How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 21:33 Quote
hey, im 15 ive been riding tfor two years now, and im ctill on the hardtail KHS dj 300 that i started on. i need a new bike badly at this point cause the hardtail and 100mm of marazochi travel i have, just arent taking the abouse well. ive asked if i can get a new bike, but my mom decided that i should save my money for something else. she seems to think that my bike is tha "best bike" but she really has no idea about bikes. my grandpas even willing to pay half, and she still wont let me get one. any one else have a similar problem? any solutions?

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 21:35 Quote
1: blackmail
2: show them videos of accidents when peoples frames have cracked and say "that could be me"
3: blackmail.

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 21:36 Quote
KyleMcFarlane wrote:
hey, im 15 ive been riding tfor two years now, and im ctill on the hardtail KHS dj 300 that i started on. i need a new bike badly at this point cause the hardtail and 100mm of marazochi travel i have, just arent taking the abouse well. ive asked if i can get a new bike, but my mom decided that i should save my money for something else. she seems to think that my bike is tha "best bike" but she really has no idea about bikes. my grandpas even willing to pay half, and she still wont let me get one. any one else have a similar problem? any solutions?
just start upgrading shit, cause she didnt say that wasnt allowed

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 0:44 Quote
KyleMcFarlane wrote:
Your entitled to spend your own money on whatever you want in my opinion.

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 1:38 Quote
go snap the frame

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 2:47 Quote
just buy it. she should shut up:P
and idd let er see chrashes

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 at 7:44 Quote
Do you ride everyday? Does your mom see how important it is to you? Does she pay for the repairs on your bike? If so explain that in the long run a new bike will be less as it will be able to take the abuse that harder riding brings. At least thats what my son said to me. Hes the same age as you and loves to ride and as far as I am concerned it is money well invested. Better to be riding than hanging out at sev getting in trouble.He is starting to compete a bit and the confidence it gives him is well worth it. Let her see you ride. If you read much on this site and others you will see that the best riders have great support from their parents. Good Luck to you and YAY Grampa. (my son rides a Banshee Amp and Specialized sx trail and worth every penny)

Posted: Jan 20, 2011 at 1:29 Quote
show your friends' bike in front of them,and pretend to be sad

Posted: Jan 20, 2011 at 1:39 Quote
It's your money... Just say that's none of her business tup

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 8:15 Quote
hey dude I know how you feel man i'm going through the same thing. I got a 2009 rocky mountain flow 2 and i want to sell it and get ride of it for a single speed. And I got a flatline pro custom built and I need to replace the forks but my mom wont let me but I keep riding to show her what I do and how i need it. So if i were you just keep riding to show them how much you love biking and how you need it.

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 7:45 Quote
yea dude, i had to do the same, all i did was to go off a big jump to flat a couple of times, showed them that my pedal axles were bent, my bb shell was cracked, and my wheels had big flat spots...and then when were were riding around (as a family) i loosened all my spokes, and staged the "perfect" accient...they said " it was about time for you to get a new bike" .....dont be afraid to take a hammer to the frame too.

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 8:02 Quote
Is it you're money?

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 8:06 Quote
speedyturtle52 wrote:
Is it you're money?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i35.tinypic.com/2ecqib6.jpgtup
I would just start upgrading parts like someone up there -^ suggested, i spent alot of money on bikes and now that i can drive i wish i would have saved up for a better car instead.Cry

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 8:08 Quote
DrDropoff wrote:
speedyturtle52 wrote:
Is it you're money?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i35.tinypic.com/2ecqib6.jpgtup

Haha
My bad

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 8:10 Quote
speedyturtle52 wrote:
DrDropoff wrote:
speedyturtle52 wrote:
Is it you're money?
*snip*
tup

Haha
My bad
Lol it's all good, everyone else on this site is grammar nazis i thought i'd try it out for once Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011703
Mobile Version of Website