Rotator cuff/shoulder injury

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Rotator cuff/shoulder injury
Posted: May 16, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
Mine was only concussed apparently. It's 85% back and i have no problem riding my bike anymore. The only problem i'm having are at the gym with heavy weight and a few exercise that bring my shoulders toward the back.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 13:27 Quote
zfdhgbaerrtg wrote:
Mine was only concussed apparently. It's 85% back and i have no problem riding my bike anymore. The only problem i'm having are at the gym with heavy weight and a few exercise that bring my shoulders toward the back.
leave heavy weights for a while! you need to do really gay 2kg weights for a while. it may look stupid but its what you need to do to regain control of your shoulder.

control meaning your brain knowing where your arm is. do you get the feeling that your arm is floating and you cant feel where it is? well thats a really important factor when it comes to crashing, and you need to do loads of boring easy exercises, like adducting and abducting your arm when the elbow is vertical and parallel with the floor to strengthen the rotator cuffs

bluhhhhh rant.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 13:38 Quote
My arm doesn't have this loose feeling anymore. I can do some pushups, still not able to bench anything, not even one plate... i tried to dumbell press incline with 50s close grip(wider grips hurt), worked but i cannot go any higher. Fly are a bit painfull with 40 dumbells but manageable... I can do shoulder press slowly with nothing over 40lbs dumbells.. Not able to work the back of my shoulder at all tough..

Tried some rotator cuff exercices too... Really boring. 2 kg is not enough, i've been training for 4 years now so it wouldn't do anything tbh.

Kinda sucks but at least i can still improve at the gym and ride so i guess i've been lucky cuz it only took 2 weeks to be able to do my normal activities again.

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 21:37 Quote
elastic band training is better than free weights

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 1:41 Quote
It sounds like your keen to get stronger and get back on the bike but you're going at it too hard too soon. When i told my physio i was trying pull ups etc she told me off. You'd be supprised what a difference a 2kg weight/band can make, when it comes to rotator cuff exercises its quality not quantity

Try shrugging your shoulders reeeeallly slowly. On the way down feel for them shing a bit. Thats not good. When doing rotator cuff exercises (aain, slower the better) after about 12 you shoeul notice the shake. This is what you need to work on getting rid of. Making them beef as fook will not Help.

Sorry my phone is being a dick

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 1:44 Quote
*that's feel them shake a bit (your shoulders when you Shrug)

Posted: May 21, 2012 at 12:25 Quote
cheers for the advice lads, still waiting for an ultrasound to find out why i have a big knot of muscle still sticking out of my shoulder 3 weeks later, as soon as im told i can work it again i will be using your advice

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 1:14 Quote
I have a sublaxing scapula and I've been given the bands to work with everything this guys has been saying is spot on the only thing I'd like to add is I've been using a shoulder brace (Evs sb03 if you wanna google) and that thing has been a godsend

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 6:26 Quote
I have no problem with my shoulder anymore when i ride. Only a few times at the gym with heavy weights.

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 21:45 Quote
Crashed hard today and injured my rotator cuff. Off of work for 5 days! Light duty when I return.

What should I be doing for these first crucial days?

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 at 6:49 Quote
Don't move, at all...

Probably the most annyoing injury i ever had... It's been 4-5 months since mine now and i still can't push heavy at the gym... Everything else is alright tough

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 6, 2012 at 7:25 Quote
Kr0weh wrote:
Crashed hard today and injured my rotator cuff. Off of work for 5 days! Light duty when I return.

What should I be doing for these first crucial days?

Ice, Rest, Inbruprofen. First stage is to reduce swelling. have a look here http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/shoulder-pain/rotator-cuff-strain/rehabilitation-rotator-cuff-strain

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 at 17:05 Quote
Thanks alot guys wish me luck!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 21:13 Quote
i had my bike slide out from under me just playing around with my lil cousin. it came out a lil bit, didnt get my shirt dirt but my shoulder dislocated then popped back in. then couple months later in pe throw a ball came straight out made a nasty crunch went limp. after that it kept coming out over nothing. you know how weird it is to tell the doctor that you were wrestling your girlfriend and it came out. i got the surgery so it wont fall out any more. its funny how high i can lift my left arm compared to the right!

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 10:22 Quote
An update on my shoulder:

After all the physio and my shoulder still popping out occasionally, i had a big accident (slipped down some wet stairs) a few months ago and i dislocated my shoulder properly again. I get to see a different Doctor this time, straight away he's convinced it's something to do with the Cartilage and orders an MRI.

I have the MRI and go in today to check the results; Sure enough my Labrum is damaged! The Dr says this has been causing the instability. Also the joint is looking a bit damaged in general from the repeat dislocations.

I'm going to be having surgery in the next few months to sort it out. Key hole work on the Labrum and pins/staples to hold it all together.

Why couldn't i seen this guy 18 months (or 4 years) ago, it's the same hospital!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020348
Mobile Version of Website