Post your Cyclocross Bikes.

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post your Cyclocross Bikes.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
As title says, post your CX bike.

I don't own one Razz

But I saw there isn't a thread for one, so here you go.

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:

I don't own one Razz

I've got one...unfortunately it doubles as my winter training bike and is in despicable condition right now...I'll post it when it's race ready for 'cross season in the fall Smile

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
Nice, I just made it so people can post theirs as there isn't an official 'post your' thread for CX. Wink

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 3:54 Quote
andrewgrant wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:

I don't own one Razz

I've got one...unfortunately it doubles as my winter training bike and is in despicable condition right now...I'll post it when it's race ready for 'cross season in the fall Smile

im the same as you!
in stead of the 'fix/replace when it breaks' i just 'rip it off when it breaks' haha
it no longer has a front derailleur because it seized with salt and grimme so i threw it when i was about 40miles from home! haha

Mod
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 9:46 Quote
here's my cross bike. bone stock tri-cross. soon re-wrapping the bars, and taking off the flat bar brake levers. I've ot a 104 mile race and this is the steed for the job.
photo

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
isaacds wrote:
here's my cross bike. bone stock tri-cross. soon re-wrapping the bars, and taking off the flat bar brake levers. I've ot a 104 mile race and this is the steed for the job.
photo
I got the exact same bike the other day!
I haven't gotten over 3 hours of saddle time yet but i love it so far.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
whats descending like on a cross bike?

Mod
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:05 Quote
a lot like going down hill on a bike. it's not bad, line choice becomes much more important.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:06 Quote
yeah, you must get tons of feedback in your hands and feet. how fast do you go? like a ratio i guess?

Mod
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:11 Quote
have you seen a cross course? google a video for a cross race. that's the best answer, yeah there's a lot of bike feel. but its not too rough, it's not easy or necessarily fun for epic rides, but my main use of the cross bike is for distance races, I have a 104 mile race coming in august so that's what I'm working for. I just bought new ties, the tires on my bike atm are road ties, as I use it for both. but the eral cx tires are bigger with more volume so it's a little better. but a good pair of chamois are key...

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:14 Quote
just watched a video of the 2011 world championships. seems like a really cool, different way to think of offroad riding. but theres not a chance in hell i could do that for 104 miles.

i Salute you

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:35 Quote
The Specialized Tricross is a great bike. Not the fastest frame out there for full on cross, but got me through the longest CX race in North America...the Iron Cross.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://singlespeeder.smugmug.com/Cycling/Cyclocross/2010-Iron-Cross/IMG32735601/1056234604_g8HRB-L.jpg

Mod
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 17:38 Quote
that a captain front, houffalize rear? i ran houf f+r, but just bought some large volume ritchey tires for my race. the barn burner is a 104 mile mtb race-mostly fire roads, with about 1/3 single track, and a 2 mile rock hell hole, i've only done a few regular cx races. the IX seems cool, neat series.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 17:43 Quote
Yup that's it. There's a lot of technical singletrack in the IX so I wanted something with a little more tread up front. Both were set up tubeless too. The Barn Burner seems like a fun race, probably a lot like the IX...The Tricross seems to just gobble up singletrack and rough fireroads so you should have a good time on that bike.

Mod
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
yeah, last year I weight weenied out my enduro down to 23 pounds with a 1x9. but I had 3 flats abd broke a chain. so this year it's redemption and I want that BELT BUCKLE! i got the largeest cross tires bti had, and ordered a set. 700x45 with nice knobs, should be great and help me have kids in a few years...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010893
Mobile Version of Website