Racism - Just... Why?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Racism - Just... Why?
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 17:26 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
This thread is NOT a good idea...people have differant opinions/views on stuff...live with it and move on.

This thread is perfectly fine as nobody is flaming or being too stupid.

you know what I mean though.

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 18:07 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
This thread is NOT a good idea...people have differant opinions/views on stuff...live with it and move on.

This thread is perfectly fine as nobody is flaming or being too stupid.

you know what I mean though.
I agree with both Cowieuk and you at the same time. Unfortunately threads like this get started and unless some of us try to insert some rationality into the discourse it will be filled with nothing but negativity.

Racism - Just say no.

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 at 3:23 Quote
devulge96 wrote:

The only way people will ever be able to understand the world around them is by taking the time to see it through someone else's eyes.

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 at 5:47 Quote
so because we have different opinions we should just pretend we dont hear other peoples?

should we allow people to make racist statements without challenging them because thats thier right or something? hey, why bother having a discussion at all if you dont agree with the other persons point of view?

some people are racist, no getting away from that, but a lot of the time that racism is born out of ignorance and fear or even laziness.

"blacks and asians are bad, i saw it on tv or somebody I know had a bad experience and Im scared to go near them now"

why would you be scared to go near them? it didnt happen to you.

" i read someplace that the majority of crime is committed by black males. thats enough for me"

why not investigate and challenge the source of that information? engage the person who makes these claims and find out if they have another agenda. dont just swallow information without checking its source first.

the best and only way to educate is through dialogues like this. I find it absurd that anybody could ascribe and attribute characteristics to another person based on the colour of thier skin, but others are happy, even keen, to do that very thing. why,I dont know, but unless I ask then I never will.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 13:29 Quote
Close-minded, ignorant, uneducated. Probably the three most widely used words when describing someone who for whatever reason is less tolerant to certain groups of people, that was expected.

I'll start by saying that I do agree that there are some close-minded, ignorant, and uneducated people out there who hate other races for just about no legitimate reason. But there are people out there who have more than enough personal reasons as to why they feel a certain way about some groups of people.

Personally, I was raised to treat others as I would like to be treated. Racism and intolerance was completely unnaceptable in my home, and I was proud to come from such a loving and caring family who treated people of different colour often better than Whites because my family was aware of how hard it can be to immigrate to a foreign country. I lived in Mississauga, Ontario for 18 years. For those of you who don't know, Mississauga is a huge city just west of Toronto. Within the past 20 or so years, the flood gate on immigration was completely removed and people from the Middle East, Asia, and Africa swarmed to the GTA(Greater Toronto Area). This was great for the economy, but things changed. My safe neighborhood that I grew up in became a ghetto where leaving your home on foot after dark wasn't the best idea. Black kids made little gangs, they sold drugs and robbed kids walking home at night. Guns and weapons were not rare here. The brown kids started there own little groups and gangs doing basically the same thing as the Blacks with an added sprinkle of terrorism. I went to highschool with convicted terrorists, just search Mississauga terrorism or something in google. A group of 20-28 yr. old muslims purchased a large amount of fertilizer and had began to plot various targets around the GTA. As soon as I entered middle school, I began to see that the fairy tale idea of living in peace with these people was fading. I was treated like shit because I was white. I was bullied because I was white. Nothing too bad but I began to fear the coloured kids. Highschool came around and that's when things really changed. It was more seperated. The coloured kids were rude to everyone, and they had no respect for anything. This wasn't their country so they were fine with exploiting it and the people in it. All my friends were getting jumped and robbed multiple times and there was nothing we could do because they would roam in packs of 10-20 at night, preying on weak White kids in small numbers. This combined with all the other shit, most of it I don't even remember was what opened my eyes to see some of these people for animals they really are. I was pissed off that we so graciously opened our borders and arms to these people only so they could exploit our country and disrespect our people. It only got worse when I was robbed walking home from the East Side Mario's I worked at at 11pm monday night on a street I was familiar with. I was jumped by two coloured guys a bit older and bigger than me. One Black, one Brown. Although I was not hurt because they were decent enough to not hit me in the face, my iPod, cell phone, and brass knuckles were stolen. Yeah, I was prepared, too bad I didn't do anything about it. I pulled my knife on the first guy who ran up behind me and hit me in the back of the head but I thought that maybe I could out run them, so I put the knife away and booked it. I was terrified and too scared to stab anyone that night. A mistake I promised myself I would never make again because self respect is too important to let someone take from you. That whole scenario just fed the hate that I already had for these people. I have not been robbed since then and God help anyone who tries to do anything to me or my loved ones, I'm not the scared, scrawny boy I used to be. Regardless, I was out of highschool shortly after and working full time in kitchens. The highschool bullshit was over, but the racism from these people continued, just in different situations and environments. Just before I turned 19 I moved back to BC and although I still see it, it's not so bad here in Port Coquitlam.

I am 20 now and my views and beliefs towards these issues remain very near and dear to my heart. I have never been more proud to be White and have never felt so confident in who I am and what I believe. The experiences I had back east changed my life for better and worse and I will always look at coloured people differently, but I still treat them like human beings and I always give everyone their equal God given chance. My experiences taught me to always be on guard and prepared for anything. Still to this day I never leave my home un-armed. Unnecessary? Probably, but never hurts to be prepared. It also taught me to stand up for myself. I've been going to the gym 4 days a week for about 6 months now and trained occasionaly before that. I've never been so strong and I can lift weight I never imagined, something I probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't for those experiences, so atleast it taught me to live a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.

Anyways, It's probably time to wrap up this novel. I guess my point is that im an example of someone who went through such a huge mindset change. Im not sitting here saying that all coloured people are bad, not even close. I've still had coloured friends and coloured co-workers who I enjoyed working with. Regular people just like me who want to make an honest living. But I think White people should be proud of who they are, not put down for having White Pride. I think think Whites need to open their eyes because the white race is going to be extinct shortly. We need to watch out for the race card and make sure that everyone is treated equally, and that most definately includes us.

So before you all go judging people for their beliefs, please don't be ingnorant and take a second and think about why that individual might think that way. People generally have reasons to back up their beleifs, that's probably why I took the time to write this.

Thank you.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
the white race is going to be extinct soon? thats exactly the same garbage the White Power neo nazis come out with. Oh, you call it white pride but why not just come out and say what you really mean and dont try to hide behind this crap about the extinction of the white race.

its unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with a particular racial group, but dont try to use that as an excuse for your racism, and you are a racist. you talk about ghettos and immigrants flooding your area, forming gangs and selling drugs as though it was inevitable and none of that ever existed before they came. your neighbourhood had gangs and drug dealers already. you have admitted that you walked the streets armed with a knife and brass knuckles like some common thug but are somehow better than the others because of the colour of your skin.

then you have the nerve to say that you treat everybody equally but not blacks because you have to be on your guard around them. you are full of crap and dont even realise when youre contradicting yourself.

so, to summarise, you are nothing but a stupid white power racist who doesnt have the balls to admit it.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
the white race is going to be extinct soon? thats exactly the same garbage the White Power neo nazis come out with. Oh, you call it white pride but why not just come out and say what you really mean and dont try to hide behind this crap about the extinction of the white race.

its unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with a particular racial group, but dont try to use that as an excuse for your racism, and you are a racist. you talk about ghettos and immigrants flooding your area, forming gangs and selling drugs as though it was inevitable and none of that ever existed before they came. your neighbourhood had gangs and drug dealers already. you have admitted that you walked the streets armed with a knife and brass knuckles like some common thug but are somehow better than the others because of the colour of your skin.

then you have the nerve to say that you treat everybody equally but not blacks because you have to be on your guard around them. you are full of crap and dont even realise when youre contradicting yourself.

so, to summarise, you are nothing but a stupid white power racist who doesnt have the balls to admit it.

1. White people don't pro-create like they used to, were not going to last, it's just that simple.
2. I'm not looking for an excuse, but it provides some reasoning.
3. I am a proud White Nationalist, thank you for noticing.
4. Yes there have always been gangs and drug dealers, but the area I grew up in saw a huge increase in these certain activities. I'm sorry, did you grow up there as well? Where abouts did you live, maybe I knew you?
5. I carry weapons as self defense, I don't use them to rob and intimidate kids, or anyone for that matter.
6. Where did I say I treat blacks differenty? Buy yourself some glasses or learn to read properly, son.
7. You've been creeping around the internet for years now telling everyone how wrong they are. Is it working for you yet? Im pretty sure we've had this discussion before. Do you even have a job?
8. I'm not a White supremacist, but I am definately a White Nationalist, there's a slight difference, come and get me.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
And before everyone flips out on me because I have different views, just remember that it's simply an opinion and I am trying to shed some light on why some people think the way they do. If you want to talk about it or tell me you don't agree, go for it, I'm a pretty reasonable guy and I do understand my beliefs may seem twisted to most people. Just don't do what this xcrisx kid always does and try to call me out on things he has no idea about, because sitting behind your computer screen and running your mouth is the last thing the internet needs.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 2:01 Quote
xcrisx wrote:

Evidently you didn't read his post to understand his perspective - you only read his post in order to pick your points of attack. You are the bigot here and you don't have the clarity of perception to see that.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 4:53 Quote
xcrisx wrote:

I don't see where he said that he was better than anyone. He also said that he has learned to always be on guard, you filled in the "around blacks" part yourself.

If you want to actually take the time and read up on the GTA and their gang problem in the last decade, you would easily see that they are a huge problem and that they are largely populated and operated by immigrants. Sure there may have been drugs dealers and stuff before but now they're murdering and having gun fights in public places. Something that never used to happen.

Basically you took your dislike for racists and filled in the blanks to demonize him for believing something different.

I don't agree with his beliefs but I'd say that they're logical. If he were a stupid white power racist, he wouldn't be treating anyone of colour with respect.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
Thank you for the logical responses. These guys don't agree with my views but atleast there respectful about it and understand where I'm coming from.

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 at 3:23 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
Thank you for the logical responses. These guys don't agree with my views but atleast there respectful about it and understand where I'm coming from.
just to let you know, your not the only one here, theres absolutly nothing wrong with white pride and nationalism and i am a supporter of both, thumbs up to you for having the balls too tell the truth unlike many others, and for standing up against some of the ignorant left wingers out there! Salute

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 at 4:22 Quote
johnrichy wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:
just to let you know, your not the only one here, theres absolutly nothing wrong with white pride and nationalism and i am a supporter of both, thumbs up to you for having the balls too tell the truth unlike many others, and for standing up against some of the ignorant left wingers out there! Salute

Sir, there's ignorance on both sides of the political spectrum. Don't for one second assume its just the Left that has such ignorance in it.

Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
Some people seem to think foreigners/blacks/whatever are genetically more likely to commit crime or something. It's generally because, traditionally, they have been poor. Poor people end up living together in the same areas (inner cities) and they get into a cycle of poverty which leads to crime and an aggressive mentality. If you gave a black person the same upbringing and environment as a middle class white person they would be the same.

The problem isn't the people, it's society.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 21:35 Quote
I agree with ^.
Many times there are problems with a country's own systems which make life hard on immigrants. Many of these problems are not the immigrant's fault, but since they are the only ones put in the scenario they are given the dirty eye. Of course it may be true that some gangsters are immigrants. It may be true that some of these gangsters are evil.
But these people have problems which have not been addressed simply because of the way the country is being run.

Right hand parties want everything privatized. If the poor immigrant cannot afford anything for lack of job, and cannot pay for education to get a job to pay for a daughter's son's education, the family is going to end up resolving to crime.

Mississagua's problems could be solved if the area got a better policing force. The problems could also be solved through a public education system which educated people on the grounds of social justice and allowed them to make educated decisions.
eg, Authoritarian vs. Consensus. If the dictator knew what he was doing then decisions would be made quickly. Money would be saved on the courts. Without a senate or house of commons we would save a lot of money and time. (time=money) Consensus would bring great peace but it would take a way longer time and an incredible amount of money to sustain meetings and communication between participants. Snap decision making would become impossible.

In conclusion. Racism exists because we are not educated properly. (Education through Science disproved the once popular belief that black people were not people.)

p.s. And the school systems should be given more support from the governments.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023517
Mobile Version of Website