Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
O+
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
MaxxDH wrote:
sdiz wrote:
203 front and rear. Need IS adapter for rear. Not sure what fork you have....

And I'm sure your lbs would be more than happy to get what you need.

my lbs? what u mean?

Local Bike Shop

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
oh u mean local bike shop, yeah but they are pretty expensive here in munich :/

O+
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
MaxxDH wrote:
oh u mean local bike shop, yeah but they are pretty expensive here in munich :/

But they will know what you need and how to fit it. If you are nice and use them enough you will eventually get bro-discount.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
yeah, i'll phone em up tomorrow,
but just for the sake of ppl googling brakes for status and coming on this thread, what mount does the xfusion vengeance need for the 203 saints?

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
-LBS (local bike shop).
Look on chainreactioncycles.com. Sometimes they have great deals. I got my saints from them for 200$ for a whole set. If you go to that website and type in shimano saint m820, you'll see a package starting at 174$ for everything you need. Then you just go in and select exactly what you want.

I believe that fork uses a 'post to post' mount for the brake. I would do more research and figure it out for sure though.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 13:46 Quote
Cheers guys, thanks for the advise. I have been looking into the vivid air, but can't afford new. Found this monarch plus on here, hoping it would suit. Size not on the site, but the for sale ad gas a picture of the box that includes the size.

ROCK SHOX MONARCH PLUS RC3 HIGH VOLUME 222x66 Med/Med tune

So looks like the size would fit, perhaps giving slightly less travel. Would the med/med tune suit the fsr suspension design?

Reading up on the shock, it seems ok for the Alps (and I am only a girl, so no hard use!)

Simone

O+
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
moniex wrote:
Cheers guys, thanks for the advise. I have been looking into the vivid air, but can't afford new. Found this monarch plus on here, hoping it would suit. Size not on the site, but the for sale ad gas a picture of the box that includes the size.

ROCK SHOX MONARCH PLUS RC3 HIGH VOLUME 222x66 Med/Med tune

So looks like the size would fit, perhaps giving slightly less travel. Would the med/med tune suit the fsr suspension design?

Reading up on the shock, it seems ok for the Alps (and I am only a girl, so no hard use!)

Simone

It'll work but it might overheat because it is not made to handle DH/bikepark riding. And since when is being a girl=no hard use! Wink My friend's girlfriend rips on her Santacruz V10! If you come down to the Portes du Soleil this summer pass by Chatel and I'll give you a tour.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
SintraFreeride, may have to keep you to that. Will be over to PDS 8 -16 August, trying to keep up with my oldest son.

Simone

O+
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 23:52 Quote
moniex wrote:
SintraFreeride, may have to keep you to that. Will be over to PDS 8 -16 August, trying to keep up with my oldest son.

Simone

I work at the Chatel bikepark so I'll be around! happy trails til then!

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 5:03 Quote
Great thanks.

Just took delivery of my new-to-me status frame in small. Bearings seem sweet, shock fitted turns out to be a fox dhx 5.0 in a 8.5 x 2.5 size.

Any good?

Thought I need a 8.75 x 2.75?

Happy to change shocks, still looking at the monarch plus rc3 high volume m/m tune (air shock will save me fiddling about with springs), which is a 222 x 66.

Also found a dhx 5.0 for sale in a 222 x 70 used, but I'll need to get a suitable spring.

I weight about 59kg (without kit!), so not sure what would suit.

Any advise?

Simone

O+
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 10:15 Quote
moniex wrote:
Great thanks.

Just took delivery of my new-to-me status frame in small. Bearings seem sweet, shock fitted turns out to be a fox dhx 5.0 in a 8.5 x 2.5 size.

Any good?

Happy to change shocks, still looking at the monarch plus rc3 high volume m/m tune (air shock will save me fiddling about with springs), which is a 222 x 66.

Also found a dhx 5.0 for sale in a 222 x 70 used, but I'll need to get a suitable spring.

Any advise?

Simone

The normal size is 8.75x2.75. Remove the spring from the fox dhx 5.0 in a 8.5 x 2.5 s and check that the seat stay brace does NOT hit the frame at full compression. If it doesn't (which I doubt) then you can stick with it as it will only change the geometry of the bike slightly making the headangle slacker and the bb lower (not a bad thing in my book). As for spring rate get yourself a 350lb or 400lb with a 375lb being ideal (if you manage to fine one).

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
just out of curiosity, how do you guys think the status compares to the sx trail?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
just out of curiosity, how do you guys think the status compares to the sx trail?

Haven't ridden teh SX trail but on paper the Status is like a longer travel version of that bike.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 12:42 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:

Haven't ridden teh SX trail but on paper the Status is like a longer travel version of that bike.

thats what i was thinkin, seems like similar bike but more travel, seems more similar to the sx than the big hit

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 16:22 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
moniex wrote:
Great thanks.

Any good?

Any advise?

Simone

The normal size is 8.75x2.75. Remove the spring from the fox dhx 5.0 in a 8.5 x 2.5 s and check that the seat stay brace does NOT hit the frame at full compression. If it doesn't (which I doubt) then you can stick with it as it will only change the geometry of the bike slightly making the headangle slacker and the bb lower (not a bad thing in my book). As for spring rate get yourself a 350lb or 400lb with a 375lb being ideal (if you manage to fine one).

Thanks for that, will give that a go (if I can get the spring undone, seems a bit tight). Also found a cheap VAN RC new in the right size (just over £100), any good compared to the dhx? I prefer to just ride and not fiddle too much.

Simone

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024866
Mobile Version of Website