Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 21:58 Quote
Hi, I would like to ask, way I have attached bowden cable for the front derailleur ? Bike : Specialized Status , Sorry for my English thanks

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 1:31 Quote
Finally got my frame
Thoughts on the build sitting at 41 pounds and I'm getting new tires and going tubeless so that will drop a little weight

My new frame build

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 3:40 Quote
Tvaneijk wrote:
Finally got my frame
Thoughts on the build sitting at 41 pounds and I'm getting new tires and going tubeless so that will drop a little weight

My new frame build
That's a sweet setup! Surprised it's at 41 lbs though, looks like relatively light build from what I can see (rims and cranks, pretty much, but still..)

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 8:40 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Tvaneijk wrote:
Finally got my frame

My new frame build
That's a sweet setup! Surprised it's at 41 lbs though, looks like relatively light build from what I can see (rims and cranks, pretty much, but still..)

The killer for weight is my 2.7 triple wall kenda Tomac with a 2.5 mm thick downhill tube front wheel is over 7 pounds
Rear also has a minion 2.5 with said tube.
I am going tubeless with a lighter front tire so that should drop a lot of weight

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 23:35 Quote
So I bought two new tires today and went tubeless hoping to get it to 38 pounds
I also went from a 450 spring to a 550 today It should be finished in the morning I'll post a new pic tomorrow along with the weight rear shimonoe zee is on the way to

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 1:47 Quote
new crank chainring
quick stop at the pub for a pint of braveness
posing for a pic
the new shock
My 2015 status build
so far Smile

dropper post is on order Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 6:02 Quote
Lamps1991 wrote:
new crank chainring
posing for a pic
the new shock
My 2015 status build
so far Smile

I am confused. Why the hell you buy a dropper post for a FR/DH bike?

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 6:40 Quote
Hey guys, got a noob question.
I ride a 2013 status 2. Im wanting to get rid of the elixir 5s (garbage) and grab some new rotors. Im looking at saints. If i were to buy new rotors too, would i be able to just pull off the old rotors and put the new ones on? and then throw the brakes on. is there anything i have to do, special mounts i need if the new rotors are a different size than the old? I don't want to buy the new brakes, and rotors, just to see that they don't align. or is it really just buy and swap?

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 6:52 Quote
The Status runs an 8 inch in front and 7 out back from the factory. If you buy Saints (and I do recommend them I have a set myself and they are fantastic) you would buy those size rotors and be all set. If you wish to go 8 inch out back you will need and adapter. With so much power on tap it's really not needed though.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 8:47 Quote
TNFking wrote:
Lamps1991 wrote:
new crank chainring
posing for a pic
the new shock
My 2015 status build
so far Smile

because I cant be arsed to keep getting off and changing the seat position because I use it for trails aswell so some climbs so need it up then down hill need it down and I occasionally ride it to work when I service it

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 8:49 Quote
plus I got it cheap

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
dropper post is on order Smile [/Quote]
I am confused. Why the hell you buy a dropper post for a FR/DH bike?[/Quote]

The dropper allows you to pedal up to the trails in the off season (I got a KS 150mm). No lift, no shuttle, no problem! Wink

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 8:54 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
I am confused. Why the hell you buy a dropper post for a FR/DH bike?[/Quote]

The dropper allows you to pedal up to the trails in the off season (I got a KS 150mm). No lift, no shuttle, no problem! Wink [/Quote]

see im not a invalid

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 12:01 Quote
Lamps1991 wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

The dropper allows you to pedal up to the trails in the off season (I got a KS 150mm). No lift, no shuttle, no problem! Wink [/Quote]

see im not a invalid[/Quote]

Nah you're just badass like me. Climbing a DH bike is hardcore haha.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 12:38 Quote
Or have an AM bike and/or trail bike? (Not trying to start shit, rode a lot on my Status last season when I first got it for trails.)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045725
Mobile Version of Website