RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 3:25 Quote
I don't have the same fork but in all my forks both psi and spring rates are way off.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 4:06 Quote
Yeah, I usually find the chart is over cautious. Theyre more a guideline from which to start your tuning, setting sag the correct way is still better

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 18:51 Quote
Hello i recently purchased a 2011 Lyrik R for dirt cheap. My current bike runs a 150mm for and i would like to keep it that way. I have rebuilt many forks and done travel adjustments as well. I know the lyrik R solo air utilizes a 10mm all travel spacer to drop it to 160mm. I have a few travel spacers and would like to drop it to 150mm has anyone done this? are there any problems you can foresee happening?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 20:22 Quote
If its a solo air, I can't see why you can't do it.
I have done lyrik rc2dh solo air to 150mm with no problems at all. I am sure lyrik R will do just fine too.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 4:44 Quote
Ran into a problem. The travel spacer is suppose to go between the base plate and negative piston. In my fork these pieces are one. I can place the spacers between the negative piston and top out bumper hopefully this works out.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:37 Quote
So I don't know if it's real issue or not, but when I spin the HSC dial on my lyrik r2c2dh, I swear it spins the black top cap as well, only issue is im on holiday and don't have tools with me. Does anyone else's HSC nob spin something black underneath?

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 12:42 Quote
Do we have any news about a 2015 Lyrik with the charger damper? The Pike maximum travel is 160mm and the new Boxxer with the charger is 200mm so there is a gap between them. And since there will be a new Fox 36 fork that would go up to 180mm it would be stupid for RS not to offer an updated Lyrik.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
Fox 36 has been at 180 for a while now. But im interested myself, black stanchions too. It would make sense now they have the pike

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 3:29 Quote
For me it would be just strange if they leave Lyrik as it is. Don't get me wrong, it is a great fork but it would be just strange to have the charger in Pike & Boxxer but not in Lyrik.

What I am thinking (or at least wishing) is that they may introduce a new Lyrik that could be a combination of the existing Lyrik and the discontinued Totem with the charger damper in order to compete with the updated Fox 36.

Anyway we will have to wait and see.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 23:38 Quote
Has anyone here fitted the 2011 Lyrik rc2l to a Ns Bikes Clash or a similar hardtail? How does it work? I'm planning to get a second hand Lyrik rc2l to replace my current OEM spec X-fusion Slant, because the Slant has 160mm of travel now, but my riding style would benefit from the adjustable travel of Lyrik. I would be interested to hear opinions from the Lyrik, I'm going to use it to ride anything from street to dirt jumps to all mountain riding. Has anyone ridden both the Lyrik and Slant? How to they compare to each other?

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
JPO1512 wrote:
Has anyone here fitted the 2011 Lyrik rc2l to a Ns Bikes Clash or a similar hardtail? How does it work? I'm planning to get a second hand Lyrik rc2l to replace my current OEM spec X-fusion Slant, because the Slant has 160mm of travel now, but my riding style would benefit from the adjustable travel of Lyrik. I would be interested to hear opinions from the Lyrik, I'm going to use it to ride anything from street to dirt jumps to all mountain riding. Has anyone ridden both the Lyrik and Slant? How to they compare to each other?

used to have my lyrik on a slope bike, now it's on a mini dh rig. works amazingly, easy to service and rides well.

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
Hopefully this jives with the mods, but I will be selling my 2011 (with 2013 dual position air spring) RC2L lyrik. The problem is, there are some scratches at the top of right stanchion. It has never given me a leak or a single issue. I have wet sanded down so they are completely smooth, and I have been meticulous about servicing it. It will be hard to sell on the Buy/sell because of this, so if anyone is looking for an excellent parts fork, or a perfectly good working fork, send me a PM.

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 8:55 Quote
How bad are the scratches? If they arent bad and you wet sanded them appropriately, there should be little impact on how they sell.

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
How bad are the scratches? If they arent bad and you wet sanded them appropriately, there should be little impact on how they sell.

They aren't terrible, sanded smooth and at the tip top of the stanchion, so they actually see very little seal interference. But yea, they won't be that easy to sell, but we will see.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017973
Mobile Version of Website