Bikeshack limited

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Bikeshack limited
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
Has anyone ever bought a bike from Bikeshack Limited? Here is a link to there website. www.bikeshacksonline.com

Looks like they're located in the UK and it says they ship to the US. They have some really good deals. I'm looking at a 2008 Jamis Parker 2 and it's only $600. Just curious to see if anyone has delt with them before.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 21:58 Quote
I'd be *VERY* cautious about ordering from them.

I was about to order a 2008 Jamis Xenith, myself, but the deal was almost too good to be true (such as almost 50% off of "normal" prices and "48 hr" FedEx shipping from the UK to the US... for $50), so I did some checking.

The address that they list on their site is indeed a real address (you can verify the address by going to yelp.co.uk and typing in bikeshack in hertfordshire). You'll find that Yelp's address and that shown on the website "www.bikeshacksonline.com" are the same. So far, so good... right?

So I actually called Bikeshack Scooters in Hertfordshire, UK (thank god for cheap Skype calls!) and spoke to a guy who had absolutely no idea why I was calling about BICYCLES, since they only sell motor bikes. Best 5 cents (on Skype) I ever spent.

The web address for Bikeshack Scooters is here:
http://www.bikeshackscooters.co.uk/
You'll find that they also have an address posted that matches.

The gentleman at bikeshackscooters seemed pretty concerned about the "bikeshacksonline" site I told him about.

I have since asked bikeshacksonline.com about all of this, and have heard nothing back from them. Not a good sign.

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 7:27 Quote
yea, I'm definetly not ordering from them. They wanted a western union money transfer and wouldn't take paypal. Definetly a scam.

Posted: Jul 2, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
Heh. I asked if I could use a escrow service. This is the responce I got from a "Andrea Thompson" bikeshackltd@yahoo.com>

Dear Valued Customer

Sorry we dont use escrow service, we currently accept payments via Western Union only for now, and this is the way other customers has been making their payments without any problem, so if you are highly interested in this item, kindky feel free to proceed with your order and get back to us with your full delivery details so that we can proceed with the packaging.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Best Regards.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
That is a VERY similar reply I got when asking if I could pay with Paypal.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 16:35 Quote
I experienced the same response. I went farther by inquiring whether I could have my sister (who lives in London) stop by to make payment and to provide shipping details and supervise the shipping of the bike. The answer was NO.

Andrea responded:

Dear Valued Customer

We receive your messages, and we answered your questions already, we are located in the UK, and the shipment will be made directly from the head office in the UK, and we do not accept in store pick up, due to past bad experience from previouse buyers, to order from us, your payment will be transfered to our company cashier, and we will confirm your payment before shipment can take place.

You can reach us at +447024010891

Hope to hear from you immediately.

Thanks

I had already tried to reach them/Andrea at the number listed in the web site - two days of attempts yielded a busy signal after over 100 attempts. I then informed them of my inability to reach them by phone and asked for an additional number at which I could reach them. She then provided the number listed above which has proven useless as well!

The reason for Western Union payment prior to shipment or escrow is quite simple - Western Union is a cash transaction without any means to seek recourse in the event the bike is never shipped/received by the buyer. Both Paypal and Credit cards allow for the purchaser to refute the charge in the event there is a 'problem' credit card purchases can be disputed thereby allowing the buyer to get the money back... More importantly the credit card company's involvement means investigations and legal efforts to seek a recourse and charges for fraud by the police and credit card companies are almost guaranteed... this is a prime reason for Bikeshack Ltd's refusal to accept other standard payment methods AND the reason buyers cannot appear at the "store" to purchase and take delivery of a the bike... Hmmmm...

If the deal/offer is "too good to be believed" then it usually is no good or not real! I believe one can reasonably conclude the fact the company refuses to accept any other payment methods AND refuses to allow customer pickup of the bike serves to cement the fact this is a SCAM!

Another thought... A $55 charge for a 48hr delivery from the UK to the anywhere in the USA via FedEx International is not even possible if you call FedEx!!! Not unless they own FedEx!

Dont buy from Bikeshack Ltd of the UK!

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 18:08 Quote
Bikeshacksonline.com (Bikeshack Limited) is a scam!

I placed an order with my Visa for a Dahon MU P8 folding bike -- $390.00 -- from bikeshacksonline.com. There was no shipping fee added on. The price seemed too good to be true, since it's selling everywhere else for at least $629. After placing my order, a message popped up that I should receive a confirmation email/receipt, but I never did, and my credit card was not billed. So I emailed bikeshackltd@yahoo.com, and said I wanted to CANCEL my order, and they would not cancel it, but this is the reply email I got back (see below.)

This site is definitely a scam if they are refusing to accept credit cards, and are only accepting Western Union money transfer. You can dispute a credit card charge later if something goes wrong, but there is no way to dispute a money transfer. Once you transfer money via Western Union, it's gone, and there's no one to complain to. Western Union does not reimburse.

I called my Visa account and told them to refuse to pay if bikeshacksonline.com tries to charge me for the order I placed and then cancelled.

Dear Valued Customer

We thank you for your recent Order Number: Order 2010-08-1056 (New ahon MU P8 folding bike) placed with us.

Yes all orders above 200usd qualified for 48hrs free shipment via Fedex International, so your shipping charge is 0USD, okay?

We are glad to inform you that your order for 1 New ahon MU P8 folding bike in medium size has been packed and its now ready for shipment to the address supplied to us at your purchase form page,

But your order has not been shipped out of store yet, because we are unable to charge your credit card, due to little problems we are currently facing with our credit card processor for now, the Credit/Debit card details provided for this order HAS NOT YET BEEN CHARGED.

Due to this problem we are facing with our credit card processor, we currently accept payments via Online Money Transfer (Western Union) for all orders.

We need to hear from you immediately, so that we can provide you with our Company Cashier's Western Union Payment informations and direct you about payment to enable us go ahead with the shipment of your order to your door step today immediately your payment is received.

We really await to hear from you ASAP.

Best Regards

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014519
Mobile Version of Website