Post your NS bikes!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your NS bikes!
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 9:12 Quote
#1. When you get it, if you look at the rear shock the wrong way it starts to leak

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
cabester98 wrote:
#1. When you get it, if you look at the rear shock the wrong way it starts to leak

If you're talking about the Rock Shox Monarch........then 100% yes. Mine on my SodaS started leaking in 2 weeks from brand new. Such garbage....

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
Draggon wrote:
cabester98 wrote:

If you're talking about the Rock Shox Monarch........then 100% yes. Mine on my SodaS started leaking in 2 weeks from brand new. Such garbage....
you'd think if they all do that rock shox wouldve caught it, or at least warranted it

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:56 Quote
Draggon wrote:
croyx16 wrote:
NS Soda owners I am hoping you can give me some input on how you like your bikes and a general review. I am hoping to get a Soda frame (26") and build it up as an over built do everything bike. any help or advice on purchasing would be great... I am 6' tall so taller riders sizing experience would also be appreciated.

You talking about getting the Soda Slope or Soda FR?
woops sorry freeride.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 15:46 Quote
NS Soda
@croyx16
I have had my Soda for a while now and it works well as both a trail/am and freeride/park bike. I'm around 6'1 and it fits well as a trail bike still. I run a 40mm stem as well. The only thing I swap for longer rides is the seat post. I'd recommend a longer travel fork then I have though. I'd like it even more with a little slacker front

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
I only had mine for a week but i deffenetly like it way more than my old elssworth ID. The soda is so rigid and well balanced! At least this is the 2016 model. i don't know how much they changed though Smile
It has 27,5" wheels though.. i think it would be even funnyer for me(im' only 175cm) with 26 inch.
But either way it's a f*cking confidence boost with this aggressive geometry and massive fork legs of the x-fusion! It feels like a tank that will eat anything!
photo

Just my first thought of it so far..(hoping the damper won't die to fast :/)

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 21:23 Quote
DannerD3H wrote:
I only had mine for a week but i deffenetly like it way more than my old elssworth ID. The soda is so rigid and well balanced! At least this is the 2016 model. i don't know how much they changed though Smile
It has 27,5" wheels though.. i think it would be even funnyer for me(im' only 175cm) with 26 inch.
But either way it's a f*cking confidence boost with this aggressive geometry and massive fork legs of the x-fusion! It feels like a tank that will eat anything!
photo

Just my first thought of it so far..(hoping the damper won't die to fast :/)

Sounds good! I am sure it will only get better too the more that you ride it.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
Got Mint bars for my Cap:
Cap with Mint bars 4

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 2:31 Quote
Bit of a weird set up you have there, just used for cruising about im guessing?

Really like that frame though.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
how strange would it be to run 26" wheels on the 27.5 frame? has anyone done it? it would be a stop gap measure while my wallet attempts to recover.

also thanks for the input everyone.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
Pretty strange. My thoughts would be to run 27.5" wheels on a 26" frame.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
BSal wrote:
Pretty strange. My thoughts would be to run 27.5" wheels on a 26" frame.
would that be possible? I would rather run the 26" frame and 26" wheels but I don't want to have a frame that only runs a dying wheel size. but I suppose keeping up with the trends shouldn't be my main concern when I already know I love 26" wheels

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
Well if it's a "dying trend" buy some 27.5". I like 26". Plus if you put 26" on a 27.5" your geo will be effected. Plus those 27.5" already have low bottom brackets.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
BSal wrote:
Well if it's a "dying trend" buy some 27.5". I like 26". Plus if you put 26" on a 27.5" your geo will be effected. Plus those 27.5" already have low bottom brackets.
fair enough I will go with the 26 frame when I have money again. every time I finaly get enough money together for the frame something pops up and I have to empty my account on stupid stuff like rent or food...but soon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026619
Mobile Version of Website