Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 7:52 Quote
The recommend sag is 40% for the summum, in order to achieve this with a 350 spring, you have to go below the minimum pressure set by Fox. If you're smooth and light like Brosnan you might get away with it. I'm running 125 psi with a 350 spring on my shock.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 16:05 Quote
I got answer from ''Chriott87'' Smile

I hope he doesn't mind posting it here Wink

Chriott87 says:
Well it outperforms the dhx rc4 in all ways I feel.
And it feels bottomless.
Sticks to the ground and I feel like I have more control on jumps etc.
I never found a spring rate that worked for me with the rc4, that's why I moved to air.

I'm going to buy Fox Float X2! If some1 is interested i found it new for 660euro. Smile

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 16:23 Quote
kalachim wrote:

Chriott87 says:
And it feels bottomless.
I never found a spring rate that worked for me with the rc4, that's why I moved to air.

I'm going to buy Fox Float X2! If some1 is interested i found it new for 660euro. Smile

Interesting... where at this price? Jailbreak

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 1:21 Quote
Tftuned has it for 499 pounds, just under 650 eur

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 23:19 Quote
kalachim wrote:

Chriott87 says:
And it feels bottomless.

On mine, i run with a 425 for 72kg. But i switch the main compression piston for my specific with other diagram and other shimstack. The new diagram allows to use thinner shimstack to have better feeling and ground-touch with more damping at midspeed without harshness in square edge. It was impossible withe origin main piston because the holes are too big and you need to have hard shimstack for a good damping. But with hard shimstack you can't have the ground-touch on small bumps. And if you put a light Shimstack you blow out full travel for nothing.
The bottom-out button need to be full open for me. If you closed the button, the pressure ramp up and the pressure on the shimstack ramp up too. And more you go il the travel more you fell harsher on small bumps. For me it's a gadget to have a bottom-out management with this. It's just because you don't dissipate energy before with a real damping.
For now, my friend Rudy Cabirou and Florent Payet from VVracing don't feel a real difference between Rc4 with kit and taylored shimstack Vs X2 on their Summum 2016. The only good thing is the separate low/high speed rebound.

Apologize for language, i try my best and learn days after days Wink

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 6:58 Quote
Sorry for being a bit offtopic, but look what gift i`ve received from my GF. This is a complete copy of my bike though... Note the missing spoke on the rear wheel Big Grin

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 7:21 Quote
novyparts wrote:
kalachim wrote:

Chriott87 says:
And it feels bottomless.

On mine, i run with a 425 for 72kg. But i switch the main compression piston for my specific with other diagram and other shimstack. The new diagram allows to use thinner shimstack to have better feeling and ground-touch with more damping at midspeed without harshness in square edge. It was impossible withe origin main piston because the holes are too big and you need to have hard shimstack for a good damping. But with hard shimstack you can't have the ground-touch on small bumps. And if you put a light Shimstack you blow out full travel for nothing.
The bottom-out button need to be full open for me. If you closed the button, the pressure ramp up and the pressure on the shimstack ramp up too. And more you go il the travel more you fell harsher on small bumps. For me it's a gadget to have a bottom-out management with this. It's just because you don't dissipate energy before with a real damping.
For now, my friend Rudy Cabirou and Florent Payet from VVracing don't feel a real difference between Rc4 with kit and taylored shimstack Vs X2 on their Summum 2016. The only good thing is the separate low/high speed rebound.

But changing shims, calculating, it costs time, money and efford.

You can't get weight savings which air shock gives you.

So it's not so pricey. Smile

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 8:39 Quote
kalachim wrote:
novyparts wrote:
kalachim wrote:

Chriott87 says:
And it feels bottomless.

No problem, it's my job Cool …but don't forget : an air shock can't have a linear spring-rate like a shock with a coil spring. On some bikes, it's a big problem just because you can't do a rebound curve like the effort curve from the air-spring. You need to do some compromise and it's good everywhere but nowhere excellent.
After that, it depends from our level, and it's true a light air-shock is sometimes enough...

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 10:42 Quote
novyparts wrote:
kalachim wrote:
novyparts wrote:

No problem, it's my job Cool …but don't forget : an air shock can't have a linear spring-rate like a shock with a coil spring. On some bikes, it's a big problem just because you can't do a rebound curve like the effort curve from the air-spring. You need to do some compromise and it's good everywhere but nowhere excellent.
After that, it depends from our level, and it's true a light air-shock is sometimes enough...

True, true, but coil shocks also have piggyback chamber with pressure to make them little more progressive. That affects rebound too.

Air shocks can be also set to be very linear for 80% of travel and then it can be very progressive at the end of the stroke just not to bottom out. Smile

Shocks with spring use bumpers instead of that.

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 8:41 Quote
Anyone have a contact for support at the company? I've been trying to get someone to help me for a week now with a broken aluminum linkage bolt, there's got to be a better way to contact someone over there?

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
mclemens44 wrote:
Anyone have a contact for support at the company? I've been trying to get someone to help me for a week now with a broken aluminum linkage bolt, there's got to be a better way to contact someone over there?

where are you located? I live in Canada but do all my stuff through silverfish in the UK. Check out their web site.

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 3:50 Quote
Does someone know the measures of the botom bracket for a 2011 summum ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014044
Mobile Version of Website