Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 16:43 Quote
Today shuttled Goodman Creek and got a little muddy. The front end is so light and "pointable" with the Fox 36 without the slothy rake of that 8" fork. Good riddance!!!
photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 17:14 Quote
What is the hub size of the rear 2012 status 1. Is it 135mmx10 or 135x12?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 17:16 Quote
Noypirider wrote:

Thanks!
135*10 it is

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 17:23 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Noypirider wrote:

Thanks!
135*10 it is

Thank you sir !

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 7:08 Quote
Would this fit my Status bottom headset? Need to put on my Boxxer and I need a 1.125" lower.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
TNFking wrote:
Would this fit my Status bottom headset? Need to put on my Boxxer and I need a 1.125" lower.
I believe you need a 49/30 for the status:
http://store.canecreek.com/p/40-zs49-30-bottom-assembly?pp=8

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 15:20 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
TNFking wrote:
I believe you need a 49/30 for the status:
http://store.canecreek.com/p/40-zs49-30-bottom-assembly?pp=8
Thanks bunches. And I ordered the BlackSpire DM stem for my Status when I put on my Boxxers.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 15:50 Quote
PacificPointer wrote:
Today shuttled Goodman Creek and got a little muddy. The front end is so light and "pointable" with the Fox 36 without the slothy rake of that 8" fork. Good riddance!!!

The axle to crown measurement of your 36 will be the same as the Domain dual crown. You'll probably find there is a little more rake in your setup now as you're running an external lower cup for your headset.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 18:44 Quote
jimferno wrote:

The axle to crown measurement of your 36 will be the same as the Domain dual crown. You'll probably find there is a little more rake in your setup now as you're running an external lower cup for your headset.

Your rake of your bike will change every 2 seconds you're on a trail going through the suspension and that 5/16" the bottom cups add would make a fraction of a degree of difference, and that difference would be to the those who like to tech talk here on PB. The weight + the rake combine for the my mention. Your point is relevant...... to the flatland pictures on PB in someones back yard in lax suspension. A bike goes through a whole spectrum of degree's + and - as to the "rake" going down a hill under load and per trail. Nobody talks about that here. Wink

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 18:47 Quote
So how do you guys think that a rose BlackSpire DM stem will look on my 2012 Stais 1?

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 18:51 Quote
TNFking wrote:
So how do you guys think that a rose BlackSpire DM stem will look on my 2012 Stais 1?

Have a look at the Hit N Run guy and support a small bussiness owner. Hes has some great products.
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
TNFking wrote:
I'm not really a fan of those stems without a solid base, not that I'd have seen any fail, and I don't remember saying "oh my, I wish my stem was stiffer right now" either, but somehow a single piece held in place by 4 screws inspires more confidence in me than 2 separate pieces, even if the faceplate bridges them.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
TNFking wrote:
I'm not really a fan of those stems without a solid base, not that I'd have seen any fail, and I don't remember saying "oh my, I wish my stem was stiffer right now" either, but somehow a single piece held in place by 4 screws inspires more confidence in me than 2 separate pieces, even if the faceplate bridges them.

Its all up to the sheer value and the thread strength of the bolts. Once the bars are bolted on they add strength to the stem.I understand what you mean as to having some substance connecting everything which is mind settling.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 0:44 Quote
PacificPointer wrote:
jimferno wrote:

Your rake of your bike will change every 2 seconds you're on a trail going through the suspension and that 5/16" the bottom cups add would make a fraction of a degree of difference, and that difference would be to the those who like to tech talk here on PB. The weight + the rake combine for the my mention. Your point is relevant...... to the flatland pictures on PB in someones back yard in lax suspension. A bike goes through a whole spectrum of degree's + and - as to the "rake" going down a hill under load and per trail. Nobody talks about that here. Wink

I was simply pointing out that there was minimal to no difference to how 'raked' out his bike is now. The fork may be lighter and better performing but it's just as long as his old dual crown. tup

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 9:56 Quote
jimferno wrote:
PacificPointer wrote:
jimferno wrote:

I was simply pointing out that there was minimal to no difference to how 'raked' out his bike is now. The fork may be lighter and better performing but it's just as long as his old dual crown. tup

Not if he put the fork on the highest setting eg with no spacers then the axle to crown length would be more than 568mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019853
Mobile Version of Website