Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 3:55 Quote
nordland071285 wrote:
i don't think you'll have a problem, i use saint crankset with a single speed, 7 spd and 9spd cassette on various different bikes..
no issues

Nice one thats good to know - cheers dude

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
that is just shimano being dicks. I have the new cranks with a 9 speed set up. In regards to internal cable issues, I have had none. All I know it was a bitch setting up my brake hose through the frame.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
yep cable routing on my 2010 was such a pain, im really not looking forward to doing it ever again!
i think they've improved that on the newer frames

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 2:35 Quote
Hi there,

Does anyone have a 2013 summum with the onoff 1.5 ZS reduced headset? I was just wondering what bearings I need to get.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
anyone on here have a new 27.5 foxy?

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
Not a 275 but I do have a 26 Foxy XR

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 14:27 Quote
how do you like it? I have a blur lt 2 carbon and it is my 3rd sc. It is nice but it does not go down stuff like my old 4x. After riding my Summum I love how the suspension pedals. Thinking of getting a foxy, 27.5 frame and building it. Looking towards the fall when all the uk dealers start blowing stuff out and I can get a frame for 1500 can or so.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 14:44 Quote
I'm very pleased with mine. The forward geometry works really well. The only thing I would say is its a wheels on the ground type bike. It jumps well but it's not the sort of bike that you'll be popping of stuff all over the place. Cornering is phenomenal though which why I love it so much. I'm not sure there will many frames available at the end of the season. They seem to be building quite a following over here now but if you get the chance then snap one up. I've got a set of 160 pikes & a Push tuned rp23 on mine.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 15:33 Quote
Thanks for that.

If I can I am going to grab one! Do not care if there is no distributor here, Silverfish is a pretty solid group. Same with the store in Scotland I got my Summum from. So 160 instead of the 140 or 150 eh?

dave

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
Dorado and easton havoc 35 cockpit onboard Big Grin
My bike Mondraker Summum 2011 Fox Rc4 Manitou Dorado 2014 Easton Havoc 35 cockpit Hope Renthal Mozartt...

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 18:24 Quote
Sold my Summum 3 weeks ago and hadnt ridden since,bought a Gambler on Thursday and raced it this weekend...smashed loads of folk that have been smashing me all season...just sayin' like.... mine was large and I liked it but sold it as just didnt think it was fast enough(and was periodically getting Buckarood on jumps)...opinions?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 6:31 Quote
theczech wrote:
Sold my Summum 3 weeks ago and hadnt ridden since,bought a Gambler on Thursday and raced it this weekend...smashed loads of folk that have been smashing me all season...just sayin' like.... mine was large and I liked it but sold it as just didnt think it was fast enough(and was periodically getting Buckarood on jumps)...opinions?

Sold mine too. I always pulled my Foxy out the shed when I wanted to go riding. I prefer to pedal up rather than push it just feels like more fun on a trail bike. They are so capable these days that theres very few places that require a DH bike.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 6:57 Quote
theczech wrote:

I sold my summum a few months ago for a carbon Demo. Summum was much more stable and much better on steep stuff, Demo turns better in bermed corners is more fun, just finally got the suspension sorted and starting to get used to it a bit...

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:25 Quote
theczech wrote:

Impressed by the Gambler then? I'm interested in getting one. I love my Summum, but find that I ride my Foxy XR way more, which is an absolute weapon of a bike by the way!

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
I ride my Foxy XR way more, which is an absolute weaponw of a bike by the way![/Quote]

Amen

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013305
Mobile Version of Website