RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 14:36 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
david-louis wrote:
2015 spare parts catalogue.
180 solo air and dual position springs available but require new lowers with bushings in different position to ensure overlap with stanchions.

I think the 180 is OEM on a Gt or Trek but clearly you can make up your own...

yeah the 180 also came on a Scott big mountain bike a couple of years ago. I cant remember which model it was.

Genius LT.

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 18:22 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
david-louis wrote:
2015 spare parts catalogue.
180 solo air and dual position springs available but require new lowers with bushings in different position to ensure overlap with stanchions.

I think the 180 is OEM on a Gt or Trek but clearly you can make up your own...

yeah the 180 also came on a Scott big mountain bike a couple of years ago. I cant remember which model it was.

ah yes thats the one Smile
Genius LT.

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 17:16 Quote
I've got a question for you guys.

I'm stuck between keeping my Lyrik as a uturn or switching it over to the 160mm coil on a Chromag Stylus. I am not a fan of air, as coil feels much better to me plus the simplicity of a coil system is always very attractive. Also I have a mission control damper that I'm about to do the modification on with removing the flood gate.

So which do you all prefer for overall ride quality? Or would it make sense to keep it as an adjustable fork? I'm going to take this bike all over the country with me so it'll see plenty of mountains and plenty of flat land.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 17:29 Quote
hi all, ive got a 2010 rc2c dh lyrik 170mm and i was wondering if anyone here has done the avalanche cartridge upgrade to their lyrik

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
Opinions wrote:
I've got a question for you guys.

I'm stuck between keeping my Lyrik as a uturn or switching it over to the 160mm coil on a Chromag Stylus. I am not a fan of air, as coil feels much better to me plus the simplicity of a coil system is always very attractive. Also I have a mission control damper that I'm about to do the modification on with removing the flood gate.

So which do you all prefer for overall ride quality? Or would it make sense to keep it as an adjustable fork? I'm going to take this bike all over the country with me so it'll see plenty of mountains and plenty of flat land.

do the floodgate mod. i did mine and it feels killer. see how you like it then. The adjustability might be nice to have on the road with so many conditions?

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 3:48 Quote
I've got a question for you guys. I've got a 2012 Totem dual position air (180-150) and I want to drop it to 150-120.

Is it possible to do this by adding spacers to the air side in a similar way to solo air?

I've found a thread about lowering a pike DPA and it says you need to cut the spring shaft or buy a shorter one (which obviously is not possible with the totem).

Thanks

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 4:10 Quote
for you guys that used to have lyriks... what have you replaced them with? I dunno whether to get another lyrik in 26" or take advantage of needing a new fork to get a pike/350cr in 650b.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 4:16 Quote
riish wrote:
for you guys that used to have lyriks... what have you replaced them with? I dunno whether to get another lyrik in 26" or take advantage of needing a new fork to get a pike/350cr in 650b.

Disregard lyriks, acquire pikes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
They're not too flexy? the lyrik died due to crown flex leading to a decent creak.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 4:22 Quote
Idk man, I just buy whatever has the most bling factor. That said I weigh nearly 300lb and haven't experienced any "flexing" on the pikes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
you're on the wrong side of the world for imperial weights...?

I'm 80kg kitted up so if you're fine I'll be right. Ideally I'd get a 36 but they're too expensive

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 5:04 Quote
I would not waste my money on a 26" wheel fork now. Get a 650b fork, they cost the same, and you can run 26 or 650b. Buying a 26" fork now is throwing money away. You'll never be able to sell it, hence why I'm asking about lowering my Totem. I don't want it anymore but I can't get a decent price for it because no one wants 26" now thanks to Pinkbike.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
This is a valid point for sure but there will always be a demand for 26 parts since there are people who can't afford a new bike but they can easily afford a 2nd hand fork.

Also it depends on what are your future plans about your current bike. If you plan to keep it then you could get a 26 fork that is designed to work best with your frame since for example the 27.5 fork with the same travel will have a different a2c that could slightly change the geometry of your bike. It is not a deal breaker but you should consider it.

Also another thing to consider is for you to get a 2nd hand 26 fork for a bargain price.

Personally I have a 170 Lyrik in my Reign SX and a 160 Pike in my Surge. Both 26 and both great forks.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
... but there will always be a demand for 26 parts since there are people who can't afford a new bike ...
There are also people who won't bother upgrading to 27.5.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021857
Mobile Version of Website