Racism - Just... Why?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Racism - Just... Why?
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 10:01 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
Did they identify themselves as UKIP voters and if so how do you know they were the 'typical UKIP voter' and not a minority.

Just like to point out that I'm not UKIP voter, don't want it to like I'm being biased or whatever.

I wouldn't trust them to run the country although I might take second look at them for the next round EU elections.

they did. the conversation went on a bit longer than the highlights Ive mentioned here. as a member of Antifa and one other anti racist organisation I have encountered countless faces and versions of racism and this particular brand is most prevelant among, though not exclusive to, the membership of UKIP.

if you do decide to vote for them just be aware that there is a lot more to them then just euroscepticism and that, by giving them your vote on that policy you will be giving them support on ALL policies.

Precisely why they didn't get vote in the general election, I liked some of the stuff but there were far too many things that were either unfeasable or stupid.

I'd look into them for the EU elections as
A. they won't be running the country
B. I don't like the way the EU operates and I'd like it to be challenged.

I'll have another look at UKIP's policies later onSalute .

I'd like to say thanks for being reasonable, I've encountered people that dislike UKIP before and when mentioning I'd looked at them I get stomped on as if I might be a racist as well.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
Im not about to call somebody a racist because theyre attracted to the politics of UKIP, that would just be stupid and would make me sound like some snotty student. At the risk of sounding patronising, i reckon a large chunk of UKIP supporters really have no idea what the party is really all about and just believe theyre an anti european party. they know nothing about the candidate Gary Cockrill, who recently called for equal rights legislation to be abolished because it outlawed discrimination against homosexuals.

have a read of this. it shows UKIP for what they really are. far from just focussing on the negative aspects of thier manifesto, this is what they actually believe and have stated as policy.

http://corbett.pir2.info/assets/docs/briefing/theres-something-about-ukip.pdf

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
Yeah. I dunno, they sound like a goodish idea that got soured by idiots.

I'm in agreement with reducing immigration levels (here in Canada we're in a recession too but the immigration level is beating the job creation level kind of thing) and with processing refugees through some kind of facility, like recently Vancouver got hit with a boat full of 500 Tamils and there's strong reasons to suspect many of them are Tiger's (ie. the people who invented suicide bombing) or part of a human smuggling ring, even Tamils who live here right now are saying we should've stopped the boat out of our territory.

The problem is that the ones with stuff to hide have this tendency to run off into their community and then they "disappear" and don't show up at their hearing. That's not good.

That said I have no time for any racism, whether it's from whites or other ethnicities. It's just stupid and counterproductive. Like who cares? We're all related anyways.

I still think our culture is totally worth maintaining though, it's like this guy from Sudan said to me today "always remember your roots but learn as much as you can."

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 2:48 Quote
a pedantic note to the above post.

a refugee is somebody who has been granted leave to stay in the country. they are not asylum seekers, asylum seekers are still waiting a decision.

dont confuse immigration with asylum. Immigration is absolutely neccessary. without it there would be huge skills gaps in the workforce* and your universities wouldnt survive as they rely on foriegn students taking up expensive technical or language courses and then, frequently, staying in the country to work.

asylum seekers are people fleeing a country for a variety of reasons, and are very different in actual and legal status to immigrants.

a culture is always worth maintaining and celebrating. its only when that becomes inverted and exclusionary that it becomes a problem. its one thing to say 'this is my country and I love it' its quite another to say 'this is my country and mine alone. love it or leave it', the battle cry of the racist. they would deny other cultures the right to celebrate thier own heritage and instead force everybody to conform to thier homogenised version.

how many times have you heard this: 'they come here and carry on as though they were still in ooga booga land. they should follow our customs or else go back where they came from'

so, this means that unless you dress, eat, act and live in accordance with a very narrow definition of 'culture' you dont belong here. and thats the real problem with racists. they see the world only in terms of thier own experience and absolutely refuse to even acknowledge the right of another culture to exist outwith its own borders.

* example of a skills gap. if canada decided, for instance, to embark a new and radical farming development, say one that had already been tested and found to be successful in eastern europe, inviting those already familiar with it would be the sensible thing to do, otherwise you would have to train a workforce from scratch and without the neccessary expertise. much more sensible to bring in an already experienced workforce and set them the task of not only carrying out the work requred, but training the new indigenous workforce.

Posted: Aug 23, 2010 at 15:13 Quote
there is a reason for people looking down upon other cultures.

example;

People say racists are steriotyping black people for being criminals and stinking, when it has some truth to it. There is more crime in black communities than there is in white communities. everyone knows that. But, racists hate the whole color black, not just the black people causing problems. Sure, i would look down on the people from the hood dealing drugs and selling there bodys. You see alot more black people dealig drugs than you do white people, its just facts. I dont get why people would hate a black doctor or a lawyer. They arent the black people that cause problems. I can understand how people hate the "gangsters" from the hod though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 2:37 Quote
everybody knows that eh?

can you provide some evidence that more black people are criminals and that they stink?

"everybody knows" is not evidence and exactly the sort of thing the racists say to back up thier claims. we've all seen the movies and all that, we know homies from the hoods are all gangstas and the girls are all ho's. you dont need proof, everybody knows its true.

would you also look down on white people, not from the hood, who are drug dealers and prostitutes? i know several drug dealers who are white and middle class. are they somehow better than the black ones? is it ok to hate them too, or is it just the black ones?

you say its just facts that you see more black people dealing drugs than whites. where did you get this fact and can you provide a link to it?

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:
If there is one thing that really, really grinds on me, its racism.
I simply can't stand it.
If I hear it, I go off on one and rant about it.

The BNP, UKIP, KKK and other racist groups/parties/sects - Your views on it all?

If you are racist, or have "negative views on other cultures" try and back up your point why. Also, before (if you do post) the argument - "Blacks commit most crime!" Look up the statistics first.

Still, I can see this potentially becomming quite a blood-bath of a thread, so keep all the racism to a minimum unless you have some seriously powerful points to back up why you think that way.
Racism exists for the same reason that we see little groups at schools, work and even among artists. Those that belong to that particular group are in, others are out. It takes a deeper rationality to accept those with noticeable differences than racists generally allow.

Racism is very easy for some to fall into, especially if they've not been fortunate enough to have a range of positive experiences in dealing with their target of spite.

There is also political racism, which is a construct of someones desired goals being advanced by spreading hatred and disinformation. One group that has suffered from political racism is whites being saddled with the guilt of the KKK, when it was never a racist organization, but rather a political one. Of the approximately 4,800 documented lynchings attributed to the KKK, about 1,300 of the victims were white. Every victim of the KKK's lynching spree were, however, Republicans, and as such, blacks were an easy target since it used to be a foregone conclusion that if one was black, they were a Republican. One of the better kept secrets of today's race opportunists.

Another bit of information they aren't particularly happy for people to know is that Martin Luther King was 100% for equal treatment of all based on their humanity and not on their color. He too was a Republican, and every time that the modern racists denigrate black Republicans, they spit on Martin Luther King as well.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
as much as no one likes to admit it,there is a reason behind it. 1/3 black males in USA are in jail or rehab. is that coincedence? no.

like when you go to a big city, there are neighborhoods you try to avoid. are they white neighborhoods? NO.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
as much as no one likes to admit it,there is a reason behind it. 1/3 black males in USA are in jail or rehab. is that coincidence? no.

like when you go to a big city, there are neighborhoods you try to avoid. are they white neighborhoods? NO.
I believe that the black communities are being killed by the ideas spewed by the likes of Jackson, Farrakhan and others who make their living off of racism. The black communities used to do just as well in school before they started drinking from the poisoned well of reparations and affirmative action.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
well, you think of the worst neighborhoods in america. ones that come to mind are compton, queens, stuff like that. you would have to try to find a white guy in those neighborhoods.

and its not racism's fault for black people stealing and doing drugs. they have that choice themselves. everyone has a weekness, theirs is being black.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:47 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
well, you think of the worst neighborhoods in america. ones that come to mind are compton, queens, stuff like that. you would have to try to find a white guy in those neighborhoods.

and its not racism's fault for black people stealing and doing drugs. they have that choice themselves. everyone has a weakness, theirs is being black.
I haven't been to those places but I understand what you're saying.

You're right in stating that it's not racisms fault for the high crime rates in black neighbourhoods if you accept that racism is something only whites are capable of. I contend however, that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and many others of their ilk are the most visible and detestable types of racists to have cursed this world, because they create racism where none exists, and condemn their own to the lifestyles you've described. They don't care one bit about how well other blacks do, just so long as they can accumulate money, fame and power with their rhetoric.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 18:45 Quote
coca-ine wrote:

Queens and Compton are not neighborhoods.

Queens is a burrough that has many different neighborhoods within it. It is predominantly white with a few black neighborhoods.

New York's Black Population
Queens 458,289 20.1%
Source

Compton is a city that just so happens to be close to Los Angeles.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 18:53 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
as much as no one likes to admit it,there is a reason behind it.

There is a reason, its called ignorance. You can look at as 1/3 of all blacks are criminals or in rehab but that still says that the majority of blacks are neither. Its all in how you look at it and what you choose to believe.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 17:10 Quote
This thread is NOT a good idea...people have differant opinions/views on stuff...live with it and move on.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
This thread is NOT a good idea...people have differant opinions/views on stuff...live with it and move on.

This thread is perfectly fine as nobody is flaming or being too stupid.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018000
Mobile Version of Website