Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 7:24 Quote
if your 40 is under warranty and built for 26", it might be worth checking this out before trying the larger wheel
http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/showthread.php?12442-Fox-650B-Warning

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 2:11 Quote
Quick question - i have a 2014 summum , wanna change the cranks and bb , must admit i havent even had a look at them properly yet but does anyone know what bb size they are and i assume its a normal screw fit bb rather than a pressed one ??

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 2:43 Quote
Not sure about the 2014 but previous years are 73mm. External type BB. ie screw in.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 3:36 Quote
StueyStuey wrote:
Not sure about the 2014 but previous years are 73mm. External type BB. ie screw in.

cheers dude , i thought it was external , will double check on the size when i get a chance , ideally want some saint or e13 cranks for it

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 9:32 Quote
still 73mm.

I got the new saints from chain reaction for under 200 canadian. can not complain.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
You sure its not the 83mm you require (withe the external cup fitted)? I need to know this too...I have 2013 and actual bb is 73mm but nearer 90mm with the external cup....I need help with this before I order some Saints?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 14:10 Quote
theczech wrote:
You sure its not the 83mm you require (withe the external cup fitted)? I need to know this too...I have 2013 and actual bb is 73mm but nearer 90mm with the external cup....I need help with this before I order some Saints?

Yes it's the measurement with nothing installed. 73mm on mine. Kinda strange for a dh bike with a 150mm rear end. They are normally 83mm

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
I think it's because it's a light bike, so you can use lighter AM cranks. I used an XT crank on mine.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
So what cranks do I get then assuming I m keeping external cup...surely 83? (kinda confused)

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
nah 73mm, probably for weight saving... you can kind of ignore the space the bb cups take up because the length of the crank 'axle' will take the cups into account. Certainly when using the same manufacturer for bb and crankset

I've used deore, xt and saint bb cups with my saint crank and to be honest they have all performed the same (or not noticeably different) and they seem to last about the same time too

it is weird that the summum is 73 though, since my little slopestyle frame is 83 - chainline would normally be a bit tricky 73mm front with 150 rear

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
theczech wrote:

Mine is at 2013 and it is the 68/73mm. That is what Santa got me for xmas.

I was going to get a 2014 and but the clearance price on the 2013 was too good to pass up with the exchange. The guys at singletrack told me the bb is the same. Better chain line.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 23:31 Quote
On the subject of chain lines and things I ve never been able to shift gear into first..or indeed very smoothly at all....had it to my mechanic a few times,tried a few mechs,just stuck a brand new zee shifter and mech on and guy seems to think it may be something to do with the internal cable routing putting a bit of resistance via the kink going through chainstay? We tried a mock external set up but still requires a bit of a bend through shock and it did shift a bit better but still not ideal (so its back through the frame)...still dont go into first very often or at all mostly...just wondered if anyone has experienced a problem here? (dont need first but just want it to run properly|)

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 23:39 Quote
Yeah its defo a 73mm - i'll only go with saints although i must admit the e13's are rather nice

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 0:06 Quote
I will say one thing though , i'm currently running a 9 speed setup and upon reading about the saints they are all stating for 10 speed only - is that gonna be ok

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 2:50 Quote
i don't think you'll have a problem, i use saint crankset with a single speed, 7 spd and 9spd cassette on various different bikes..
no issues

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012955
Mobile Version of Website