Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 11:45 Quote
mcwdisciple wrote:
Hey guys! I just bought the 2015 Trance 2 and have been riding it like crazy. I chose the 2 over the 1 in hopes to build it up more to my liking than the Giant build. My only upgrade so far, is a pair of ENVE RSR bars because I've come to love the feel of carbon bars and the aluminium ones weren't cutting it.

Are there any parts that you guys have swapped out immediately or very soon? The only thing I'm not liking so far are the forks. Never been a fan of the Evolution series, and my feelings stay the same on this occasion. So, just curious on what you guys would recommend for the next few purchases.
I agree the Trance2 is a good choice for an upgrade platform, and my LBS said they sold a huge amount of them in 2014.
I'm surprised you spent $$ on an Enve bar when the crappy Fox Evo fork and shock are begging to be replaced first (IMO anyway).

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 13:36 Quote
brianl wrote:
mcwdisciple wrote:
Hey guys! I just bought the 2015 Trance 2 and have been riding it like crazy. I chose the 2 over the 1 in hopes to build it up more to my liking than the Giant build. My only upgrade so far, is a pair of ENVE RSR bars because I've come to love the feel of carbon bars and the aluminium ones weren't cutting it.

Are there any parts that you guys have swapped out immediately or very soon? The only thing I'm not liking so far are the forks. Never been a fan of the Evolution series, and my feelings stay the same on this occasion. So, just curious on what you guys would recommend for the next few purchases.
I agree the Trance2 is a good choice for an upgrade platform, and my LBS said they sold a huge amount of them in 2014.
I'm surprised you spent $$ on an Enve bar when the crappy Fox Evo fork and shock are begging to be replaced first (IMO anyway).
The xc team I ride for is sponsored by ENVE, and when I wanted to replace the bar, I decided to represent (:

Speaking of crappy fox evolution , what have you guys found to be the best fork to replace it?
I was thinking of bumping the travel up to 150 or 160, and don't really care about lockout, but would rather have high and low speed adjust.

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
as far as i know the headset cups are just standard and so is the bottom bearing, I'm not 100% but all you need is to change the upper bearing. OD2 uses a smaller diameter bearing to accommodate the fatter steerer which fits the OD2.
Thanks, but I'm sure you need the whole upper headset including spacers, so I figured I'll replace the bottom while I'm there with something better. I've found out the dimensions are 44/56 so I'll go from there Smile

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 14:21 Quote
Creg wrote:
sostokedaboutthat wrote:
as far as i know the headset cups are just standard and so is the bottom bearing, I'm not 100% but all you need is to change the upper bearing. OD2 uses a smaller diameter bearing to accommodate the fatter steerer which fits the OD2.
Thanks, but I'm sure you need the whole upper headset including spacers, so I figured I'll replace the bottom while I'm there with something better. I've found out the dimensions are 44/56 so I'll go from there Smile
All you need is an upper bearing and preferred number of spacers if you'd like to keep your current headset and not spend 60-80 bucks plus for a new headset. I've already spoken to my local Giant dealer about this as I'm upgrading to a Pike. But, if you do want a new headset, yes a ZS 44/56 is what you need.

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 0:31 Quote
good noon,

i hope my build will last. i have a 2007 giant trance with 160mm marzocchi 55r 160mm travel.
i do typical fast trial, 1 foot drop.
any suggestion with the build that will last? or do i need to change my frame that matches 160mm travel fork.

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 2:06 Quote
Have you owned since new or did you pick it up used? If used I'd be most concerned with possible fatigue due to the age and use of the frame. Aluminum frames only have so long of a service life before cracking becomes an issue if they've been well ridden. While 2007 doesn't seem that old, it is an 8 year old frame. I'd be diligent with periodic inspections for cracks.

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
fatigue lol what fatigue lol lol it should be fine dude. Im rocking my old-school 05 trance with 160mm Fox 36s up front and it's still going strong. Regularly hitting dh runs and getting sent off drops and jumps. Although I am planning on lowering the forks to 140 at some point soon.

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 8:49 Quote
photo

photo

My 2015 Trance 2

upgraded 1x drivetrain
stealth rf bars
stealth fox decals

getting there!

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 15:38 Quote
Giant Trance 27.5

My '14 Giant Trance 1 with RS Pike 150mm solo, CC DB Inline 200 x 57 1x drivetrain RF NW 32t Front and 42 One Up GC, Spank Oozy 295 wheels, 50 mm Giant Stem and RF Sixc 800 mm Carbon Bars

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 18:00 Quote
the seat post is on backward....

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 5:16 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
the seat post is on backward....

ahah, that looks so weird

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
The shock is upside down as well…

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
About the seat post just warrantied it from Giant and it was so frustrating to intall it routing it internally just don't wanna deal with it right now but will correct eventually, lol and with regards to the shock there's is no right or wrong way of installing it it as may you have seen in so many picture of the Inline most of it are installed this way easier to reach the CS lever when going uphill.

Posted: Oct 18, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
I'm going for a green and blue combo on my 2015 Trance 27.5 2. I'm going to switch it to 1X and like the green oneup sprocket and derailleur cage, and wish they made their oval chainring in green, but i'm torn because of shimano's XT 1X 11 gear, The price difference is not that much. I'll post a pic when i finally make a decision.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017826
Mobile Version of Website