2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
tophHATESzmbies wrote:
Ah yah, I just wasn't sure if there was something else. How are you liking it?

I'm absolutely loving it! The adjustability is great for fine tuning for the terrain. It was a breeze to dial in sag, especially for me being a light weight guy. It rides awesome. And the weight savings was a bonus. The only downside was the cost lol

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 14:04 Quote
Haha it's only money. I have ccdb on my demo, but I've always preferred air. I had the vivid air on another bike, and loved it, but I wasn't keen on mating it to the demo.

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 14:21 Quote
That's what I figured... It's only money. I had an DBAir that I sold without ever trying it on my Demo. The X2 was my first air shock, and I am pretty stoked I got it. I find it rides way nicer than my RC4, and the RC4 actually wasn't all that bad for me. The fine tuning of the X2 is what I'm keen on. A quick click here or there to tune to what your riding is pretty simple. And the volume spacers are a breeze to put in.

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 15:53 Quote
Got my demo up for sale in case anyone is looking for one, pics and spec on my profile

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 16:51 Quote
Guess what I am going to say?

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 17:10 Quote
robd420 wrote:
That's what I figured... It's only money. I had an DBAir that I sold without ever trying it on my Demo. The X2 was my first air shock, and I am pretty stoked I got it. I find it rides way nicer than my RC4, and the RC4 actually wasn't all that bad for me. The fine tuning of the X2 is what I'm keen on. A quick click here or there to tune to what your riding is pretty simple. And the volume spacers are a breeze to put in.

Nice. I haven't read the manual as of yet. Was it easy to rotate the can so the eyelet would line up with the yoke?

The dbair was in consideration also, but as soon as fox unveiled the x2, I didn't want anything else.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 17:36 Quote
Where can I purchase online Ohlins ttx22m springs? The current one is a tad too soft for me.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 18:50 Quote
reelsimple wrote:
Where can I purchase online Ohlins ttx22m springs? The current one is a tad too soft for me.

Specialized dealer only, or i believe cane creek springs work as well

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 20:44 Quote
tophHATESzmbies wrote:
robd420 wrote:

Nice. I haven't read the manual as of yet. Was it easy to rotate the can so the eyelet would line up with the yoke?

The dbair was in consideration also, but as soon as fox unveiled the x2, I didn't want anything else.

The can is simple to rotate. Then to remove line up the notch, and pull apart, easy as pie! I had a used Dbair, as soon as the X2 was announced, I pre ordered from my LBS. I'm glad I went with the X2.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 21:30 Quote
Awesome. Thanks for the information. I definitely want to do this now.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
Anyone running a 40 on the new generation demo?

My 2012 didnt play nice with it...curious if this has been resolved now?

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
MikeyMT wrote:

Just bought a '13 with a 40. havnt riden it yet tho - it is the off season so it is all in peices in may basement with three other bixe. I am stoked for spring tho

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 9:39 Quote
MikeyMT wrote:

Did your fork have the new crowns? And what do you mean, "play nice?"

I have a 2012 demo with a 2014 40 float. Only issue I had was a crown loosening enough that during a crash, I twisted my lowers around just a little.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
MikeyMT wrote:

I'm running 2014 40s on a 2012 demo easiest fix was external lower cup it dropped the lower crown enough to give full lock if that what you mean by not playing nice. Fox modded the lower crown on 2015 40 which sorted any issues with restricted lock.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
chappers998 wrote:
I'm running 2014 40s on a 2012 demo easiest fix was external lower cup it dropped the lower crown enough to give full lock if that what you mean by not playing nice. Fox modded the lower crown on 2015 40 which sorted any issues with restricted lock.
Did you try running an internal lower? I have a king internal with the crown spacer that spesh included with the frame. The only time the crown touched the down tube was because the shop had the fork mounted, and had just cruised it around the parking lot without the spacer. Pulled it all apart, put the spacer on, no problem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016883
Mobile Version of Website