Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates
Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
We passed 2 or 3 kids on unicycles riding Dilemma a while back. I was impressed.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 21:52 Quote
rubbertoe wrote:
We passed 2 or 3 kids on unicycles riding Dilemma a while back. I was impressed.

I've seen them a few times too. Their dad shuttles them up.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
some of you interested in racing some NW cup ?

dates and infos here : http://nwcup.com/

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 Quote
Those are the Sprangers, believe it or not the oldest one can climb a bit of the trails as well.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
There will be a trail day on vedder tomorrow (Sunday) or 9 30 meet at the mountain bike parking lot and bring any tools if you have them.

Posted: Feb 9, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
MXer125 wrote:
I know this thread is about trail conditions, but I was curious to hear about peoples experiences riding a 29er Hardtail at Vedder, is it fun? Are the trails a little too aggressive? Hoping someone can help me out before I make my decision. The bike I am looking at has 100mm's of travel and a slack HA. Cheers!

I ride my 26 HT up on Vedder tonnes! Lots of fun on any bike.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 11:36 Quote
There will be another trail day on Vedder's new multi-use trail, meet at the mountain-bike parking lot at 9:30 this Saturday (February 15th) bring any tools if you have them. Make sure to guilt trip all your friends into giving back a little trail karma and hopefully we can get a large turnout and make some good progress on the trail.

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 14:27 Quote
STOLEN

Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks while I was on vacation, Thieves were able to cut one of the locks on my 2010 Banshee Legend MKII (Team Colors). And after failing to cut through the New York Chain they decided to just rip the entire rack out of the wall in the secured bike storage. Because of this the chain was never broken so I cant use the theft warranty of it to pay for the insurance.

Please share this. My bike is really easy to spot as I built it custom down to the smallest details such as gold pulleys on the derailleur.

This is an older picture of my bike, All that has changed is that the fork is a 2012 so gold stanchions, a white seat, different gold pedals and red grips.

The chain lock is potentially still stuck on the frame as it is HUGE so I am afraid they will start parting it out.

Most notably look out for.

2012 white fox 40 with an extremely short steerer tube, it wont fit most bikes even with a zero stack headset. around 5 inches. as well it has a risse racing flat top crown, The only one I have ever seen
Please share

Red Crankbrothers Opium wheels with parts of the rear hub shaved away to make room for the pins from the cassette.

And a saint derailleur with gold anodized aluminum jockey wheels.

photo

• 2010 Banshee Legend MKII Frame (Medium) Red and silver team colors
- chunk of missing paint covered up on top tube near headset.
Red accents
• Fox RC4 rear shock. (350 pound steel spring)
• 2012 Fox 40 Front suspension with custom risse racing flat top crown White with gold coated stanchions
• Crankbrothers Opium wheels with schwalbe muddy mary and big betty tires Red
• 2013 Shimano Saint Front and rear brakes
• Shimano saint shifter with custom gold anodized jockey wheels
• RaceFace Atlas cranks with gold pedals (Red)
• RaceFace Atlas handlebars with red grips (Red)
• Sunline Components stem (silver)
• Mrp Chainguide and bashguard (black)
• WTB Valcon pro seat (White and Black)
• RaceFace Ride seatpost

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 10:15 Quote
Annual Veder Mountain clean up

Sunday, April 13, 2014
Meet at 9:30 at the mountain bike parking lot
Dress for the weather
Lunch will be provided
Tell your Friends and family
There will be and optional trail day in the afternoon

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
FVMBA Trailblazer Race Series Trail Day on Vedder

Earn free entry into the Vedder Enduro Race!!!!

When: Sunday April 6, 2014 at 10:00 am
Where:
Mtb parking lot on Parmenter Rd
What to Bring: your friends, trail building tools (write your name on your tools)

If you are looking for ways to give back to the rad mountain bike communities that we shred in we want to offer you an opportunity… come out to one of the three trail building days being offered in each of the race areas and we’ll pay your Trailblazer race entry!

Meeting at 10am at Vedder.

You must email Karla (karlastowards@gmail.com) to let us know you will be coming to help at the build day. We will then send you more information for your build crew/leaders, location of build and what items to bring (please list specific build day you are attending in the email).
Build day are capped at 15 people for each day and building will run from 10am till 3pm
Are you wondering why we are offering this?
Last year all of the proceeds from the TrailBlazer Series went into the trails for supplies and such; a great support for our builders! This year we want to help support them in some of the bigger project that might not happen without extra hands (they say it takes a village to build a trail… I heard that somewhere) so let’s band together to make riding in the Fraser Valley even better.

-Karla

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
Hey guys! Im moving to Chilliwack in July.. road triping acorss Canada from New-Brunswick! Looking for riding buddies for early fall... give me an email at jeremyroyleger@hotmail.com if you would like to meet up and show me Vedder mountain or the surrounding areas. I will pay beer of course...!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 12:18 Quote
There are going to be trail days on vedder Monday Tuesday and Wednesday this week starting at 5 30 at the mountain bike parking lot. We are on the final push to get this new trail finished.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
ChiefBearPaw wrote:
There are going to be trail days on vedder Monday Tuesday and Wednesday this week starting at 5 30 at the mountain bike parking lot. We are on the final push to get this new trail finished.
I'll be there

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 19:26 Quote
There is a trail day tomorrow on vedder at 5 30 meet at the mountain bike parking lot and earn some trail karma

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
Anyone with a spare bike for a trail day and I would follow for the day? Just moved in chilliwack and shopping for a bike atm.. would like to see the chilliwack biking scene... Very loyal guy, nurse at the hospital here, and willing to chip in a good case of beer!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028260
Mobile Version of Website