RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 2:36 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
hmmm

it's got new thinking too, suddenly RS makes a futureproofed long travel fork again.

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 6:26 Quote
The crown stops more than an inch above the tire, as it hits the bottom out bumpers before it can hit the last ~15mm of stanchion. I'm definitely going to be running my friend's 650b front wheel for dry days! And even if it gets muddy out, I'd have a mud shedding arch lol

My only concern is wheel and tire flex in corners.. Last thing I want is one of those meaty side knobs getting hooked onto the arch sides

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 7:25 Quote
riish wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
hmmm

it's got new thinking too, suddenly RS makes a futureproofed long travel fork again.

It is making me think about 650 on my surge when I can get up enough for a new wheel-set...probably have to pull the dropouts back a little bit but should work....hmmmmmm

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 19:07 Quote
theminsta wrote:
The crown stops more than an inch above the tire, as it hits the bottom out bumpers before it can hit the last ~15mm of stanchion. I'm definitely going to be running my friend's 650b front wheel for dry days! And even if it gets muddy out, I'd have a mud shedding arch lol

My only concern is wheel and tire flex in corners.. Last thing I want is one of those meaty side knobs getting hooked onto the arch sides

yeah, that's true, it would shoot you OTB pretty quick it if caught. I wonder if a smaller rim/tyre would be better, a 2.4 maxxis is smaller/lower profile than a MM.

hope you didn't mind me sharing your post!

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
hey ya'll I'm sure this has been addressed but I couldn't find it...picked up a used lyrik solo air 170 and after a couple of rides it has developed a click on rebound if pushed into deep travel any ideas to look for before I tear it apart?

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 20:24 Quote
could possibly be the rebound piston head on the rebound rod, best bet would just be to tear it apart and recheck everything. Can pick up a rebuild kit pretty cheap on amazon.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 20:27 Quote
riish wrote:
could possibly be the rebound piston head on the rebound rod, best bet would just be to tear it apart and recheck everything. Can pick up a rebuild kit pretty cheap on amazon.

good call, cheers

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 21:43 Quote
riish wrote:

Noooo problem at all Smile

also I can't believe you'd compare Maxxis to MM Pirate

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
Are you able to lower a 2012 Totem Dual Position Air? With either keeping the dual position so it can be adjusted from 100-120 or just setting it at 100?

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 10:50 Quote
downhillonaharo wrote:
Are you able to lower a 2012 Totem Dual Position Air? With either keeping the dual position so it can be adjusted 100-120 or just setting it at 100?
don't tell me your turning one into a DJ fork........

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
No reason not to, I really like my totem on my demo 7 and the extra pound compared to a dj1 is worth having the fork I want.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
downhillonaharo wrote:
No reason not to, I really like my totem on my demo 7 and the extra pound compared to a dj1 is worth having the fork I want.

lower yes...keep adjust...hmmm not surez. i know a few people who have dumped them for DJ and slope style. beefy aint gone break it Wink

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 11:56 Quote
How would you lower them with the dual position?

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 17:44 Quote
theminsta wrote:
riish wrote:

Noooo problem at all Smile

also I can't believe you'd compare Maxxis to MM Pirate

haha I've run DHF/DHR2's for the last 4 years, they're dirt cheap ($25-40 for supertackys) and work great. No reeal incentive to switch Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009143
Mobile Version of Website