All you Orange riders get in here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
All you Orange riders get in here!
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
Ordered today the last parts I need for my Alpine 160 650B build wuhuuuu Big Grin Redface

Has anyone a recommendation for a CCDB Air Setup on the 650B frame ?
I've ready to ride about 75kg.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
"Has anyone a recommendation for a CCDB Air Setup on the 650B frame ?
I'm ready to ride about 75kg."

Running a CCDB air on my 26" Alpine, don't think they've change the leverage ratio since.
I'm using the CCDB base tune but with 1 click less LSR and 1 full turn more HSC and the big volume spacer - I think they were WAY off for HSC with the base tune - I was bottoming out all over the place.
Running about 19mm (30%) sag and it feels spot on until I get out of the saddle to do some pedaling! I was previously running around 35% sag, but had problems with bottoming out due to the regressive shock rate.

I weight about 75 kitted up too.

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
Hey all

Recently joined the Orange camp with a 2015 Five 27.5".

I know the topic comes up a lot but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with running a Cane Creek DBinline on an Orange Five. Looking to upgrade the shock (currently running a fox float evolution ctd) but most people seem to be running the Cane Creek DB Air.

Would an inline work for an Orange Five for mainly trail centre type riding with the occasional visit to a bike park? The Air seems to be around £150 more expensive.

Cheers Smile

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 14:01 Quote
manuelbmx wrote:
Hey all

Recently joined the Orange camp with a 2015 Five 27.5".

I know the topic comes up a lot but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with running a Cane Creek DBinline on an Orange Five. Looking to upgrade the shock (currently running a fox float evolution ctd) but most people seem to be running the Cane Creek DB Air.

Would an inline work for an Orange Five for mainly trail centre type riding with the occasional visit to a bike park? The Air seems to be around £150 more expensive.

Cheers Smile

good choice!

also check out the rs monarch rct3 i love mine!

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 13:45 Quote
I'm lloving the ride quality with the ccdb coil on my five. I've added a bit of hsc, hsr and lsc. Pedalling is great as is traction and comfort over rocks etc. But its throwing me about a bit when pedalling sat down over small up and down bumpy tracks.
Am I right in thinking its hsr that affects this?
Cheers

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
ive added half a turn of hsr to try and help with it throwing me about on bumpy singletrack. and waiting for a nice set of red saw rotors to come.
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 11:22 Quote
lol love the beast sticker by the way Smile

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
danbillam wrote:
ive added half a turn of hsr to try and help with it throwing me about on bumpy singletrack. and waiting for a nice set of red saw rotors to come.
photo
Loving the green on the Five, looks awesome dude.

Part of me wishes I'd brought a 2105 Five instead of my Commencal. Still have my trusty old Five (sorry for crap photo)
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
looks just as good as ever...

choo choo
orange five 2012

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
looks just as good as ever...

choo choo
orange five 2012
You sorted out the shock bushes yet? Looks good, the plasma blue looks rad.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:11 Quote
not sure i found the shock bolt loose and tightened that back up and now there is a tiny bit of play but when the suspension bobs there is a lot of squeaking Confused

yeah love the color needs a pike and some orange stickers though Big Grin

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:17 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
not sure i found the shock bolt loose and tightened that back up and now there is a tiny bit of play but when the suspension bobs there is a lot of squeaking Confused

COLOR.... you a yank now?! Razz lol

Probably worth swapping the DU bushes and hardware. Won't cost a massive amount and will sort it out.

Get a Slant, not a Pike, everyone has Pikes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:19 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:

COLOR.... you a yank now?! Razz lol

Probably worth swapping the DU bushes and hardware. Won't cost a massive amount and will sort it out.

Get a 2014 350CR because orange, not a Pike, everyone has Pikes.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
I use the one i feel like using, depends on how i feel Razz

yeah thinking of ordering some off of mojo but they are like £14 an end, surely they're cheaper elsewhere?

not really decided on the fork yet so I'll see Smile ... yeah marzo looks like an ever increasingly good idea Wink

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 12:30 Quote
A 350 would slacken it out slightly a its a 650B fork.

Less than £30 to get the shock working properly...gotta be worth it? Probably could find them cheaper, but would they last as long/same quality?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018239
Mobile Version of Website