Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 3:40 Quote
But perfect tens dont look cool, they look stupid, and are basically a f*ck off arrow pointing to the fact your a trend whore...

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 3:42 Quote
O-7plymaple-O wrote:
I got a used set of Vaultus bars myself and they felt so good I wanted a set of perfect 10's. But when I looked them up like a lot of others have mentioned they are so much heavier than the shadow bars. I've decided to just stick with the shadows.

I run the shadow 9.5" on one bike and a set of 8.5" rise sunday bars on my trails bike that I made out of spare parts. Funny thing is the more my body adapts to BMX the better the 8.5 bars have been feeling.

So right now my thoughts on Perfect 10's are they would probably feel great. But Vaultus is the way to go for big bars because of the weight. Now that I'm getting used to my 8.5"ers I don't think the extra half inch of rise is worth all the extra weight.

Thing is bars get too big to the point they get in the way and limit pump and hopping ability... Also width... big bars come wide, a lot of dudes now just dont have the shoulders for it, and because of that suffer

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 3:54 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
But perfect tens dont look cool, they look stupid, and are basically a f*ck off arrow pointing to the fact your a trend whore...
and probably cant ride haha and bars really dont need to get bigger then 9or wider then 28.5

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 4:40 Quote
i reckon 30 inch bars do have a place, it is the rise where things get too extreme, what needs to get bigger is frames for tall people, you cant just stack your bars up

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
2 inches of spacers don't look cool either my friend.

edit: didn't realize they're 30 inches wide. ew. I cut my colony's down to 27 so I don't think these will work.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
O-7plymaple-O wrote:
I got a used set of Vaultus bars myself and they felt so good I wanted a set of perfect 10's. But when I looked them up like a lot of others have mentioned they are so much heavier than the shadow bars. I've decided to just stick with the shadows.

I run the shadow 9.5" on one bike and a set of 8.5" rise sunday bars on my trails bike that I made out of spare parts. Funny thing is the more my body adapts to BMX the better the 8.5 bars have been feeling.

So right now my thoughts on Perfect 10's are they would probably feel great. But Vaultus is the way to go for big bars because of the weight. Now that I'm getting used to my 8.5"ers I don't think the extra half inch of rise is worth all the extra weight.

Thing is bars get too big to the point they get in the way and limit pump and hopping ability... Also width... big bars come wide, a lot of dudes now just dont have the shoulders for it, and because of that suffer

Yeah it all comes down to what works for your body. Everyone's a different shape so naturally our bikes will be too.

For me the big bars feel good when I'm on a pump track or jumping. That's all I bought my BMX to do though. So don't think I'm trying to tell anyone else what bars they should run. This is just my thought's on bars. The BMX I learned on back in the 80s had big bars so that's probably got something to do with my prefrances.

But back on topic. Ya my thoughts on the perfect ten is they look like nice comfy bars but if I was going to buy big bars again I'd go for the vaultus 9.5 because of the weight.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 2:41 Quote
andreasmk4 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
2 inches of spacers don't look cool either my friend.

edit: didn't realize they're 30 inches wide. ew. I cut my colony's down to 27 so I don't think these will work.

2 inches of spacers would mean buying 8inch bars, im not saying that, 9 inch is fair, one inch of spacers is fine+ a mulville stem and your higher than you wanted to be with the tens and a flipped stem

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
i have a pair and im not to crazy about them there just too big

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 21:31 Quote
the easiest way to describe perfect 10s is its like riding a segway. theyre too damn high

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.imgflip.com/1bik.jpg

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 12:27 Quote
I ride perfect 10s and felt the size was just too large so I cut them down to 27 and surprisingly they never felt better. Also don't start slating me saying my genitals are being compensated for because I didn't buy these Bars they happened to be the Bars that came on the Custom I swapped for. Never the less they feel amazing now and i would recommend them simply because they allow you to run your seat much higher without looking old school.

Posted: Dec 25, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
kingstar101 wrote:
I ride perfect 10s and felt the size was just too large so I cut them down to 27 and surprisingly they never felt better. Also don't start slating me saying my genitals are being compensated for because I didn't buy these Bars they happened to be the Bars that came on the Custom I swapped for. Never the less they feel amazing now and i would recommend them simply because they allow you to run your seat much higher without looking old school.

cool. i am thinking of getting them. cant make up mind on bars.

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 1:56 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:

They're Mint Bars but if you can't bar and want to learn I'd recommend something a bit smaller unless you are willing to cut them down

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:

They're Mint Bars but if you can't bar and want to learn I'd recommend something a bit smaller unless you are willing to cut them down

yh might still get them. but part of me think they are just to big. lol. how tall are u. i am 6''6

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 10:28 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:

yh might still get them. but part of me think they are just to big. lol. how tall are u. i am 6''6

Im 6ft1, They are beautiful bars dont get me wrong but they are way too wide, 30" wide is just unnecessary for anything, i mean i was riding through town a couple of weeks back and i accidently caught a womens bag with the end of the bars and on any normal bar id have got past its just that extra " that most likely caused it to happen because i am pretty careful on the streets, But the rise is perfect for your height. You wont get a strain

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 12:43 Quote
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:

Im 6ft1, They are beautiful bars dont get me wrong but they are way too wide, 30" wide is just unnecessary for anything, i mean i was riding through town a couple of weeks back and i accidently caught a womens bag with the end of the bars and on any normal bar id have got past its just that extra " that most likely caused it to happen because i am pretty careful on the streets, But the rise is perfect for your height. You wont get a strain

Yh man cheers. I would prob cut them down to 29. People say the height isvto much stress on the frame. But i dont believe that. My bars at moment just feel too small. 8.5 27width. Might get prefect 10 or shadows 9.5 or cult 9. Heard some bad reviews on the shadow bars tho. Never heard any one broke perfect 10s. Might try short cranks to give more room on bike too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028159
Mobile Version of Website