Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
i am using the fsa orbit reducer race fits great

Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 23:13 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:
Conversely, any guys over 6,3" or 192cm riding a Status? I've got a large 2014 and i've put a 55mm easton stem to lengthen it out, wondering how other taller guys felt riding one? Haven't put a lot of time on it yet, but wondering if it's going to be too short.

I'm right at 6'3" and ride a large 2014 Status II. At first it definitely felt small, as this is my first downhill bike and I'm used to riding an XL cross country frame. But after hitting the trails for a while, it feels great.

The only thing is I'm pretty skinny, so I may swap out the spring for something a bit less stiff.

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
Good to hear. From the small amount of riding i've done, it feels pretty good. What spring you running? I've got a 500 in there, and i'm about 105kg when riding, and it feels a little bit soft but not too bad.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
I used to ride a 450 in a vivid ,weighting 78kg. 500 and 105kg has to be way to soft

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
I've just ordered the fsa orbit reducer, just need to get forks now

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 20:10 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:
Good to hear. From the small amount of riding i've done, it feels pretty good. What spring you running? I've got a 500 in there, and i'm about 105kg when riding, and it feels a little bit soft but not too bad.

I'm not sure exactly. I'm assuming it has the stock medium spring for the large frame.

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 14:33 Quote
What is the most popular aftermarket rear shock for the status I thought of vivid air but most of the bikes I see at the park are stock rentals

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
chickendog wrote:
What is the most popular aftermarket rear shock for the status I thought of vivid air but most of the bikes I see at the park are stock rentals
I had a double barrel air on my Status, and was more than happy with it Smile

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 18:19 Quote
denlo wrote:
I used to ride a 450 in a vivid ,weighting 78kg. 500 and 105kg has to be way to soft

That's what I thought, but it doesn't feel that bad. I have maybe half the compression clicks on. If I can find a 550 or 600 pound spring second hand i'll try it.

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
Did specialized discontinue the status? It's not on their website anymore now that the 2016 graphics are on there for other bikes.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 0:08 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Did specialized discontinue the status? It's not on their website anymore now that the 2016 graphics are on there for other bikes.

Either two things are happening.

1. There is a new Low-end DH bike in the works that is replacing the status and it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

2. Specialized has removed the status and drop the price on the Alu Demo to try and increase the number of sell while saving money by only have to design and manufacture one DH bike. Might be their answer to cheap high-end DH bikes like the yt tues.

My guest is still number 1 though, something in the works. There are still 2016 bike that have been leaked online a few months ago but are still not on the website.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
have spesh really stopped the status or is there any news of something similar

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
Flyboy7777 wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:

1. There is a new Low-end DH bike in the works that is replacing the status and it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

2. Specialized has removed the status and drop the price on the Alu Demo to try and increase the number of sell while saving money by only have to design and manufacture one DH bike. Might be their answer to cheap high-end DH bikes like the yt tues.

My guest is still number 1 though, something in the works. There are still 2016 bike that have been leaked online a few months ago but are still not on the website.

can you post pictures of the leaked bike?

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Flyboy7777 wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:

I guess he is talking about the alu demo 8.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 21:31 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
Flyboy7777 wrote:

I guess he is talking about the alu demo 8.

Yeah the alu demo is one. I was also going to say the 2016 Enduro Evo though I just notice its on the UK and German website. Looks like it isn't being offered in the US or Australia

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015281
Mobile Version of Website