2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 18:00 Quote
I would rent the med.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
so I hit a big ramp and my seat contacted the rear wheel Eek kicked me over the bars!!

luckily Im barley hurt but damn I never thought my seat would contact..... anyone else have this problem?

how high are you guys running your seats on medium frames?

I was running into the same issue, I was running it as low as it goes at first, but then i don't know how high I raised it, but definitely more than it was to get clearance. I also moved the seat forward just a bit.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
vladutz8417 wrote:
Hi guys, maybe someone have a clue about this. I bough a new Boxxer WC in the winter, and now my compression and rebound adjustments don`t work. I searched over the internet and some seals may be ripped apart internally, or the oil it`s not doing it` s job. Am I risking to destroy the fork completely ? Now it`s working good, don`t make noises or anything else.

Are the knobs not turning or you're not getting any adjustment when turning the knobs?

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
Srfsk8sw wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
so I hit a big ramp and my seat contacted the rear wheel Eek kicked me over the bars!!

luckily Im barley hurt but damn I never thought my seat would contact..... anyone else have this problem?

how high are you guys running your seats on medium frames?

I was running into the same issue, I was running it as low as it goes at first, but then i don't know how high I raised it, but definitely more than it was to get clearance. I also moved the seat forward just a bit.

haha, I have to admit Im new to DH bikes. its like a doberman lepink haha.

my slope bike never hits the seat off the tire and I run the seat slammed.

though having my seat higher, I kinda like pinch the seat with my leg when cornering. only downside is it seems to get in my way when having fun on the jump line trails

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 16:48 Quote
Srfsk8sw wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:
Hi guys, maybe someone have a clue about this. I bough a new Boxxer WC in the winter, and now my compression and rebound adjustments don`t work. I searched over the internet and some seals may be ripped apart internally, or the oil it`s not doing it` s job. Am I risking to destroy the fork completely ? Now it`s working good, don`t make noises or anything else.

Are the knobs not turning or you're not getting any adjustment when turning the knobs?
they are turning, but nothing happens. For example i can turn the compression knob hundred times, clicks are infinite now.... but now i noticed that my fork only travels 60 % and started to make ugly noises, so tomorrow I`ll send it to warranty. I was in doubt if to buy a new boxxer or a fox 40, now i regret the decision Frown

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 20:44 Quote
f*ck yeah taiwan. lol Im sorry I just remembered and couldnt stop laughing

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 21:05 Quote
vladutz8417 wrote:
Srfsk8sw wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:

they are turning, but nothing happens. For example i can turn the compression knob hundred times, clicks are infinite now.... but now i noticed that my fork only travels 60 % and started to make ugly noises, so tomorrow I`ll send it to warranty. I was in doubt if to buy a new boxxer or a fox 40, now i regret the decision Frown

Neither compares to the Marzocchi 380 Ti or even the X-Fusion RV1

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 22:14 Quote
Avalanche it. Best decision I've made.

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 6:27 Quote
kent wrote:

Last winter I was thinking to do it, next one I will Wink Did you install it yourself ? It was straight forward, simple as it looks in the movie from them ?

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 Quote
vladutz8417 wrote:
kent wrote:

Last winter I was thinking to do it, next one I will Wink Did you install it yourself ? It was straight forward, simple as it looks in the movie from them ?
Yes i did it myself i Haven't watched the movie but the instructions in the website are easy to follow

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Thank you, I`ll do the same Wink

kent wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:
kent wrote:

Yes i did it myself i Haven't watched the movie but the instructions in the website are easy to follow

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
vladutz8417 wrote:
Srfsk8sw wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:

I had a similar issue with an older (2012?) set of boxxers, when after a day of big jumps and hucks to flat i was not getting full travel and there was a horrible clunking sound. Turned out the compression damper assembly had snapped! I guess they were dealing with some heavy hits but..

Posted: Jul 17, 2015 at 0:51 Quote
freeridefish wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:
Srfsk8sw wrote:

I had a similar issue with an older (2012?) set of boxxers, when after a day of big jumps and hucks to flat i was not getting full travel and there was a horrible clunking sound. Turned out the compression damper assembly had snapped! I guess they were dealing with some heavy hits but..

Luckily, mine was in warranty so will be serviced or replaced Wink Anyway, I already bought a team and I`ll put avalanche on it Big Grin

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
Figure this is the place to post this, found on another mtb forum. Demo's for 2016

Looks like they're making the alu version in the new frame style too. Shame about that green/red colourway!

2016 demo s - credit Rotorburn found from this link rotorburn.com forums attachment.php s d8eb61238d81c4cfbda22a719a20ec05 amp attachmentid 315878 amp d 1436606977

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
Well, my money is on that it will be the classic double stay demo frame, and not this one sided, which cracks as carbon, so don't see good chances for such design in aluminium.

LeafWood wrote:
Figure this is the place to post this, found on another mtb forum. Demo's for 2016

Looks like they're making the alu version in the new frame style too. Shame about that green/red colourway!

2016 demo s - credit Rotorburn found from this link rotorburn.com forums attachment.php s d8eb61238d81c4cfbda22a719a20ec05 amp attachmentid 315878 amp d 1436606977

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015749
Mobile Version of Website