All you Orange riders get in here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
All you Orange riders get in here!
Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 2:12 Quote
Orange Crush

Crush after a bath.
36 Talas, Chromag bars, Straitline stem/pedals, Hope X2 brakes, Pro2 Evo/Mavic EX721, Schwalbe HD/NN.
Mish-mash drive.... Zee mech, XT 11-36 cassette, SLX cranks, XTR shifter, SRAM chain, RaceFace NW 32t.
GD post, 2" drop (I also have a 4" inside tube but I think it needs 3" if I can get one), Charge Scoop.
Crank Brothers Directset because of the far too long headtube!!
Loving it!!!!

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 12:31 Quote
Riding a 2012 Five at the moment but been saving for an Alpine...

Que new Alpine Really Mad

Has anyone ridden one/know where I can get a demo, apart from wheel size what's peoples opinions please?

Thanks Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
G71cey wrote:
Riding a 2012 Five at the moment but been saving for an Alpine...

Que new Alpine Really Mad

Has anyone ridden one/know where I can get a demo, apart from wheel size what's peoples opinions please?

Thanks Smile

Had my alpine RS for about 5 months now and love it. Typical high Orange quality and handles anything thrown at it so far. I put some F20 pedals on it as I wasn't impressed with the grip on the standard ones that came with the bike.

Not sure where to get a demo but on the Orange website they do advertise demo days. I know they have brought out the 27.5 wheels for the 2015 model which is out next month but I'm a 26er all day long (call me old fashioned lol)

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
Love my 27.5 five even after 6 months (which for me is good - think il keep it) even better Than my alpine in the gnarr

http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/11140700/

photo

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 14:38 Quote
Had my alpine RS for about 5 months now and love it. Typical high Orange quality and handles anything thrown at it so far. I put some F20 pedals on it as I wasn't impressed with the grip on the standard ones that came with the bike.

Not sure where to get a demo but on the Orange website they do advertise demo days. I know they have brought out the 27.5 wheels for the 2015 model which is out next month but I'm a 26er all day long (call me old fashioned lol)[/Quote]

i'm of the opinion 'if its not broke....' too but with the option being there I was wondering if anyone had any time on one as I know they had a demo one at BPW the other month.

its a daft post really I suppose as its one of those personal opinion things...

Spent some time on a 26" one of my friends & fell in love right away, with plans of traveling next year I wanted too build a bike up over the winter...

Thanks tup

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 8:43 Quote
My newly built up machine. This thing is a beast. The saddle is one I had lying around, it's horrible, so will probably be replacing it with something a little easier on the eyes and arse.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 7:41 Quote
New Orange Crush build

photo

photo
  hardcore!!!!!!!!!!
photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 7:56 Quote
The full fleet, i know one is not an Orange but still love it
photo

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 12:45 Quote
Nice Crush. Here's a quick pic of mine. Just stripped it today, ready to send off to Orange for a re-spray. Not sure what colour yet though. Love the new blue, but also reckon green would look good, to m[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI][L=][/L][PV=]
photo
atch my 5.

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 23:24 Quote
Matt-r8 wrote:
Nice Crush. Here's a quick pic of mine. Just stripped it today, ready to send off to Orange for a re-spray. Not sure what colour yet though. Love the new blue, but also reckon green would look good, to m[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI][L=][/L][PV=]
photo
atch my 5.
The new blue would be a good choice and go with your yellow wheel well.

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
Sterling silver and the new sublime is cool thinking of getting mine done

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
Cleaned up with up to date spec.
Cleaned up with up to date spec.
It's good to see all the Crush's about! I think blue would look good for that one above getting resprayed.

Here's mine, updated since last post, it's the 2011 Crush with a few changes:
Red Raceface NW chainring 34t
XT Chain/Cassette
Red Raceface Turbine bars
Red/grey Lizard Skin Peaty grips
Superstar Red QR seat clamp
Superstar headset
Red Hope QR skewers
203 front disc with 180 rear disc
Shimano M520 SPD pedals

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 6:34 Quote
To follow the Crush theme Wink

photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 7:27 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:

photo

Now that's a smart crush:Cool :

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 8:23 Quote
leey wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:

photo

Now that's a smart crush:Cool :
Thanks buddy Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.225676
Mobile Version of Website