New Gen Specialized P.3's

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New Gen Specialized P.3's
O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 4:46 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
acboyd656 wrote:
I've found headsets with reducers, but I need to know the inner diameter of the lower to make sure I'm getting one that will fit. According to my lbs specialized is still out for there holiday vacation and can't answer the question.

Just google it.....

Thanks man, didn't think to try that...

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
I think I'm finally starting to maybe wrap my head around what I need. Is the frame milled out to take the lower bearing or is it a normal 1.5'' with a cup pressed in?

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
acboyd656 wrote:
I think I'm finally starting to maybe wrap my head around what I need. Is the frame milled out to take the lower bearing or is it a normal 1.5'' with a cup pressed in?

It should just be a campy (45x45) 1.5 sealed bearing. Normal the frame comes with a cnc adaptor that is the size of the 1.5 with a spot to put a regular 1 1/8th bearing but you never got one. You will also need a matching crown race that takes a 1.5 bearing but reduces it to work on 1 1/8th forks

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
Also just measure it with a ruler and write down the largest number you can measure. Remember to only mark the inside. I believe the ID is 40mm but double check

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
acboyd656 wrote:

It should just be a campy (45x45) 1.5 sealed bearing. Normal the frame comes with a cnc adaptor that is the size of the 1.5 with a spot to put a regular 1 1/8th bearing but you never got one. You will also need a matching crown race that takes a 1.5 bearing but reduces it to work on 1 1/8th forks

The problem is (and it's my fault for being impatient) is that I don't have the frame yet, and the sellers communication is poor. So I don't know if it has the reducer. I ordered a reducer headset, maybe i'll get lucky and it will work, there is a race I really want to ride in this weekend that a dj will be perfect for.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
acboyd656 wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
acboyd656 wrote:

The problem is (and it's my fault for being impatient) is that I don't have the frame yet, and the sellers communication is poor. So I don't know if it has the reducer. I ordered a reducer headset, maybe i'll get lucky and it will work, there is a race I really want to ride in this weekend that a dj will be perfect for.

It should include the reducer. I still have my p3 reducer and derailleur dropouts incase I end up gettin another one haha

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
acboyd656 wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

It should include the reducer. I still have my p3 reducer and derailleur dropouts incase I end up gettin another one haha

So your telling me the one I bought secon hand should have it with it, but you kept yours? Not very confindence inspiring...haha

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 10:30 Quote
Sold mine complete though. I bought my frame used and it came with it. Yours may or may not. Ask the guy you bought it off if he included it or not

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 10:47 Quote
I have, no response. Like I said, it's my fault for being impatient. This will all be resolved tomorrow when I get the frame in. I promise to bust out some calipers and measure the head tube and post the findings here so the next guy that buys a p3 can find them.

Someone remind me to do this or I will probably forget...haha

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 11:24 Quote
acboyd656 wrote:
I have, no response. Like I said, it's my fault for being impatient. This will all be resolved tomorrow when I get the frame in. I promise to bust out some calipers and measure the head tube and post the findings here so the next guy that buys a p3 can find them.
Someone remind me to do this or I will probably forget...haha

That would be a respectful thing to do for people have spent time out of their day trying to answer your question. Cool

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
Haha I really appreciate your help. I don't know why this is getting to me so much.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
My 2011 P3 before I sold it.
Overall view of it as it sits.

Since then I've bought/sold/owned three P3's. A 2014 and two 2013 models, and I have to say the 2013 is my favorite.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
austenselk wrote:
. . .

Since then I've bought/sold/owned three P3's. A 2014 and two 2013 models, and I have to say the 2013 is my favorite.

Why?

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
austenselk wrote:
. . .

Why?

Why have I bought and sold three or why do I enjoy the 2013 over the others?

I've been able to come across the frames and pick them up for good prices and then after a time riding them, turn and sell them. The 2013 is my favorite because the top tube length is almost perfect. The 2011 and 2012 were both a bit too short in my opinion, while the 2014 is a bit too long.

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
austenselk wrote:
cmc4130 wrote:
austenselk wrote:
. . .

Why?

. . . . The 2013 is my favorite because the top tube length is almost perfect. The 2011 and 2012 were both a bit too short in my opinion, while the 2014 is a bit too long.

Yeah, usually when people have a "favorite," there's a reason!! Big Grin ; )

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016723
Mobile Version of Website