How To Wash/Take Care Of Your Goggles

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How To Wash/Take Care Of Your Goggles
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 2:20 Quote
I have recently purchased a pair of Oakley O Frame goggles and I was wondering how one cleans them. I have read on various Motocross forums that it is recommended that warm soapy water should be used to clean the lens and so on, but what if you just want to clean some excess sweat or dirt that is on the inside or outside of the lens? Is it okay to just use a tissue with some warm water and gently rub over the lens? The Oakley website doesn't give too much information on the actual cleaning process for the goggles. Some Motocross riders said that they just throw their goggles in the washing machine! I can't think of any reason how that could be good for the lens or goggles. Any advice or tips?

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 2:44 Quote
I think the little fabric bag that goggles come in is designed for cleaning.

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 2:47 Quote
I also read about that on the website. Mine came in a box with no manual or storage case, just a little white silk bag thingy to use as storage. Not sure if it can be used for cleaning though...

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 3:50 Quote
Yeah that silk bag is what I use for cleaning, seems to work pretty good.

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:04 Quote
I use the Muc Off Optix Pack, that includes a microfibre cloth and a 35ml bottle of spray (goggle cleaner). It does the job very well, and it's easy to use: Cleaning your goggles now stopped being a headache... Razz

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 12:24 Quote
HungarianBarbarian wrote:
Yeah that silk bag is what I use for cleaning, seems to work pretty good.

Do you just put the goggles in the bag and chuck it in the washing machine?

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 12:26 Quote
Kalshikov wrote:
I use the Muc Off Optix Pack, that includes a microfibre cloth and a 35ml bottle of spray (goggle cleaner). It does the job very well, and it's easy to use: Cleaning your goggles now stopped being a headache... Razz

Sounds good! I'll see if I can get some of that stuff Big Grin

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
The Optix back costs 10€ (I don't know how much that is there in South Africa Razz ), but if you want, you can buy only the 35ml Muc Off spray that costs half the price of Optix Pack Smile

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 at 19:15 Quote
keep them in the silk case thing when your not using them. get some lens cleaner (the stuff you use on glasses is fine), and a decent glass cleaning cloth. don't try to wipe them with your gloves or if they are covered in dirt or you can scratch them pretty easy. though lenses are plastic and aren't too expensive to replace unless you get prescription ones.

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
Yah my goggle themselves are caked in mud (the frame and straps) can i wash them and if so how??

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015508
Mobile Version of Website