Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Classic Rock Appreciation Thread
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 16:43 Quote
Thought this thread might need a bamp.

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 at 20:49 Quote

And I suppose I'll post up a Van Halen track since I got tickets for their Edmonton show in May. Can't wait for that. Should be a gooder.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 19:16 Quote
What section are you in?

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 20:30 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
What section are you in?
Section 207 and row 28.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 20:37 Quote
Dang. I'm in section 212, row 21. Maybe we'll bump paths though.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 20:44 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Dang. I'm in section 212, row 21. Maybe we'll bump paths though.
Yeah, for sure. I'm so stoked to see Eddie and David play again. Van Hagar sucks.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 20:57 Quote
I wouldn't say they suck. They're just...different, and not the original line up. I definitely prefer the albums with Diamond Dave though. It's too bad Michael Anthony isn't on this tour though. At least as far as I know. They have Wolfgang(Eddies son) playing bass instead.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 21:07 Quote
Never liked Sammy Hagar, never will. His vocals aren't right for the band in my opinion. They also got kind of soft after Roth left.

I'm alright with Michael Anthony not being there. It'll be cool to see Eddie and his son side by side.

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 at 10:21 Quote
Buzz buzz, it's a wonderful feeling to be upside down and now waltz on the ceiling.

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
I saw Van Halen on Saturday night and it was phenomenal. You can't even come close to realizing how talented Eddie is until you see him playing in person. It's like he isn't even human. Dave, Alex and Wolfgang all nailed it too. 'Twas a great show. If you can catch a stop on their tour, do it!

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 20:34 Quote
They didn't play Jamies Crying OR You're No Good. They DID play Mean Street though haha.

After seeing Van Halen play, I really want to get a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo!

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 21:17 Quote
I found one on the street, in the garbage. A flying V with a Floyd Rose bridge. I don't like it that much, I guess I'm more of a rhythm guy anyway, but I wasn't a fan of how wavery it sounded trying to play sustained notes. Ohwell, maybe I didn't have it set up right.

You want a guitar? Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040276
Mobile Version of Website