Road tires

Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 19:19 Quote
so i went out to buy a new tire today, after my lady pointed out the belt showing in mine right now and i realised how intimidating and confusing it was to get a tire that wasnt freakin orange or a rock hard slick. i ended up getting a vittoria saffiro 700x25 c which i put on the front.

its replacing a duro hypnosonic which was prone to going straight when turning in the rain. but on the rear it lasted me like 2 months, definately repeat that action.

i was kind of hoping to go with A schwalbe tire but they all had weird treads

what tires have you had good experiences with that are also available in black?

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:13 Quote
I'm getting Schwalbe Duranos, good for summer and wet roads. Also I heard Michelin Pro are supposed to be good....what about Specialized All Condition?

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
well my first fixie had a cheap pair of kenda kwest in blue that came stock on the bike, got loads of punctures with those, then i replace them with schwable marathon plus, i never got one puncture with those, bit heavy but grippy and the reflective sidewalls were snazzy, still fast though

then i sold that with the tires Frown then i got my fuji which had kenda kwest again but a much better version and 25c, i like those tires, always ment to swap them on the other rims, i changed the wheels over from another bike which had specialized all condition armadillos in 23c, defiantly faster but not a comfy ride at all, they worn quite well and no punctures either

now i'm rocking panaracer pasela tourguard, nice tan sidewalls, i love them! favourite tires so far

now for my peugoet road bike i want kenda kwest again, can get them for £16 each which is good, or get those panaracers

my orbit is rolling with tubs, 19mm slick on the front, 23c slick on the back, so damn fast! but suck for obvious reasons being tubs

panaracers are my favourite so far Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 13:24 Quote
he says my point in 2 words lol i talk to much

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 17:17 Quote
the vittoria i installed is like the polar opposide of the panaracer, which kind of makes sense cause it wen on the front

that kenda or the schwalbe durano are going on the back of the soulmobile

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
changed my mind about Panaracer Pasela, went for a ride with my girl today, when we went to go home i had a slow puncture so we had to walk 2 miles, then nearly back her bike got a puncture to

but have Panaracer Pasela front and back

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 12:27 Quote
I've had three sets of Pasela TG's over the past three years and have had only three flats.

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 12:38 Quote
must of rode over a very thorny or glassy patch Confused first puncture yet

girlfriend always lets her tires get to low aswell, at 50psi last time i pumped them up for her

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 18:35 Quote
^ mine too ! wtf is with that!!

i saw paselas at my lbs and they werent what i saw on the web when i googled em, the lbs ones being meatier around the edges in the tread. mad skinny though, like 23

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 18:52 Quote
Heres mine...

mine in 28c up front and 25c in the back but i want a 28c rear next for more stopping power, i wasnt sure if a 28c would rub or not when i got it but i know it wont now

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
thats the one i saw, that shit comes in 28? noice

i'm really impressed with the vittoria it's confidence inspiring in the rain.

i like how the pasela is directional though.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 14:07 Quote
You can get them up to 35c!

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 14:50 Quote
i was thinking of going for 28c rear and 32c front (for the canal and stuff)

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 22:17 Quote
picked up a vittoria randoneur for the angus. havent put it on since my zaffiro still has life in it. ive been told theres a layer of red rubber that is kinda like a warning, like the squealer on car brakes.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv92 0.015887
Mobile Version of Website