How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
How to convince my parents to let me get a new bike
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 11:44 Quote
thanks for all the help guys... so i wasnt the only one with this problem.

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 12:00 Quote
not at all man every one at the age of 15 has got to go through this at some point

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 19:15 Quote
Get yourself a job, show you are mature.

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
^^^ right on. im almost 13 and i have to do this

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 19:29 Quote
dhmonkey123 wrote:
^^^ right on. im almost 13 and i have to do this
Best way to do it. Working sucks a big one but money is super nice to have and chances are if you show you are mature your parents will give you tonnnsss more freedom. And freedom is nice to have as well.

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 19:32 Quote
and if you get a really nice bike then your parents will think you are crazy adult (riding mountainbikes really fast and having fun but paying for your own stuff)

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 23:01 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
To the tread mate lol. Sorry
its all good lol.

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 9:07 Quote
dunno whats so hard about paying things without parents. I bought a brand new dirtbike when I was 11 with a paper route. I got up every morning at 5 before school and delivered papers then saved all my money...

I've also bought myself 5 cars so far and every bike i've ever had...

Just get a job, you'll take better care of it if you pay for it anyways.

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 2:47 Quote
ekguy wrote:
dunno whats so hard about paying things without parents. I bought a brand new dirtbike when I was 11 with a paper route. I got up every morning at 5 before school and delivered papers then saved all my money...

I do definatly agree that you take better care of things if you pay for it yourself. BUT I also know how hard it is to get a job sometimes at an early age... When I was 7 I lived in the sticks. 13 miles away to the nearest shops. I couldn't possibly get a paper route or job. Even when it came to the age of driving. I lived too far away to work, but couldn't drive because I didn't have a job to pay for a car. Catch 22. While some guys can get work easy. Some other people can't. I pay for all my own stuff now tho. After eventually spending 11 years in construction. And am now in the army. but yes. You will definatly look after things better after you pay for them!

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 11:57 Quote
We were all that age at one point and many of us have gone through the same shiz...I get now why (Im not an old fart about to turn 26) they were all up in my business what I did with my $, they just didnt want me to make impulse buys and regret it.

Anyways glad to hear ya got the rig u want now go ride ur money's worth out of it! it def feels better when u pay for it it feels like yours. And if u want something bad enough and work for it u will get it.

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 18:21 Quote
ekguy wrote:

its not asking for payment its asking for permission to buy

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 19:28 Quote
its YOUR money they can't tell you what to do with it. thats not how the world works

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 20:16 Quote
dhmonkey123 wrote:
its YOUR money they can't tell you what to do with it. thats not how the world works

yeah who ever heard of parents telling their kids what they can and can't do...

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Ride that frame as hard as you can, like you've never done before. That's what I id to mine until it snapped proving that Ido need better ride.

If that doesn't work, flat drop to concrete, or break out the sledge hammer. Have the head tube snap or something realistic. Pretend to even be hurt from the 'crash', but don't over do it or she'll say the sport is too dangerous.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
ekguy wrote:
dhmonkey123 wrote:

yeah who ever heard of parents telling their kids what they can and can't do...

+1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019866
Mobile Version of Website