RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
I just called SRAM and the part number 11.4015.095.000 Blue-Firm does not exist anymore, so they will need to get your fork serial number for options. they said they dont have any spring assy to fit my fork so I guess i'm not switching to coil now, grrrrr

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 13:54 Quote
riish wrote:

would it help anyone/would you be interested if i made a bit of a detailed post about what I've done to my lyrik?

yes please

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 7:23 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
riish wrote:

would it help anyone/would you be interested if i made a bit of a detailed post about what I've done to my lyrik?

yes please

seconded

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 8:52 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
machuqueiro wrote:
riish wrote:

yes please

seconded

tomorrow, I'll get onto it

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 12:54 Quote
hi guys
need help
at moment im converting a old 07 think solo air to u-turn
have received all parts and...
the shaft of the spring is way thinner than the top out assembley!
does in u-turn mode turns into open bath?
I thought the top out assembly would separate the lower leg oil from the top of the fork

sorry my ingrish

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
hi guys
need help
I thought the top out assembly would separate the lower leg oil from the top of the fork

sorry my ingrish

no that's correct. the spring shaft isn't as thick as the top out cap assembly.

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
riish wrote:
machuqueiro wrote:
hi guys
need help

sorry my ingrish

no that's correct. the spring shaft isn't as thick as the top out cap assembly.

now hi was confused hi thought the the out assembly should have and oring inside to separate the lower chamber from the top one with the spring

tanks Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
in this case the leg with the spring turns into open bath
put the 15ml of 15w oil from below or from the top is the same correct?

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 18:22 Quote
yeah, put 40ml of oil into that side from top or bottom, doesn't matter which. preference is into the bottom though.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 20:17 Quote
So I went to go change the oil in my Lyrik Mission control Rc2DH damper, and after reassembling it, putting oil in the lowers, and reinstalling the lowers, it seemes as if the dampner wasn't even working.

So I unscrewed the damper only to find very little oil in there, and then pulled the lowers off only to find that all the damper oil had flowed into the lowers and mixed somehow?

So there must be something very obvious I f*cked up on, but my question is what?

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 21:15 Quote
Hey that just happened to me last week. According to the bike shop it's one of the small o rings in the rebound shaft. Haven't gotten around to rebuilding it yet, but it makes sense to me.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 5:40 Quote
Hey guys!

So my question is, that i should change my oil and dust seals -and anything else which comes with the service kit- in my 2009 Totem Solo Air, because it's leaking a little bit, but i can't find a proper service kit in the european webshops.

I have found a service kit for a 2012 Totem Solo Air: http://cdn.hibike.com/image/product/EFG/EFG_RsS_00.4315.032.130-il.jpg

And there is just a seal kit for 2007-2010 Totems:
http://cdn.hibike.com/image/product/EFG/EFG_RsD-dichtungskit_40mm_totem_-il.jpg

These are from hibike.de

I haven't found anything that there is a difference between the seals in different years and it seems in the pictures that the seals are very look alike, but i am not 100% sure unfortunately. I know that the inside is a little bit different between the before and after 2010 versions, it means the seals too? I would buy the service kit, because it comes with orings etc. if it would fit.

Any help? Thanks!

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 16:27 Quote
baliizuu wrote:
Hey guys!

So my question is, that i should change my oil and dust seals -and anything else which comes with the service kit- in my 2009 Totem Solo Air, because it's leaking a little bit, but i can't find a proper service kit in the european webshops.

I have found a service kit for a 2012 Totem Solo Air: http://cdn.hibike.com/image/product/EFG/EFG_RsS_00.4315.032.130-il.jpg

And there is just a seal kit for 2007-2010 Totems:
http://cdn.hibike.com/image/product/EFG/EFG_RsD-dichtungskit_40mm_totem_-il.jpg

These are from hibike.de

I haven't found anything that there is a difference between the seals in different years and it seems in the pictures that the seals are very look alike, but i am not 100% sure unfortunately. I know that the inside is a little bit different between the before and after 2010 versions, it means the seals too? I would buy the service kit, because it comes with orings etc. if it would fit.

Any help? Thanks!

The dust/oil seals should be the same as previous and newer year's. Not sure about the interal o-rings.

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 16:34 Quote
So I have my Lyrik RC2 DH Dual position air pulled apart due to the dual position air spring not extending fully.

Lately it has stopped extending at about 15mm before full extension, in both the long travel and reduced travel mode.

I replaced all o-rings and re greased it but it still seems to have that 15 mm of dead travel, making it bottom out faster and being extreamly harsh over small bumps.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Dual Position Air spring?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013896
Mobile Version of Website