Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 15:34 Quote
Changed a few things on her, now with full DH tires, Enve DH bars and Chromag stem weights 35lbs and 6 oz

photo

photo
photo

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 17:11 Quote
This is probably a really stupid question... But I bought a used status. Its the 2013 status 2. Does that mean i have the 2013 boxxer rc? or do i have a 2012 boxxer? Does the bike year match the year of the fork? Thanks guys.

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
patch92 wrote:
This is probably a really stupid question... But I bought a used status. Its the 2013 status 2. Does that mean i have the 2013 boxxer rc? or do i have a 2012 boxxer? Does the bike year match the year of the fork? Thanks guys.

yep, 2013 boxxer

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
djcd6 wrote:
Changed a few things on her, now with full DH tires, Enve DH bars and Chromag stem weights 35lbs and 6 oz

photo

photo
photo

Love it I'm sure your gf loves it too!

Does anyone know if this headset will fit the status headtube? I'm so close to get one and change the tapered fork with a straight one but I'm afraid that I'll end up with rather expensive headset and a fork that won't fit the current one.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 14:57 Quote
photo

New Forks and Shock fitted

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 4:35 Quote
Just fitted a vivid air to mine as well. Feels amazing, I can actually jump it properly now

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
I am currently running a SRAM x9 short cage derailleur on my 2013 status with a 10 spd DH cassette. Like others, I am having problems with tuning the derailleur to run properly without hitting the chainstay while in the smallest cog. I have played with limits & B Screw.

I am thinking about changing to a Zee derailleur to try to fix this problem (not sure if it will). I have seen others talk about getting the DH vs FR version to try to solve this problem. Has anybody discovered a solution for this? Can someone please specify which would be best for the status?

Thanks
~Kirby

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
I have a Zee works like a dream

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
djcd6 wrote:

photo

photo
photo

Love it I'm sure your gf loves it too!

Does anyone know if this headset will fit the status headtube? I'm so close to get one and change the tapered fork with a straight one but I'm afraid that I'll end up with rather expensive headset and a fork that won't fit the current one.

Yeah that headset will fit on a Status frame. I bought the same headset last year, though I have yet to put it on (long story). You gonna increase the toptube or decrease it?

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 11:56 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
georgevorobyov wrote:

Yeah that headset will fit on a Status frame. I bought the same headset last year, though I have yet to put it on (long story). You gonna increase the toptube or decrease it?

Thank you I'm happy to hear that! I believe I'm as tall as you are (6'0 or 183cm) and ride a medium (like you use to do) so I'd like to increase the reach. To make a long story short, my local dealers had only mediums in stock and the forecasts had been that the next statuses (same year - 2015) are going to cost 30% more due to the USD/EUR problem, so I took the chance and got a medium. I hope it is going to be way better with a 45-50mm stem and a 7mm headset.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 2:26 Quote
why is everyone binning the fox rear shcoks for

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 4:21 Quote
ive always liked how the status looked as a biketup and I really like one Smile Smile Smile Smile but sadly I don't think I could use to it to its full potential as there's no downhill within 200 miles of me and I don't drive don't know what the public transport like in the rest of world or even rest of the uk really but down here in Suffolk and east its very crap. trains depend day to day hour to hour sometimes its fine to take your bike sometimes the same bike 3 hours later is a fire hazard apparently Frown Frown Frown Frown some days I cant take it full stop because its "too big" and would block a aisle. busses seem to have a weight limit "confusing" and cant carry a large bike because its something or other.

sorry about the rant and once again nice bike

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 6:37 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
ive always liked how the status looked as a biketup and I really like one Smile Smile Smile Smile but sadly I don't think I could use to it to its full potential as there's no downhill within 200 miles of me and I don't drive don't know what the public transport like in the rest of world or even rest of the uk really but down here in Suffolk and east its very crap. trains depend day to day hour to hour sometimes its fine to take your bike sometimes the same bike 3 hours later is a fire hazard apparently Frown Frown Frown Frown some days I cant take it full stop because its "too big" and would block a aisle. busses seem to have a weight limit "confusing" and cant carry a large bike because its something or other.

Save up & get a van!!

Until then, just use the trains to get to where you want to be & bum lifts off mates

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 17:03 Quote
alexthekid wrote:
cannondalemale wrote:

Save up & get a van!!

Until then, just use the trains to get to where you want to be & bum lifts off mates

Has anyone ever used a bike bag or box for train travel with bikes my LBS rents out top quality fully padded polaris bike boxes its like a case for bikes jus wondering if it would easyier to pack that way

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 2:21 Quote
I've never thought about bike bags unless you're
taking your bike on a plane. Trains are fine for bikes?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016081
Mobile Version of Website