Hands going Numb

• Previous Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 18:56 Quote
When I ride sometimes my hands go numb. now I ride a XC mtn bike I am wondering if that is something common or should I go see my Dr? It just seems to happen when I ride hard. Anyone have that happen to them?

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 19:05 Quote
Do you wear gloves?

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 19:39 Quote
No but the grips are soft.

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
buy/wear some gloves.

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
Could be a few things. Maybe too much grip. try riding and not gripping the bars like your life depended on it. Check your seat is not angled forward placing your weight over the bars adding stress on your wrist. Some time ergo grips will helps or maybe changing your bars to ones with more back sweep. Or even you may have your bars angled to far forward . Check with your local bike shop one you trust it may be a fitment issue and they can help dial the bike in more for your needs. Hope this helps

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
Caezar wrote:
Could be a few things. Maybe too much grip. try riding and not gripping the bars like your life depended on it. Check your seat is not angled forward placing your weight over the bars adding stress on your wrist. Some time ergo grips will helps or maybe changing your bars to ones with more back sweep. Or even you may have your bars angled to far forward . Check with your local bike shop one you trust it may be a fitment issue and they can help dial the bike in more for your needs. Hope this helps

Thank you very much. I need to take it in to get some work done on it any ways.Thanks for the info.

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
do u ride in the cold, if so, get some gloves

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 20:22 Quote
I have the same issue. Local shop fixed my seat cause i had it angled forward and that helped some but i still get some numbness. It would be nice to know how to avoid this.

Posted: Oct 14, 2011 at 20:25 Quote
I think you guys are either giving your bars the death grip, or positioned too far forward putting too much weight on your hands.

Go in to your shop for a proper bike fit. If your shop doesn't do that, try lowering your seat a touch at a time until your hands stop going numb.

You can also experiment with different glove/grip combos.

Mod
Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 14:28 Quote
Could be carpal tunnel, possibly. If grips and gloves and position don't fix it. Try some ibuprofen, see if that helps.. if so.. could be the tunnel. I got it, it sucks.

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 19:44 Quote
It could be possible that you just need to activate your core muscles more. I struggled with hand numbness for a long time before I learned this. A stronger core sits your weight more toward you seat by shifting your pelvis forward. Helped me alot. I had been wearing gloves when ever I road any bike and always an hour in the numbness would start.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 14:43 Quote
like t3rry said it could be carpal tunnel. I have had it and found that iceing my hand and taking flax seed has helped significantly.

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 18:34 Quote
i have experienced this as well and my issue is death griping the bars as well as a weak core. ck the seat angle and fore aft location as well as the handle bar inclination. also ride more aware of posture and aim to keep weight on the pedals.

once it starts I have to remind myslef to loosen the grip and put more weight on the feet. after a bit it goes away.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 15:13 Quote
http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/gs1

=

no more hand numbness

just try a few different angles

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018921
Mobile Version of Website