Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
martindh020897 wrote:
can anyone tell me how i can solve the problem that i cant setup my gears correctly?
it would be possible but the derailleur would hit the frame, so i have to turn the screw inside a few turns that it dont hit the frame anymore. But then the gears are not working well anyomore. Is there anything i can do?
I have the zee derailleur short cage with cs hg500 12-28t with slx shiftter.
Zee RD has 2 options. Close ratio and wide ratio. If you have the close ratio, then your RD will hit the frame when shifted to the lowest cog. Got this experience from my Saint Rd. Saint has a mode converter for wide or close ratio. I installed my RD without the mode converter coz im running 11-24 cassette. Then thats the problem, the RD is hitting the frame. Then i install the mode converter and problem solved. Hope this might help. But please check first if the RD placement is correct.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
betitoraveli wrote:
martindh020897 wrote:
can anyone tell me how i can solve the problem that i cant setup my gears correctly?
it would be possible but the derailleur would hit the frame, so i have to turn the screw inside a few turns that it dont hit the frame anymore. But then the gears are not working well anyomore. Is there anything i can do?
Zee RD has 2 options. Close ratio and wide ratio. If you have the close ratio, then your RD will hit the frame when shifted to the lowest cog. Got this experience from my Saint Rd. Saint has a mode converter for wide or close ratio. I installed my RD without the mode converter coz im running 11-24 cassette. Then thats the problem, the RD is hitting the frame. Then i install the mode converter and problem solved. Hope this might help. But please check first if the RD placement is correct.
should i use a bigger cassette for wide ratio? for example 11-36 instead a 11-28? maybe i could remove the 3 biggest cogs because for riding downhill. maybe im going to buy a saint RD and try it out with mode converter or zee FR version and another cassette

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
martindh020897 wrote:
betitoraveli wrote:
martindh020897 wrote:
should i use a bigger cassette for wide ratio? for example 11-36 instead a 11-28? maybe i could remove the 3 biggest cogs because for riding downhill. maybe im going to buy a saint RD and try it out with mode converter and another cassette
You need to install the mode converter even you are using close ratio cassette just to avoid hitting the frame. About my drivetrain setup, im using saint RD and shifter. 10 speed 11-36 slx cassette converted to 7 speed by removing the 3 biggest cogs and i bought a DH Block from oneup. DH block is a spacer in replacement of the 3 largest cogs removed.

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 20:54 Quote
Does anyone have recommendations for wheel sets? I am looking for something cheepish and indestructible, I dont care about the weight at all, im just sick of tunning wheels. It seams like no one makes 10x135 rears any more, is there any way around this to use a 12x150?

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
ntd14 wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for wheel sets? I am looking for something cheepish and indestructible, I dont care about the weight at all, im just sick of tunning wheels. It seams like everything no one makes 10x135 rears any more, is there any way around this to use a 12x150?
The 12x150 is impossible, but 12x135 is doable with a stepdown axle.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
ntd14 wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for wheel sets? I am looking for something cheepish and indestructible, I dont care about the weight at all, im just sick of tunning wheels. It seams like no one makes 10x135 rears any more, is there any way around this to use a 12x150?

Azonic outlaw bro. Cheap, durable, and heavy. 12x135 hub. But problem solvers makes an axel for like $20 or so. I have em on my status and no issues. Put tons of miles on them back when they were on my all mountain (you know, before Enduro) bike, and they are still taking a licking on the big bike

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
Dont get a hope hub pro4 my cassette body falls apart every time i take the wheels off haha

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 7:53 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Dont get a hope hub pro4 my cassette body falls apart every time i take the wheels off haha

Hmm what do you mean? Surprised to hear that.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 0:26 Quote
Basically the freehub comes away from the hub, then i need to push the wee rachet pawls in to resat the freehub body, probs not the best at explainig it, but it is rather annoying

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 8:20 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Basically the freehub comes away from the hub, then i need to push the wee rachet pawls in to resat the freehub body, probs not the best at explainig it, but it is rather annoying

That's weird they usually clip in place and need a good tug to get it off. There's probably something wrong with it but I wouldn't cross hope hubs off my upgrade list. They're sweet hubs and I've never had one fail, plus you get the sickest sound

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
Yeah it should clip in, but slides out no problem, you can feel a light bit on resistance holding it in but very easy to slide out and not fit into the frame, going to take into the local bikeshop when i have some time, riding my jump bike the now so im not using the wheels so may aswell do it soon, hub sounds awesome like, even after i put i back in it runs sweet and sound awesome

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 21:28 Quote
Thanks guys, I went with a step down axle and nukeproof DH rim and their short cassette hub, because it provides a wider base for the spokes hopefully it will be stronger, I am single speed anyway so not too worried about not fitting a full sized cassette. And they are on sale with CRC for way cheaper than anything else in the same league.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
hi guys, I'm trying to learn 180 fakie on my status as I want to do them in bike parks this summer. I can already do them on my street bike. My question is, do you think there is some kind of problem in doing them with the status? I mean breaking stuff or excessive wearing of some parts etc.
thanks in advance

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 1:07 Quote
savefolla wrote:
hi guys, I'm trying to learn 180 fakie on my status as I want to do them in bike parks this summer. I can already do them on my street bike. My question is, do you think there is some kind of problem in doing them with the status? I mean breaking stuff or excessive wearing of some parts etc.
thanks in advance
From where I'm sitting, it may put some extra stress on the bearings and the rims (if you don't land it correctly) but I wouldn't think about it. You are putting a lot more stress on the bike flying over rock gardens. Have fun and don't think about it. In the worst case, you'll have to straighten your wheel in the bike park. While the bearings... they are meant to be replaced Big Grin

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 20:41 Quote
looking at a status 1 , 2015 for my son. is there any difference other than components on the status 1 vs. 2
like geometry, frame material, weight, etc?
thx guys

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014618
Mobile Version of Website