Transition Bottlerocket?

PB Forum :: Other
Transition Bottlerocket?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
yeah how are them maxis advantages what they like in mud and concreate

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 3:22 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
get a bottlerocket... transition has a lifetime warrantee so if you f*ck it up, you get a new one

How far does that extend? Lots of things have great warranties, but if you crash and break something the company normally comes back with "your fault, not our problem".

Would they replace a frame if you "f*cked it up"?

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 3:49 Quote
I've heard of a few replacements on Prestons and recently a replacement on a Covert. The replacement on the Covert was for someone that bought it used too Eek . It seems that they are really standing behind the frames. If you bought a Covert and blasted the shock mount off or ripped the headtube off by hucking road gaps they might have a problem with that, but they should IMO.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
photo

I've ridden a lot of bikes, and i love this one the most..

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
raak wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
get a bottlerocket... transition has a lifetime warrantee so if you f*ck it up, you get a new one

How far does that extend? Lots of things have great warranties, but if you crash and break something the company normally comes back with "your fault, not our problem".

yes they will, but thats very unlikely to happen. its weird, they have a 1 year defect warranty but a lifetime warantee if you break the frame.... weird but good in a way

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
the bike makes a wicked all round free ride bike. The best thing about the bottle rocket is not every one can ride it, or will enjoy riding it because you need to work a little harder to ride it well

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
windsorbighitrider wrote:
it probably doesnt suck to you because a bottle rocket is the only good bike you have ridden. Considering you think of a bottle rocket as "good" regardless the bottlerocket suspension isn't very good, especially compared to the maestro suspension of the reign. I mean when have you ever seen a Transition racing on the world circuit? You Don't you see Giants, Iron horse (dw link) Santa Cruz, Intense, Marin (VPP), Orange (Single Pivot) Etc, what you don't see is transitions suspension in general. If you want a bike that is very responsive, "plowable" and pedals amazing, go for a Giant. You can't go wrong.
agree, but transition uses the same design (vpp) as intense and much of Santa Cruz

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
unfknblvbl wrote:
agree, but transition uses the same design (vpp) as intense and much of Santa Cruz

NO, Transition uses a SINGLE PIVOT, not VPP. Transition steals some geometry from SC and Intense, but not suspension designs.

Madder

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
get the b-rock dude. seriously. my friend rocks on and its awesome. he loves it. def. worth it. dont listen to ppl who say "ppl just buy em cus transitions popular" b-rocks are sick.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
unfknblvbl wrote:

NO, Transition uses a SINGLE PIVOT, not VPP. Transition steals some geometry from SC and Intense, but not suspension designs.

Madder
sorry, my bad. just saw that support piece

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
raak wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

yes they will, but thats very unlikely to happen. its weird, they have a 1 year defect warranty but a lifetime warantee if you break the frame.... weird but good in a way
yea, transiton has the most AMAZING service ever. giv em a call

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
get a nomad or tazer. i know a few people with brs. they like them, 'till they try something else/better

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/44330/2000917062349231817_rs.jpgThe reason why to not buy a bottle rocket.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
A steerer tube stuck in my chest is no reason to buy that over a BR.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
A steerer tube stuck in my chest is no reason to buy that over a BR.

neither is half a gold king headset

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020209
Mobile Version of Website