Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 15:56 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
I guess I need one of these now.

Buy it now before Mondraker has to find a way to pay for Danny and Laurie's salaries in 2017.

World Champs 2015 Carbon Mondraker Summum.
Laurie Greenland s 2016 Mondraker Summum Pro - Fort William World Cup

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
Sorry, my bad, i meant:
- 355mm for the BB Height
- 1235mm wheelbase

Yesterday i had the opportunity to test the bike and i am pretty amazed how well it does behave with 27.5 wheels.
I have a few pros i`ve found out the following details :

1. It does roll better
2. It does skip roots and holes better, flows over them better and does not lose as much speed as 26
3. It tracks better and somehow i feel more confident riding berms as well
4. The maneuverability has been slightly decreased and it most happen on very slow and tight turns.
5. I think i lost some fun factor with it
Still, as a huge 26 fan, i will keep my 26 wheels when i just get bored and want more fun.

To me, there is a difference between 26 and 27.5, but not so much, so do not expect a marginal change on your riding style and capabilities..
It all depends on the rider`s skills, not wheels/bike.

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
What is the difference in those deg headset? When did it change? The routes?

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
Anyone else had the mondy rear hub fail on them Frown a week ago a lad mentioned how it happened to his mates twice, thought nothing of it and of all the places to break it happens on high speed landing, foot slips, straight off the next take off flying in to a tree! Will not be putting that hub back on. (2015 carbon pro)

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 6:44 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:
Anyone else had the mondy rear hub fail on them Frown a week ago a lad mentioned how it happened to his mates twice, thought nothing of it and of all the places to break it happens on high speed landing, foot slips, straight off the next take off flying in to a tree! Will not be putting that hub back on. (2015 carbon pro)

Not I or anyone else I know with a mondraker has had such an event.
Dt hub or mondraker branded?

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 7:27 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Trail-killer wrote:

Not I or anyone else I know with a mondraker has had such an event.
Dt hub or mondraker branded?

Does anyone know what hubs the Mondy branded ones are?

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
They might be DT 350's. Any of the DT ratchet system has issues where the teeth grind off. I had 240's and did the same thing where they let go and I went flying. Better to get yourself a nice hope, since they are built proof and cheap.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 2:32 Quote
Yea mondy hub. Looks like a new hub earlier than I thought. Only ridden 7days of uplifts used as intended

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 18:55 Quote
Hi guys...random quick one. Anyone have the rear 450mm brake mount lying around they dont want/use? Need to change my dropout but dont have the mount for caliper...

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 14:47 Quote
Hi guys.
I want to buy Summum 2014 frame and I'm curious if there are shock bearings in this frame.
Take a look at this photo, this is that what I'm looking for?

photo

I can't find any good photos of the lower link so do you know if there are bearings?

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
TexonBikes wrote:
Hi guys.
I want to buy Summum 2014 frame and I'm curious if there are shock bearings in this frame.
Take a look at this photo, this is that what I'm looking for?

photo

I can't find any good photos of the lower link so do you know if there are bearings?
Yes there's bearings at both eye's on the shock on my 2015 carbon, should think it's the same

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
Hello,
This is my Blue Rocket for 2017, Mondraker Summum Pro Team 2014.
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
Hi Guys
Does anyone know which tune of newer Vivid R2C is propper for Summum 2014?
photo

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 1:56 Quote
Hello everyone,

I have just got a 2011 Mondraker Summon Pro Team MFT in yellow after snapping my 2012 Scott Voltage fr20

Given all the bearings a change as I had play on linkages, anyways when riding I find my right calf is hitting the rear linkage, the bb I have in is Truvativ Howitzer XR 51mm chainline BB, can I change it out for a 56mm version or are the axles too wide?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 7:51 Quote
Stoked with my new Summum, it's really fast compared with my old Summum 26 (2012)

photo

The suspension is amazing with the Fox 40 and the ccdb coil Jailbreak

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015053
Mobile Version of Website