RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
I have an '07 lyrik 2-step air 160mm fork, and my question is does anyone know a way to keep oil from getting down into my neg air chamber? the only time I dont ever get oil shooting out of valve when I pump it up is when i've taken apart and replaced all oil, i then pump it up and can get pump off with out a few cc's oozing out, then the next time i have to put air in (couple weeks) I try to take pump off and I lose like 3cc's of oil all over pump and of course there is air behind it so its just a matter of time before my brakes get one of these showers?

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 7:44 Quote
Have you ever gotten the fork serviced? New o-rings will do wonders

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Have you ever gotten the fork serviced? New o-rings will do wonders

Yes I have all new seals and orings

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 18:25 Quote
Has anyone ever tried to change the available travel range on a dual position air fork? By that I mean, for example, changing a Totem DPA from 180/150 to 160/130?

I would guess one would need to have a machine shop shorten both the inner and outer air shafts by the exact same amount. I am interested because I have a Totem and want to get some more life out of it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 0:42 Quote
hi

have a first gen lyrik solo air
the ones thats dificult to make it 170 because of the strange saft, no travel spacer*.
a frien of mine as a 2012 dual air modified to 150/180 (in theory) cartridge to sell
is it possible to instal on my oldy version?
if yes should change the oil amount or keep the standart quantities.
dont pretend to use on 180 but on 170 max.

[P=[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/machuqueiro/media/060110_150720_PEEL_EgSC4X.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab251/machuqueiro/060110_150720_PEEL_EgSC4X.jpg[/IMG][/URL] size=m align=c][/P]

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab251/machuqueiro/060110_150720_PEEL_EgSC4X.jpg

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
Have 2010 Lyrik rc2dh with Code brakes and 8 inch rotors. After putting on the 8 inch rotor I have been experiencing fork shudder under hard braking. Almost like flicking a ruler on a table and it vibrating back and forth, that's what the lowers look like under hard braking. When I lower the fork travel with uturn, its like shortening the ruler, the vibration is less intense because the fork is stiffer.

I've checked the whole system over and again, all tight, maxle tight, bearings good, newly rebuilt fork with new seals. No stanchion wear from worn out bushings, No loss of space between stanchion and fork crown brake engaged push test. Forks feel stiff and there is no movement from applying pressure on any side.

Seems like the Lyrik is too flexy for 8 inch rotor with code. Has anyone else had this issue?

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 20:27 Quote
I'd suspect a brake fault, expired pads or a loose headset

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 20:38 Quote
Did any of the different types of Totem come with post mount? Or were they IS?

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 21:36 Quote
jaame wrote:
I'd suspect a brake fault, expired pads or a loose headset

this would be my guess as well. perhaps even rotor contamination? something is causing a slip grab situation...

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 21:37 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

mine have been post

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 22:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

mine have been post

Same here, and it only accepts 203 mm+

Anyone know if you can somehow machine it down precisely without the park brake mount facing tool?.I'm thinking of running 180/160 rotors.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 22:24 Quote
millpill wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

mine have been post

Same here, and it only accepts 203 mm+

Anyone know if you can somehow machine it down precisely without the park brake mount facing tool?.I'm thinking of running 180/160 rotors.

ooof that would be tuff,,, have to be pretty precise...

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 23:41 Quote
alxtomlinson wrote:
Have 2010 Lyrik rc2dh with Code brakes and 8 inch rotors. After putting on the 8 inch rotor I have been experiencing fork shudder under hard braking. Almost like flicking a ruler on a table and it vibrating back and forth, that's what the lowers look like under hard braking. When I lower the fork travel with uturn, its like shortening the ruler, the vibration is less intense because the fork is stiffer.

I've checked the whole system over and again, all tight, maxle tight, bearings good, newly rebuilt fork with new seals. No stanchion wear from worn out bushings, No loss of space between stanchion and fork crown brake engaged push test. Forks feel stiff and there is no movement from applying pressure on any side.

Seems like the Lyrik is too flexy for 8 inch rotor with code. Has anyone else had this issue?

both my lyriks have been fine with 8 inch rotots and saint brakes. You might just have a poorly bedded in brake, try cleaning rotors and pads then rebed

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 2:01 Quote
I wouldn't cut the posts down personally. There could be clearance issues. If you are dead get on smaller discs, you could run a 160-140 reducer. I believe they are available. That would take your 203 down to 180. Since you are the only one I've ever heard of having this problem, I think it's more likely to be a fault with the brakes' mechanical function rather than the disc being too large

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 14:24 Quote
riish wrote:
alxtomlinson wrote:

both my lyriks have been fine with 8 inch rotots and saint brakes. You might just have a poorly bedded in brake, try cleaning rotors and pads then rebed

The head set is tight, the disk is new and the pads i think are old. Pads are the only thing I didnt check.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010905
Mobile Version of Website