Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
Update on my black Summum. The linkages are here, the graphics are looking sick, the I-Beam seatpost is just waiting for an SDG I-Fly saddle, it's coming together nicely.

Slowly creeping towards completion

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
WOW! Awesome finish!
Put some details here, like linkages etc. Big Grin

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
kalachim wrote:
WOW! Awesome finish!
Put some details here, like linkages etc. Big Grin
Well, they are already here. What do you mean?

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 0:43 Quote
That is just awesome... black forks with no decals on plz. tup

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 0:53 Quote
Black forks with Matt decals

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 2:40 Quote
Yeah, it needs a black one desperately... It's going to get the white Boxxer for now, but hopefully I'll afford to respray it sometime before the 2015 season starts. And then it'll be matt black with glossy decals, like the frame. Alternatively, I'll look into getting a 2015 Boxxer RC and switching dampers (I have an Avalanche cart in mine)

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 12:42 Quote
mondraker summum
My mates old bike

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 13:47 Quote
All built. 38 lbs with standard wheel set, old fox 40s, vivid air ( well easy to set up) and tubes and 2.5 tyres. Got a Mazz TI 380 2015 ordered. Pics to follow. Hope to get to target 36lbs whilst keeping the solid wheelset ( Nuke proof).

First ride last sunday... Real interesting ride.. It pops like a AM bike, not too much time in the rough... But the shock / suspension seems to open out and give a really predictable ride. Really need to do an uplift to get used to it.. So far... Yep it's awesome!

Running stock head angle with 4mm spacer under stem and 4mm of stanchion back into frame.. So quite tight.. I'm guessing 63.5 t0 64.. Very nimble in the tight trees for wharncliffe.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
Update on my black Summum. The linkages are here, the graphics are looking sick, the I-Beam seatpost is just waiting for an SDG I-Fly saddle, it's coming together nicely.

Slowly creeping towards completion

Where did you get the decals from they are perfect, the frame look awesome! I thinking I might respray mine now....

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 16:20 Quote
black looks so sick man Big Grin

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 16:50 Quote
Thanks for all the kind words. The decals are custom made, I just asked a guy who makes bike decals if he would make me a few of these in glossy black finish and he did all the work - made the project and printed it. He charged me 120PLN (30€) for 4 big ones (like the ones you see on the frame), 4 slightly smaller ones and 4 Mondraker logos. I'm sure slikgraphics or other similar websites would be happy to make you a set!

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
I have googled this but can't seem to find what I need. Just taken delivery of a Summum frame and need to put a BB in it. I thought I had read somewhere it's a GXP BB but I am struggling to find out for sure.

Anyone able to confirm and have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
You do not have to have a gpx. I have a regular 68/73 saint in mine. Of course I am running saint cranks too, but if you want xo cranks you need to run their bb.

dave

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 9:41 Quote
Thanks Dave. Got Saint cranks myself so I'll follow your route :-)

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
Just put descendants / GXP on mine... Spacing was tricky... How do you guys space out the BB.. I'm running a G3 mini chain retention device. Cheers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021968
Mobile Version of Website