All you Orange riders get in here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
All you Orange riders get in here!
Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
danbillam wrote:
RyanWensley wrote:
Is that a static seatpost? Is this like 1999?

I joke of course, looks sweet, always liked the apple green frames, the red doesn't look bad at all either.

8/10 from me.

Not no more mate!
photo
Looks awesome buddy. Would look sick with some red Hope brakes on it Wink

Also, what for dinner Big Grin

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
Cheers mate, cant wait to get out on it.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
danbillam wrote:
RyanWensley wrote:
Is that a static seatpost? Is this like 1999?

I joke of course, looks sweet, always liked the apple green frames, the red doesn't look bad at all either.

8/10 from me.

Not no more mate!
photo

Ha roast chicken dinner. Was awesome too!
Have hope brakes and floating rotors on the list of upgrades. Do the e4s come in red?

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
danbillam wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:
danbillam wrote:

Not no more mate!
photo

Ha roast chicken dinner. Was awesome too!
Have hope brakes and floating rotors on the list of upgrades. Do the e4s come in red?
Damn, chicken, my fav!
E4s are awesome, brilliant brakes. Stop me rapid and I'm just over 14st!
Have seen pics of them in red, but no where for sale.
I've had some custom anodised in red (X2's, that are now being split off a bike)

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:09 Quote
I'm debating v4s as I'm around 18stone kitted up and the performance benefit would far out weigh the weight difference to me. Will be a few months yet before I can get them so will hopefully be available by then.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:12 Quote
danbillam wrote:
I'm debating v4s as I'm around 18stone kitted up and the performance benefit would far out weigh the weight difference to me. Will be a few months yet before I can get them so will hopefully be available by then.
Yeah V4's might be a good option then. Yeah hopefully they'll be around then. Would look awesome with them on there.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:14 Quote
Brakes and a ccdb coil shock are all thats needed now.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
Hope did a red limited edition set of brakes, apparently only for France (and it's now over, you had to order before the end of December). But you may find some on French websites who stocked up before it was too late ...

As for the weight, if you take a set of V4s with standard hoses, the weight difference is like 10gr a brake over the E4s ... Definitely worth going for the V4s Smile

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:27 Quote
danbillam wrote:
Brakes and a ccdb coil shock are all thats needed now.
A CCDB shock makes such a difference. Once of the best upgrades you can get.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:31 Quote
If you want red hope brakes call them to order. Obviously will be retail but they don't charge anything extra for the colour.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
Eh? They don't custom ano shit for just anyone.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:45 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
If you want red hope brakes call them to order. Obviously will be retail but they don't charge anything extra for the colour.

You can get bits like bore caps, mc caps and bolts to come with a specific colour, but not the caliper and master cylinder body. Otherwise what would be the point of "limited edition" brakes if anyone can order them.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:45 Quote
They have done for many of the customers at the shop I worked at. Purple, blue, red. Maybe it has changed now then.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:47 Quote
Purple is the only full colour they do.

I dont believe you at all, sorry. They only do custom colours for team and factory riders.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
EDIT: Whoops, looks like I was totally wrong, they had coloured levers, screws and bores etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015550
Mobile Version of Website