RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 21:27 Quote
I'm not buying anything new until it all settles down in 3-5 years. Too many changes all happening at once. Look at rear hubs now. About 8 different spacings. Rims and tyres, five types. Front hubs, four sizes? Steerer tubes, three. It goes on and on. It's ridiculous. I would spend a lot more over the course of a year if everything would fit all my bikes. Smaller frequent spends are much easier to hide from the wife than one big spend of the same value. "Why do you need another bike? You've already got three that you never use!"

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 22:13 Quote
Hello

I have a Totem RC2 DH - Dual Position Air 180mm.

Is a "RockShox 2007-2013 Totem Spring Internals Left Solo Air 180" (11.4018.010.085) enough to convert it to solo air? Is it as easy as simply removing the old DPA spring and installing this one?

thanks

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 22:36 Quote
I suggest you Google rockshox totem exploded diagram. There is a diagram showing the three internals next to each other. You can use it to see exactly which parts to order. I was lookinI last week to do the exact same change as you and I recall you need four or five parts. Air top cap, spring shaft, foot plate and something else. I think the circlip will be the same.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 2:16 Quote
My question is probably a straight up Yes or No, I have an '07 Lyrik 160mm 35mm stanchions. One of the new pike's have the same measurements. Here is my question, will the internals of the pike fit into my Lyrik lowers and uppers? I could see top caps fitting but the lowers might be different with the hole alignment or sizing.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
ZachBoschen wrote:
My question is probably a straight up Yes or No, I have an '07 Lyrik 160mm 35mm stanchions. One of the new pike's have the same measurements. Here is my question, will the internals of the pike fit into my Lyrik lowers and uppers? I could see top caps fitting but the lowers might be different with the hole alignment or sizing.

I asked a local lbs that question...apparently you can fit them but would have to lower to 140....

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:

I asked a local lbs that question...apparently you can fit them but would have to lower to 140....

ok how would I go about doing that?

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 9:22 Quote
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:

i never got that far as i didnt fancy lowering, but i imagine buying new internals, pull apart and replace...but it would be a bit of an experiment...

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

i never got that far as i didnt fancy lowering, but i imagine buying new internals, pull apart and replace...but it would be a bit of an experiment...

Yea if they both are 160mm why lower?

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 10:11 Quote
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:

from what i understand it has to do with the spot that the shaft connects... assembly sits higher within the uppers...but i didnt get that far.. for the price of air side and pike damper assemblies .i just bought a mattoc instead....doh!

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

from what i understand it has to do with the spot that the shaft connects... assembly sits higher within the uppers...but i didnt get that far.. for the price of air side and pike damper assemblies .i just bought a mattoc instead....doh!

I really want the new Pike or Lyrik but cant "fork" over that kind of money right now but if i can get the best of both for cheaper that sounds better to me

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:

I really want the new Pike or Lyrik but cant "fork" over that kind of money right now but if i can get the best of both for cheaper that sounds better to me

you can get a mattoc for 550$ and let me just say its a good deal....

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

New to the show here guys......but would love to hear a real world review on the Mattoc. Seems like a great fork.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
astorms wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ZachBoschen wrote:

New to the show here guys......but would love to hear a real world review on the Mattoc. Seems like a great fork.

i have a few rides on it so far...fast flowy single, step technical and fast chunder. real even support. good adjustable climb support firms up from mild to almost locked. have hit a couple jumps about 3 foot drop to bike and a half length out with no noticable bottom out harshness. no massive hits yet but so far it is very noticable in the tuning with dials....but i tend to set a nice mid range and leave it...one of the best forks i had had.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
Those 34mm stanchions tho..

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
novajustin wrote:
Those 34mm stanchions tho..

1 mm shy of a lyrik...i dont think it will be an issue and i am a 200lb rider who tends to lay heavy on things and have not noticed bogus flexing yet. i will be running it on a steel hardtail at 160 mm travel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017303
Mobile Version of Website