Official 2011 Horseshoe Resort Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Official 2011 Horseshoe Resort Thread
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 17:13 Quote
There was something in an article about discounts for racers, but no details. Best bet is to email Horseshoe.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 5:55 Quote
chuckthedot wrote:
KOA campgrounds

Thanks.
How close is the KOA to the resort? Is there a name for the campground I can look up?

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 5:56 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
There was something in an article about discounts for racers, but no details. Best bet is to email Horseshoe.

I saw that too but I couldn't find anything about it when I went looking for it again. I guess emailing the resort would be best. thanks

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 7:12 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
chuckthedot wrote:
KOA campgrounds

Thanks.
How close is the KOA to the resort? Is there a name for the campground I can look up?

its very close the name is KOA campgrounds and the location is barrie

http://koa.com/campgrounds/barrie/

you could try googleWink

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 9:45 Quote
Ok, this is whack.

The website has both the 19th and the 4th listed.

I just called to "re-confirm" the 4th as mentioned above.

Well, I was told it was the 19th.....

WTF is up with these people - Does the right hand even know the left hand exists????

Can anybody get a straight answer? .... cause I don't wanna drive 3 hrs from Tillsonburg only to find I'm SOL.

michael

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
4th is end of early bird pass buying.

19th is opening day.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 13:25 Quote
FML

Facepalm

Just called at 4:22pm and the operator said she was the one to talk to about MTBing. She said the 19th...guess things have changed since monday when they told me the 4th was opening.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 14:55 Quote
Yep, I called today and booked my membership, 19th it opens. I will wait until June before I start going tho

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 18:35 Quote
Any ideas on what tire I should run on the rear? I can't go over 2.25 in size, have a 140mm rear travel all mountain frame and use this bike for everything!

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 18:54 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:
Any ideas on what tire I should run on the rear? I can't go over 2.25 in size, have a 140mm rear travel all mountain frame and use this bike for everything!

If I were you i would run 2.25 in the back and 2.5 in the front.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 3:20 Quote
The 19th! what the f@#K happened to the 5th?

thisusernameisnottaken wrote:
FML

Facepalm

Just called at 4:22pm and the operator said she was the one to talk to about MTBing. She said the 19th...guess things have changed since monday when they told me the 4th was opening.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 13:57 Quote
modelo wrote:
The 19th! what the f@#K happened to the 5th?

thisusernameisnottaken wrote:
FML

Facepalm

F*** If I know...Facepalm

Weather looks terrible too....

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-151_metric_e.html

(note the incredible amounts of sarcasm)

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 14:14 Quote
I't sucks for sure, but no use whining about it. I't won't make opening weekend come and quicker, but probably will make it feel like an eternity. Maybe this way they'll have more time to work a bit extra on the trails they have there and make sure opening weekend will be a really good one, just like last years. Plus, the trail crew might be helping to work on the O-Cup track a lot to get it done in time for the event, and not have enough time to patch up the other trails.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 15:48 Quote
When is the O-cup race?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.016531
Mobile Version of Website