Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 10:48 Quote
Bortinicha wrote:
Hi guys, i am 168cm or 5,6 what size would you recommend small or medium?
I'd probably go for the small. I'm 173,used to ride a small status and really liked it. As I got faster though, I did start to appreciate a longer bike so now I'm on a medium, really happy about that longer bike.

If you could try riding both sizes, that would obviously help. If you have racing ambitions, medium could do, but otherwise I'd get a small.

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 11:14 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Bortinicha wrote:
I'd probably go for the small. I'm 173,used to ride a small status and really liked it. As I got faster though, I did start to appreciate a longer bike so now I'm on a medium, really happy about that longer bike.

If you could try riding both sizes, that would obviously help. If you have racing ambitions, medium could do, but otherwise I'd get a small.
Thank you for the fast answer. I Couldn't find any sizing chart for the status. And was the small size too short?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
Bortinicha wrote:
MrDuck wrote:
Bortinicha wrote:

Thank you for the fast answer. I Couldn't find any sizing chart for the status. And was the small size too short?
It was, but not by much. For very technical and not so fast trails on the North Shore, or for tight bermed trails it was actually spot on, but at higher speeds on technical trails it was a little nervous, and didn't really give me that much room to move around on the bike. Now, on a medium 2015 Demo, which feels much longer, I feel significantly more confident.

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
This my issue when I had my stauts in a small

Now riding a Scott gambler it's million miles away from the status

Miss it so much gambler is nothing on the status

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
Bortinicha wrote:
I would recommend a medium. Longer bikes allow you to move around better in the cockpit and it is more stable.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 23:34 Quote
Thanks guys!
@Bortinicha I would suggest you to try them both if you can. I wasn't able to do that and got a medium (183 cm or 6'0). At first it was kinda small but now I like it. However, if you decide to put bushings, angle set or run a really short stem ( 40mm) your reach is going to suffer. So, choose wisely (medium)! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Does anyone know the needed shock bushing size?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 22:44 Quote
nicgoyette wrote:

Thanks!

the offsetbush info:
Bush diameter: 12.7mm diameter
Bolt diameter is 8mm
Max offset is 2mm (thus giving you -0.5º)
Length 21.8mm

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 5:15 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
nicgoyette wrote:

Thanks!

the offsetbush info:
Bolt diameter is 8mm
Length 21.8mm

Thanks for the help exactly what I needed!

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
nicgoyette wrote:

Thanks!

the offsetbush info:
Bolt diameter is 8mm
Length 21.8mm

Though you can use a pair - to give you 1.0º Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 1:19 Quote
jezzah wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:
nicgoyette wrote:

Thanks!

the offsetbush info:
Bolt diameter is 8mm
Length 21.8mm

Actually no, if you use a pair your rear triangle will bottom out on your seat tube. I'd not recommend that!

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
jezzah wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

the offsetbush info:
Bolt diameter is 8mm
Length 21.8mm

Actually no, if you use a pair your rear triangle will bottom out on your seat tube. I'd not recommend that!

Did they change the frame over the years? We have many, many customers with a pair in their Status with no reported issues.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 22:09 Quote
jezzah wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:
jezzah wrote:

Did they change the frame over the years? We have many, many customers with a pair in their Status with no reported issues.
As far as I know the frame has always been the same (except for colour changes). I bought two bushings (a few years ago) myself put them on the bike and pushed the shock down until it bottomed out and it did touch the frame. Which is why I end up running an angleset and only one offset bushing. So I find it strange to hear that no one has had a problem. Of course if you run a shorter stroke shock with the same eye to eye (222x63 vs the stock 222x70) then running two bushes is possible.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
jezzah wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

As far as I know the frame has always been the same (except for colour changes). I bought two bushings (a few years ago) myself put them on the bike and pushed the shock down until it bottomed out and it did touch the frame. Which is why I end up running an angleset and only one offset bushing. So I find it strange to hear that no one has had a problem. Of course if you run a shorter stroke shock with the same eye to eye (222x63 vs the stock 222x70) then running two bushes is possible.

I see, interesting! We can only go of people getting in touch to know about clearance of course, though I'd expect some to have given the number we have sold for the Status!

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
It is strange that Sintra claims an issue with using the shock bushings for more than .5* HA change yet offsetbushings hasn't heard the same...
I'll just order the pair and check fitment...I can always sell the other bushing if I can't use it Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018205
Mobile Version of Website