Post your ride Shiver (SC or DC)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your ride Shiver (SC or DC)
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 2:51 Quote
Highly doubt that.

Unless you use a Motocross fork crown... in which case, it's going to be a lot heavier.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 3:35 Quote
Weight would be an advantage , just throwing ideas around for gravity racing , will only be using a 20" wheel

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 6:10 Quote
^^^SRSLY?

The Marz crowns are plenty stiff, the flex comes from the legs themselves. Weight is only an advantage if you don't have the accelerate, brake or turn.

And a 20" wheel? You won't be able to roll over anything, you'll get caught up on everything.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 7:56 Quote
they all use 20" wheels , its all on sealed roads, well supposed to be

http://www.gravitybike.com/

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 8:44 Quote
Ahhh gotcha, apologies....all my comments don't apply.

You running the same style frame? Are you looking to just get rid of the flex? are you limiting travel? DC or SC version?

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 20:01 Quote
aim is to turn a set of single crowns into a set of double crowns, so will lower the whole bike , the shiver SC and DC models have diff stantion diameters so that why i need to look at other crowns

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 at 7:40 Quote
So basically.. you need to know the OD of the Shiver SC uppers... and find some crowns for a DC fork that will fit.

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 1:37 Quote
photo
My '03 Shivers on my Faith. A perfect match to the rear, the whole bike seems to squat evenly front and rear rather than unevenly. Hell I don't even need to stress about pre-loading before jumps. A bargain at only NZ$300.00!! tup Easily the best fork I have ever ridden. A mate with a pair of Fox 40RC2's even thinks the Shivers are better! Eek

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 6:24 Quote
does any one have a spare lower crown for the dc shivers?
in need of one and running out of places to look

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 2:09 Quote
Supreme Operator with (brand new) 2005 Shiver DC

Kona Supreme Operator 2013
My 13 Kona Supreme Operator custom build with a nod to the oldschool
Shiver DC 2005 New old stock

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 2:26 Quote
danthev8man wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Looked best with the SC Shivers on... Take off those very cross country-looking Fox forks and put the SC's back on!! Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021520
Mobile Version of Website