Hands going Numb

• Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 5:43 Quote
I have had some issues with this as well. Mine was not effected by different grips and gloves, but the position of the seat/stem (as mentioned above). I shortened my stem some and moved the seat up which helps. I know my issues are caused by geometry/position. My other bike (slauer50) doesn't give my hands numbness unless the seatpost is too high. I also found that a carbon bar helps with vibration related numbness (cobblestones or heavy root trails).

Just play with your cockpit settings to help. Sometimes new grips help as well, but you already said yours are soft. What grips do you have?

FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 0:48 Quote
another question, have you broken any bones in you're hand / wrist? i have broken my wrist on my left arm 3 times and i have broken and permanently relocated my thumb on right hand. my hands always lock up / cramp and have sharp pains while riding with regular grips with and without gloves.

only thing i have found is making sure my bar geo has a lot of back sweep and i run ergon grips on all my bikes now, since they are formed to reduce pain while riding, specifically the GA1 evo's, i used to have to use really thick grips to help remove the pain and open my hands a bit more, but now with the ergon's i can use a thinner grip and actually do a full run in whistler top to bottom not stop and have very little to no pain, best thing i have invested in was ergon grips. I would recommend trying a pair and seeing if they help any because they did a world of difference to my riding and a lot of friends riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012932
Mobile Version of Website