Bedding in Hope Mono M4?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bedding in Hope Mono M4?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 4:23 Quote
Hello

Is there a way to bed them in properly. shall I just go down a big ass hill and apply brakes on a tad? Or shall i just ride normal and use the brake alot?
The brake I have is with braided hose and 183mm floating rotor. Rear.

Thanks

james

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 4:29 Quote
just brake slowly and pull the brake on more and more until you stop, an average hill will do. Best thing to do is ride 20 miles on a good selection of terrain and don't pull 'em hard just be gentle till you've bedded them in.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 4:41 Quote
do what "theoutpost" says cos i was in morzine and did not bed my brakes in i then knocked my self out for 10mins and got really bad concusion half way down a run. IDIOT!

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 5:59 Quote
O.k will do. Is there that much difference once bedded in?

Thanks again

james

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 6:12 Quote
You will notice they will 'grab' when pulled firmly, you will defo notice the difference.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 6:30 Quote
Ok Thankyou very much for your help.Beer

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 7:37 Quote
One more question.

I have noticed that the pads don't retract fully. it retract's about 1mm on both sides enough for the disc to spin freely without rubbing. The spring doesn't spring out enough to barely touch pads.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 8:17 Quote
James116 wrote:
One more question.

I have noticed that the pads don't retract fully. it retract's about 1mm on both sides enough for the disc to spin freely without rubbing. The spring doesn't spring out enough to barely touch pads.

Why don't you read the user manual that came with your brake? This will give you all the answers to the questions you have asked as they are pretty common and simple.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 8:38 Quote
The bike is custom built. And the instructions I got with brake is a single sheet A4 that does not answer my questions.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 8:41 Quote
James116 wrote:
The bike is custom built. And the instructions I got with brake is a single sheet A4 that does not answer my questions.

That is a pretty lousy excuse. Hope you don't use those types of excuses at school with your homework not being done on time.http://www.hopetech.com/database/2004_instructions_small.PDF

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
That is for the old brake the one's I have are 2007. I do not know if there are any difference. I have looked on that pdf link and has not gave me a solution. I will not ask again about my problem here I shall ask a bike shop if that is the responce I am going to get here. I have looked on the internet but did not find what I was looking for.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:32 Quote
wow take it easy! are you shore it was not on the hope web site

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:35 Quote
are they the silver and black ones or the black and gold ones

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 9:40 Quote
is it that the pads are touching on their own or are the pistons pushing them in?

if its just the pads then remove them and bend the spring clip out and re-insert.

if its the pistons then it coud be a fluid problem, try removing the reservoir cap (keeping lever level) and push pistons back gently with a screwdriver, then replace cap.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009620
Mobile Version of Website