What your DH bike weight?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What your DH bike weight?
Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
Santa Cruz said the weight diff. between a 2016 V10C and the v10CC is over a pound!
What?
The frames was already 6.97lbs with air and 7.9 with steel coil.
Is Santa Cruz blowing smoke?

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 1:02 Quote
Old video. I now have GT Fury World Cup. But, still...

====================================
2012 GT Fury MTB - Full Carbon Team Edition
====================================

GT Fury Full Carbon Team Frame - Medium (3.9kg)
Marzocchi 888 RC3 EVO v2 Titanium 200mm Forks (2.99kg)
Marzocchi Roco Coil RC World Cup 76mm Shock (815g)

Alex Rims Supra BH Doublewall 6061 H T6 Wheels (610g)
Rock Shox 12x150 MAXLE Quick Release (105g)
Continental Baron DH 2.5 Front Tire (1.2kg)
Continental Kaiser DH 2.5 Rear Tire (1.2kg)

Formula Precision Hubs TA20/TA15 (174g/410g)
Formula RO Hydrolic Brakes 203mm/180mm (360g)

Truvativ Descendant 185 Forged AL7050-T6 CrankArms (822g)
Truvativ Descendant 36t Sproket
e*thirteen Bash Guard (55g)
Loaded AmX Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium Peddles (254g)
KMC X10SL Titanium Chain (241 grams)
SRAM X9 Carbon 10 Speed Derailer (204g)
SRAM X7 10 Speed Trigger Shifter (232g)

Loaded AmX 31" 7075 Butted Aluminum Bars (328g)
Loaded AmX Direct Mount Stem (154g)
Cane CreeK Angleset Headset (132g)
ODI X-TREME Lock-On Grips (130mm)

Loaded X-lite Seatpost with Titanium Hardware (280g)
SDG Formula FX Flex Edge Seat (230g)

Total Weight at Time of Video Approximately (16.14kg)

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 9:52 Quote
35.5lbs thats good, you could drop it to 35 or a little under with the right spring.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 12:33 Quote
Yeah, the shock is a bit heavy with the 450# spring. I could probably swap out the seat and the tires too.
Now that I have the World Cup, I really don't care about the weight of the Carbon Team anymore. LOL

photo

(Love you avatar, by the way)

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 12:40 Quote
Flippin nora. I just weighed my Ali Session 88. Fairly sensible components. Saint brakes, 200mm rotors, ali bars, Schwalbe super gravitys, steel coil springs front and rear. I was expecting something around the 37lb mark. It weighs 34.2lbs. On proper accurate scales too. I couldnt believe it. Had to come post it here cos even I dont believe it. The only really light components are Sixc cranks, a carbon I-beam post and some 480g rims. I am happy. Surprised, and happy.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 13:56 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Flippin nora. I just weighed my Ali Session 88. Fairly sensible components. Saint brakes, 200mm rotors, ali bars, Schwalbe super gravitys, steel coil springs front and rear. I was expecting something around the 37lb mark. It weighs 34.2lbs. On proper accurate scales too. I couldnt believe it. Had to come post it here cos even I dont believe it. The only really light components are Sixc cranks, a carbon I-beam post and some 480g rims. I am happy. Surprised, and happy.
SG tires are cheating.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Jesus that's light, I think mines around 35.5lbs ish with tubeless, SG vertstars, boxxer WC, it Spring, carbon frame albeit no carbon components, damn...

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
just ordered YT Tues cf pro. 33.9lbs Jailbreak

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 16:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
SG tires are cheating.

SG tyres are badass

Sidewalls are just as tough as full dh tyres. Maybe the tread area is slightly more prone to rock punctures but I have hammered some seriously rocky trails with 0 issues. SG's are better for DH than full on heavy carcass dh tyres if you ask me. Its nothing like those guys who get the weight down by running single ply tyres. Thats just asking for trouble.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
oli99 wrote:
Jesus that's light, I think mines around 35.5lbs ish with tubeless, SG vertstars, boxxer WC, it Spring, carbon frame albeit no carbon components, damn...

I know right? I kinda don't get how it weighs so little. My rims are possibly a bit too light. But they are also 35mm wide and aren't dead yet so im gonna run em till they are Razz

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 16:27 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
SG tires are cheating.

SG tyres are badass

Sidewalls are just as tough as full dh tyres. Maybe the tread area is slightly more prone to rock punctures but I have hammered some seriously rocky trails with 0 issues. SG's are better for DH than full on heavy carcass dh tyres if you ask me. Its nothing like those guys who get the weight down by running single ply tyres. Thats just asking for trouble.
SG tires are cool, but you still don't get the support of a DH casing because they're thinner under the tread. You get almost as much tire flex as a thinner tire.

When I had SG magic Mary's on my voltage, they felt the same as mavic Exo tires to me. I flatted about as much as with exos in the rocks too.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 18:16 Quote
mikkeee wrote:

In small with no pedals and on the lightest side of tolerances.

It is an impressive weight but I would like to see a real life weight of say a Large frame which I imagine most riders are after today.

I only say this because I'm bitter about being 6'3 and no XL frame. Razz

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 1:08 Quote
Killrockstar wrote:
mikkeee wrote:

In small with no pedals and on the lightest side of tolerances.

It is an impressive weight but I would like to see a real life weight of say a Large frame which I imagine most riders are after today.

I only say this because I'm bitter about being 6'3 and no XL frame. Razz

i think the guy ordered a large, saying this because he looks pretty tall. that said its never gonna weigh 33.9, as you said with tolerances etc + pedals but it would be interesting to see how much it weighs with SG and tubeless etc...

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 11:42 Quote
Nobble wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
SG tires are cheating.

SG tyres are badass

SG tires are cool, but you still don't get the support of a DH casing because they're thinner under the tread. You get almost as much tire flex as a thinner tire.

When I had SG magic Mary's on my voltage, they felt the same as mavic Exo tires to me. I flatted about as much as with exos in the rocks too.

Interesting, my experience has been quite the opposite. My SG's feel very similar to the Minion DHF's I ran before them in terms of support. They were the full heavy dh version, dont remember if they made a lighter casing for the 2.5. I perhaps run even slightly lower pressures with them than the minions, although my rims have grown progressively wider over the years so that might have more to do with it. I don't really notice too much carcass roll until I drop them to sub 20psi. I tried a muddy mary snakeskin on the front once, (just cos I had it kicking about and my real tyres were worn pretty well smooth) and it felt flimsy as hell even at around 24psi.

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
My scalp :

photo

38.4 lbs / 17.4kg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011501
Mobile Version of Website