What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it
Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
Just popped a TST2 Damper with Rebound, that I had lying around, into my Frankenfork. I swapped out the bottom out assembly in the side with no other internals. It no longer feels like a pogo stick!

The damper came out of a 160mm travel fork, but surprisingly it still worked in my 130mm fork. All I did was add some oil and it was good to go.

upgraded Frankenfork

upgraded Frankenfork

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
debonis wrote:
Just popped a TST2 Damper with Rebound, that I had lying around, into my Frankenfork. I swapped out the bottom out assembly in the side with no other internals. It no longer feels like a pogo stick!

The damper came out of a 160mm travel fork, but surprisingly it still worked in my 130mm fork. All I did was add some oil and it was good to go.

upgraded Frankenfork

upgraded Frankenfork

front tire backward!!

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 1:19 Quote
debonis wrote:

upgraded Frankenfork

upgraded Frankenfork
yup one good thing about marzocchi is that u can almost build your perfect fork from loads of different models Big Grin

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
debonis wrote:

upgraded Frankenfork

upgraded Frankenfork
yup one good thing about marzocchi is that u can almost build your perfect fork from loads of different models Big Grin

Yeap, and the 20mm axle is from a set of Dual crown Drop Offs..haha.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 21:30 Quote
So since this is the "rate your zocchi" forum ill do that. I have had my 2015 55 Slope CR for a few months now. My initial impressions is that it is a Slope/DJ fork. If you want a street fork you need to change the shim stack, run more than the max recomended air pressure, and possible change the oil to a 15 or 20 wt. Now for the intended purpose I love the fork. Its stiff as hell, torsional and I love that it has a 20mm axle. Its a great fork and I recommend it to anyone wanting a solid simple fork. 9.8/10
So much nicer with no orange. And this is what it would look like lowered to 80mm.
One more of the Decade with the Marzocchi 55 Slope CR.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 21:49 Quote
I've got a 2010 55 Micro TI, and aside from some slight top out that I cannot seem to figure out, it is a great fork! as small bump compliant as most coil forks. Tracks better than anything else I have ever owned
Stanton Slackline 853

But if anyone has any insight into the top out... I cannot figure it out. Oil levels are fine, I tried heavier weight oil. I can get rid of it by turning up the rebound damping.... but then it's too slow for my liking.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
snip

But if anyone has any insight into the top out... I cannot figure it out. Oil levels are fine, I tried heavier weight oil. I can get rid of it by turning up the rebound damping.... but then it's too slow for my liking.

That sounds normal. I run my forks with the rebound in the slow position and don't have the top out noise.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 1:20 Quote
I am running 888 eve's on my 2011 V10. Best forks ever. Super smooth and handle amazingly over small bumps. Only bad thing is that over time air builds up at the top, making it impossible to bottom out. Unfortunately, i can't figure out how to fix this. But apart from that, its amazing. 10/10

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 1:31 Quote
pjeeta wrote:
I am running 888 eve's on my 2011 V10. Best forks ever. Super smooth and handle amazingly over small bumps. Only bad thing is that over time air builds up at the top, making it impossible to bottom out. Unfortunately, i can't figure out how to fix this. But apart from that, its amazing. 10/10
Sounds like you need a full rebuild. Air should not escape the "spring" chamber.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 1:55 Quote
BSal wrote:
pjeeta wrote:
Sounds like you need a full rebuild. Air should not escape the "spring" chamber.

I don't think it escapes, it just to much gets in there or not enough gets out so i can't use the top, say, 20mm of travel.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 2:09 Quote
What I'm saying is somehow its getting out of its respective chamber. Or maybe I don't know how a 200mm DH fork works and Im generalizing it with a 120mm slope fork or a 100mm DJ fork. But I would like to know.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 2:12 Quote
pjeeta wrote:
BSal wrote:
pjeeta wrote:

I don't think it escapes, it just to much gets in there or not enough gets out so i can't use the top, say, 20mm of travel.

Sounds mad but try storing your bike upside down for 24 hours before a long days ride. Helps relube everything and gives them a bit more life. As with all Marzocchi forks, if you leave them standing too long they get a bit rough but after a few cycles they smooth right on up again!

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
I'm riding with 350 r personally I love them and they work brilliant for the trail/bike park I do. They're nice and stiff and have very plush small bump sensitivity

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 9:43 Quote
BSal wrote:
What I'm saying is somehow its getting out of its respective chamber. Or maybe I don't know how a 200mm DH fork works and Im generalizing it with a 120mm slope fork or a 100mm DJ fork. But I would like to know.
i had same issue with 05 888rcs and all i did was undo top caps and compress fork until springs started sliding out, then put top caps back on and all is fine. pretty common on 200mm+ forks for air to build up

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
Yes it's normal that air pressure builds up in the fork legs over time. And yes, it's just to undo the spring caps and release the trapped air. Some high end fork have "air release buttons". I think it's more common in MX.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.061446
Mobile Version of Website