link) Santa Cruz, Intense, Marin (VPP), Orange (Single Pivot) Etc, what you don't see is transitions suspension in general. If you want a bike that is very responsive, "plowable" and pedals amazing, go for a Giant. You can't go wrong.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
if your buying a Bottle rocket theyre not for sensitivity bud. if you wanted one for sensitivity youd buy a giant, norco or somthing along those lines

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
Really before you guys can even answer his question we need to know his intended use for it. Sure the bottlerocket will be great at some things - but not at all things.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:59 Quote
teamcliffhanger776 wrote:
if your buying a Bottle rocket theyre not for sensitivity bud. if you wanted one for sensitivity youd buy a giant, norco or somthing along those lines

you basically defend the bottle rocket only because you own one.. kinda biased imo.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 16:01 Quote

you basically defend the bottle rocket only because you own one.. kinda biased imo.
I Defend it because i know more of what it can handle then you because i own one. but i dont really care what ever floats your boat i guess.

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 16:03 Quote
My next bike is going to be a bottlerocket simply because it is a short travel bike that can take a beating, a 200mm fork and is cheap. (Apparently it also accelerates amazingly at the races) A BR frame costs $1400ish while a Giant Reign X frame costs something like $2100, and a Intense 6.6 is $2000 +, and a Kona Coiler with DHX3 and the floating brake - well it falls into the same price range as a BR $1300ish- but I have a thing against Konas. I think the main good thing about Bottlerockets is the price tag.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 16:04 Quote

I Defend it because i know more of what it can handle then you because i own one. but i dont really care what ever floats your boat i guess.

Do you really need a 6/5.5 for these massive jumps:
photo
or maybe even this intense "wall ride"
photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 16:06 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
My next bike is going to be a bottlerocket simply because it is a short travel bike that can take a beating, a 200mm fork and is cheap. (Apparently it also accelerates amazingly at the races) A BR frame costs $1400ish while a Giant Reign X frame costs something like $2100, and a Intense 6.6 is $2000 +, and a Kona Coiler with DHX3 and the floating brake - well it falls into the same price range as a BR $1300ish- but I have a thing against Konas. I think the main good thing about Bottlerockets is the price tag.

funny you should say a reign is more, i recently (3 hours ago) called around ontario looking for a Giant Reign frame for 2008. Turns out that the Reign is 200 cheaper than the bottle rocket. The Bicycle Shop in Brantford, Ontario sells the Reign for 1200, and Smith Cycle in Chatham, Ontario sells the bottle rocket for 1400, shipping included.

Edit: Reign X

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013106
Mobile Version of Website