Sunday Funday?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Sunday Funday?
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 14:55 Quote
The low-end ones do suck though

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 5:21 Quote
Yeah that's true man, Low end bikes really do have heavy shitty parts. The thing that annoys me about them is they are heavy, chunky yet some how remarkably fragile????

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
isitreallysunday wrote:
Yeah that's true man, Low end bikes really do have heavy shitty parts. The thing that annoys me about them is they are heavy, chunky yet some how remarkably fragile????
It's all in the grade and type of steel they use. Does anyone care to enlighten me about how "sanko chromoly" is different than regular chromoly? thanks

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 13:15 Quote
Sanko is just a company from japan that makes 4130 tubing. Thats all pretty much, saying its sanko means its quality hard metal. i believe it to, my fly isn't sanko and dents much easier then sanko tubing. while my older wtp was sanko and put zero dents in it.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 13:19 Quote
niagarast wrote:
Sanko is just a company from japan that makes 4130 tubing. Thats all pretty much, saying its sanko means its quality hard metal. i believe it to, my fly isn't sanko and dents much easier then sanko tubing. while my older wtp was sanko and put zero dents in it.
Oh cool. That's good to know. Thanks. I guess using non sanko just keeps the price down.

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 15:32 Quote
Yeah man thanks for the info on the metal there.

I have heard of alot of people denting frames.... How much people actually snap their frames due to denting causing weaknes??

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
none that i can think of, dents are purely cosmetic. just like a dent in a car.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 2:05 Quote
niagarast wrote:
depends on how big and where the dent is, if its big enough and it is in a high stress area it will cause a crack and you frame will break, this only usually happens with crappier hi tensile steel frames thou.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 7:01 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
niagarast wrote:
depends on how big and where the dent is, if its big enough and it is in a high stress area it will cause a crack and you frame will break, this only usually happens with crappier hi tensile steel frames thou.
you can bend and warp frames with stress from dents, thats in full chromoly frames, a full steel frame would me alot stronger than a sanko chromoly one, chromoly is just an alloy of steel and lighter weaker metals, a frame that would crack and bend really easy from a dent would be a cheap alluminum frame

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 at 20:02 Quote
You can dent your downtube enough to cause a crack in the headtube. seen it done.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 22:49 Quote
If you are considering getting a we the people envy you might aswell buy a sunday aaron ross/gary young signature model complete since the envy and sunday signature are almost the same price. The sunday signature model is just like $50 cheaper than the envy. And heres my sunday Razz

Ask for specs Big Grin

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 3:52 Quote
I have the Sunday Aaron Ross Sig already. Thanks though, and nice sunday!

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 12:15 Quote
my bmx tell me what you think Smile

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 13:12 Quote
millward123 wrote:
my bmx tell me what you think Smile

FYP

My opinion... looks pretty snazzy, gonna get a lot of attention. But I prefer a little mellower scheme, but whatever floats your boat Salute

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 13:22 Quote
i killed my funday. snapped and started to fold.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.021279
Mobile Version of Website